Sign in to follow this  
#

I'm totally gobsmacked.........

[quote user="Wiz"]Can we possibly hang on to him?[/quote]maybe? maybe not? technically...yes as he has a contract, if that matters these days.

Almost certainly not.Anyone in demand will very likely be off. It''s what happens when you are relegated.

Probably not and I don''t think it matters too much. If he played well for the first few months he''d likely be sold in January so I''d ratehr get a good fee and replace him.

I believe holding on to Redmond is more important.

Me too, but I guess because he was on honeymoon after the WC rather than a standard holiday, he was happy to delay his situation with the club knowing that something will happen in due course.

I doubt we can keep him, and feel that now its all about the fee................but, like RVW feel a season loan would be particularly beneficial.

You may be gobsmacked, but don''t build your hopes too high.

QPR would want to get him, but on the cheap, I suspect - is the manager under instructions not to spend like in the recent past? Can he persuade his board that this is no squad player but an international, and if so how high will he bid.

Southampton are a different case - they have plenty of transfer money, or is it going on solving financial problems? They want Redmond, and possibly Fer, but how much can they afford?

In the end Premiership clubs can offer higher wages, but some are strapped for cash. We have to stand firm, and not allow them to get a good player for virtual peanuts, because in 12 months time we may be buying someone like him, and all we shall have will be peanuts. McNally''s reputation took a dive earlier this year. Now is the time for him to get a good price for a very good asset, or else try to hang on.

Can we hang on? If the potential buyer were one the big boys, who have all sorts of ways of unsettling players, I wouldn''t give us a chance, but perhaps we can get him to resist the blandishments of QPR and Southampton. But I wouldn''t bet on it.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

I doubt we can keep him, and feel that now its all about the fee................but, like RVW feel a season loan would be particularly beneficial.[/quote]Can''t imagine he will be short of suitors willing to buy him on a permanent deal – 10m+ or he stays put as far as I''m concerned!

[quote user="Wiz"]Can we possibly hang on to him?[/quote]

I thought you told us the other week he was gone, Delia had pocketed the profit and Adams would not be seeing any money from the sale. Something to do with same old Norwich and lack of ambition. [:P][;)]

[quote user="coachkemp"][quote user="Wiz"]Can we possibly hang on to him?[/quote]
maybe? maybe not? technically...yes as he has a contract, if that matters these days.
[/quote]

all a transfer fee does is buy out the length of time on that contract..

used bog roll is worth more than any players "contract"

Why are you gobsmacked? He probably wants to go to a prem club, but didn''t play that well last season (was alright, average) so prem clubs that want him will only be prepared to pay so much, on the other hand the manager and CEO realise he''ll be a beast in the championship and will want a lot of money for him. QPR want a midfielder and he is a target for them "amongst others." Southampton are also looking at him apparently, but would they want to replace a £20m Schneiderlin with a (relegated) Fer? Quite a drop I think

If we do get an acceptable bid, we should come to an arrangement where we keep him for the match versus Ipswich at least!

Unfortunately I think he''ll go which is a shame as we would be worse without him in the squad. There is such a long time to go before the end of August - way too soon to be counting chickens.

I''ll be surprised if he''s in the squad for Sunday''s game but we have 5 games to play before the transfer window closes so he''ll be in the ''shop window'' at some stage.

[quote user="Salopian"]You may be gobsmacked, but don''t build your hopes too high.

QPR would want to get him, but on the cheap, I suspect - is the manager under instructions not to spend like in the recent past? Can he persuade his board that this is no squad player but an international, and if so how high will he bid.

Southampton are a different case - they have plenty of transfer money, or is it going on solving financial problems? They want Redmond, and possibly Fer, but how much can they afford?

In the end Premiership clubs can offer higher wages, but some are strapped for cash. We have to stand firm, and not allow them to get a good player for virtual peanuts, because in 12 months time we may be buying someone like him, and all we shall have will be peanuts. McNally''s reputation took a dive earlier this year. Now is the time for him to get a good price for a very good asset, or else try to hang on.

Can we hang on? If the potential buyer were one the big boys, who have all sorts of ways of unsettling players, I wouldn''t give us a chance, but perhaps we can get him to resist the blandishments of QPR and Southampton. But I wouldn''t bet on it.[/quote]

But in many others, including mine, opinion, McNally''s reputation was restored somewhat with the fee received for Snodgrass which even Bruce admitted was too high.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="coachkemp"][quote user="Wiz"]Can we possibly hang on to him?[/quote]maybe? maybe not? technically...yes as he has a contract, if that matters these days. [/quote]

all a transfer fee does is buy out the length of time on that contract..

used bog roll is worth more than any players "contract"

[/quote]what ! ! !it''s a bl oody legal document which has to be, and is, adhered to in absolutehave you a clue what you are talking about ?

[quote user="Wiz"]

That Fer is still with us and back in training, I really am!

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/back_to_business_for_norwich_city_s_leroy_fer_1_3711753

[/quote]is that because you told us all, 6 weeks ago that[quote user="Wiz"]

Reading between the lines I believe Adams is trying to soften us all up for an exodus of vital key players very soon.   

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/manager_neil_adams_warns_norwich_city_must_be_ready_to_react_if_players_make_summer_exits_1_3652290

Furthermore, I truly believe that had our prudence with

ambition board appointed an experienced manager the suspected exodus

would not even take place.

[/quote]so who are these key players ?and how soon ... is soon ?"..............the suspected exodus

would not even take place"
suspected by who ?no one, just you making up stuff ... againand the irony is the only player of any note to have left is one that you said would never sign for the club and that the board were lying about him signing ! ! !

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="Wiz"]

That Fer is still with us and back in training, I really am!

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/back_to_business_for_norwich_city_s_leroy_fer_1_3711753

[/quote]

is that because you told us all, 6 weeks ago that

[quote user="Wiz"]

Reading between the lines I believe Adams is trying to soften us all up for an exodus of vital key players very soon.   

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/manager_neil_adams_warns_norwich_city_must_be_ready_to_react_if_players_make_summer_exits_1_3652290

Furthermore, I truly believe that had our prudence with ambition board appointed an experienced manager the suspected exodus would not even take place.

[/quote]

so who are these key players ?

and how soon ... is soon ?

"..............the suspected exodus would not even take place"

suspected by who ?

no one, just you making up stuff ... again

and the irony is the only player of any note to have left

is one that you said would never sign for the club and that the board were lying about him signing ! ! !

[/quote]

2 Pages of sensible replies, then look who pops in?

Says it all really. [:S]

He''s dangerously off his head Wiz. At the mere sight of your name his eye starts twitching, the teeth gnash and a shout of WIZARD!!

[quote user="Herman "]He''s dangerously off his head Wiz. At the mere sight of your name his eye starts twitching, the teeth gnash and a shout of WIZARD!!

[/quote]

rofl rofl

"2 Pages of sensible replies, then look who pops in? "

thank god no one else is pointing out what a liar you areor..................[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Wiz"]Can we possibly hang on to him?[/quote]

I thought you told us the other week he was gone, Delia had

pocketed the profit and Adams would not be seeing any money from the

sale. Something to do with same old Norwich and lack of ambition.

[:P][;)]

[/quote]

[quote user="Herman "]He''s dangerously off his head Wiz. At the mere sight of your name his eye starts twitching, the teeth gnash and a shout of WIZARD!!

[/quote]

Say that again Herman...........I bet he soils himself when replying to me.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He does seem a bit ''off the wall'' but he''s very good at finding the posts on here where Wiz lies so long may he continue.

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He does seem a bit ''off the wall'' but he''s very good at finding the posts on here where Wiz lies so long may he continue.

[/quote]

Before the mods removed another thread ruined by him yesterday I PROVED he alters my words...so take your blinkers off and wise up.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Before the mods removed another thread ruined by him yesterday I PROVED he alters my words...so take your blinkers off and wise up.

[/quote]

Surely you have not thought this through Wizard. There is nobody on this forum that alters your words more than YOU DO!! Every time you express an opinion.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ha! He finds loads of examples, one post that was removed does not get you off the hook, but keep squirming it''s just adorable.

Good, now back on subject .......could the Surman transfer rumour be linked to Fer actually staying?

He''s under contract and the club don''t need to sell, therefore if Adams wants him to stay he should be staying.

The only thing against this is if he really wants to go then he probably wont help the side as his heart wont be in it.

If hes sold being under contract he should only leave if an over priced offer comes our way.