Sign in to follow this  
Dibs

Grant Holt to make a Return?

After Adams spoke about Grant Holt yesterday on Radio Norfolk and Wes might sign a 2 year extension are we about to see the return of Holt?I still feel he could help our youngsters in this division and play a part.

Can''t see this happening, but the reaction on TWTD would be amusing. They would cr*p themselves come the derby.

[quote user="Robin Hood canary"]Would be a dream come true if it happened but just can''t see him wanting to be down here again[/quote]

Dream come true ?

Threw all his toys out of the pram to get a new extended contract then burnt all his bridges with David McNally when he eventually left.

Couldn''t cut it with Wigan last season and appears to be in rapid decline. Apart from his poor last season with us - which wasn''t really his fault - he was a brilliant servant for NCFC but that''s where it should end. Past glories are very hard to recapture.

I stand by to be berated, but I have it on very good authority that Holt is about to move to Upton.

Source? An eminent resident of the village.

So ''finished'' that he spent half a season in the PL with Villa? You really will spin anything negative, won''t you Cheap Shot.

I don''t think he is what we need, but I would have thought he still had something to offer at the level we find ourselves.

I would give him a chance to impress in practice and see how he does. Couldn''t hurt. He mean''t a lot to this club and I believe this club meant a lot to him. With passionate play he could be a great sub. A chance wouldn''t hurt anyone let him earn it.

Whatever the merits of this, I can see it happening given that we''re a club lurching from one crisis to another and looking to usher our best players out the door. Holt returning might be a way to sweeten the fans once it''s announced that we''re cashing in on Leroy Fer.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]So ''finished'' that he spent half a season in the PL with Villa? You really will spin anything negative, won''t you Cheap Shot.

I don''t think he is what we need, but I would have thought he still had something to offer at the level we find ourselves.[/quote]Why try to spin the negative into good news ? to me if its negative thats what it is , and if Holt had anything left to offer at this level then Wigan would not be trying to offload him , his days at this level are long gone .

My heart says YES, but my head takes me back to when we re-signed an ageing Robert Fleck in 1995.

It wasn''t the same.

Maybe a 3-month loan could be good though....

[quote user="flecky76"]My heart says YES, but my head takes me back to when we re-signed an ageing Robert Fleck in 1995.It wasn''t the same.Maybe a 3-month loan could be good though....[/quote]I remember when Fleck came back - maybe not the player he was when he left but certainly still had enough to give. He was a good player to have in and around the squad and played well with the likes of Bellamy. He was still better than some of our other options.

If Holt returns it will only be to pacify the fans after not spending any more money. Surely we can do better. Three signings and one of those a freebie isn''t what we all expected. If we kept everyone we have now we would still be short of defensive quality...... that''s what we need not Holt back