Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Don Goodmans League Predictions - No top 6 for us!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11096/9408091/football-league-201415-don-goodman-makes-his-predictions-for-the-season

Winner: Wigan

Runner-up: Derby

Play-offs: Watford, Cardiff, Bournemouth, Wolves

Relegation: Blackpool, Leeds, Charlton

Top scorer: Chris Martin (Derby)

Player to watch: James McArthur (Wigan)

Young gun: Will Hughes (Derby)

Surprised he doesn''t even have us as finishing in the play-offs. Or even having someone like Redmond as the player to watch. Opinions?

Thats funny....Wolved in the play offs......I doubt Hughes will be at Derby by the 1st Sep and last Martin to be top scorer.hmmmm

Can''t say I agree with him.

People can predict all they like but its how you play on the day which pedicts which way you will be going. I think and hope we will do well. All will come clear after the first few matches. Good Luck lads you can do it !!! prove all the critics wrong this season!

O not overly worried, points will be won on the pitch through the endeavour of our players, footballs not about pundits, shirts styles, length of shorts, hair styles or badgers, it''s about lung busting runs, dirty knees, centre halfs with broken noses and no teeth.

Don may have opinions but come game day when the players cross the white line they''re about a much use as a chocolate fireguard.

I''m not fussed about predictions.

What i do find re-assuring in many ways though is how highly rated Chris Martin is at this level by all those who regularly watch championship football. I find this reassuring because whilst i always thought Martin was decent enough for us and never let us down, we moved on from him and I still feel that despite relegation we have better options at our disposal than Martin. I also watched Derby (who many pundits are tipping to go up) on several occasions towards the end of last season and virtually every time thought they looked bang average with a number of defenders who the likes of Redmond, Wes and Pilks will run rings around. I do therefore believe that if we can keep our key players and get off to a reasonable start we are plenty good enough to be competing for the top 2 this season.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I''m not fussed about predictions.

What i do find re-assuring in many ways though is how highly rated Chris Martin is at this level by all those who regularly watch championship football. I find this reassuring because whilst i always thought Martin was decent enough for us and never let us down, we moved on from him and I still feel that despite relegation we have better options at our disposal than Martin. I also watched Derby (who many pundits are tipping to go up) on several occasions towards the end of last season and virtually every time thought they looked bang average with a number of defenders who the likes of Redmond, Wes and Pilks will run rings around. I do therefore believe that if we can keep our key players and get off to a reasonable start we are plenty good enough to be competing for the top 2 this season.[/quote]

Anyone would think he knows one or two things about football, A no hope player in his day and a no clue pundit now

He''s ex-Wolves. I would''ve been more surprised had he not included them.I''ve seen quite a few people say they fancy Watford this season. The Vydra/Deeney partnership could hit it off, but put it this way, I''d be disappointed if our group of players could not finish above Watford, and that''s even if we had the likes of Fer and Redmond ripped away before the transfer window closes.

Exactly Jim, I think a lot of people are forgetting what a massive step up it was from the Championship to the PL. Some of our star performers in the promotion year like Crofts, Barnett, Fox, R.Martin(first year) and Jackson were mostly completely out of their depth in the top flight. Players like the Bennett''s, Redmond, Johnson, Pilks, Whittaker, Turner etc who we''re just okay at that level should be a class above in this league

We have an amazing squad for this league, unless Adams somehow proves to be completely inept I can''t see how we''ll fail to at the very least make the top 6

if these so called pundits had an real idea.... or accuracy, they would not be putting stuff in the media but living off their winnings