Sign in to follow this  
Monty burns

McNally does it again..

RVW deal to St Etienne, 1.25m up front, St Etienne paying 100% of Ricky''s wages during the season long loan, they have a option of making it a permanent move for an additional 6m and we have a 20% sell on clause!!

That''s quite a deal, hats off to McNally and co!

May I ask where you heard those fee''s from? Just curious. If really 1.25m up front and an additional 6m. That would truly be amazing.

If this is accurate then its a very good piece of business. Shame to see him leave in this manner but there is no guarantee that RVW would prosper in the Chamionship...its a tough 46 games, and although i believe he''s a tryer , that may not be enough this season. Well done all.

A great bit of businessThere will still be all the mcnally haters coming on to slate him for something else though

Fantastic deal for Norwich to get him off the booksNow he only has the 2 x B''s to work on - Bechio & BassongWell done NcNally

[quote user="crabbycanary"]They have printed the £ sign[/quote]

thats great business then, it has to be said. Only two out so far and on the face of it both great deals for the club.

well done the board, now lets see a couple of decent defenders come in and we can take this league by the scruff of the neck.

If the reported details are accurate, then well done to the Board. This deal smacks of having been achieved with the St Etienne chairman enjoying a free bar laid on by McNally.

Sincerest best wishes and luck to RvW - hope he bangs in a hatful because if he doesn''t, terrifyingly, he might come back.

Great deal by the CEO. Let''s hope he can work some more magic and get us the CB and RB we have been crying out for for two seasons now. Get those two sorted and we can triumph this season.

Great deal and there is that fee we hoped for.

I don''t think we will see a CB/RB until the loan market hots up and Bassong is out the door.

Given what deals McNally has done so far then Bassong we go for 3 million plus ;-)

All in all another great bit of work by the club and no one can complain about this.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]

If the reported details are accurate, then well done to the Board. This deal smacks of having been achieved with the St Etienne chairman enjoying a free bar laid on by McNally.

Sincerest best wishes and luck to RvW - hope he bangs in a hatful because if he doesn''t, terrifyingly, he might come back.

[/quote]
I''m not 100% convinced the figures are pounds when they could be euros.

Seems a sound deal,  but if he has as successful europa lague season expect plenty of doom sayers bemoaning the £6m fee as selling him short - if he has a poor season he will be back with us and so it starts all over again.

Good bit of business. I don''t know much about the French league but St Etienne clearly think he can achieve something there. He would have to have a cracker of a season for them to want to take up the option.

Yep he might well come back.....but we would have had 1.25 million added to the bank and wages covered.

I don''t think he will flop I hope he will bsg enough to get the move.

Sound deal indeed.

[quote user="Indy"]Yep he might well come back.....but we would have had 1.25 million added to the bank and wages covered.

I don''t think he will flop I hope he will bsg enough to get the move.

Sound deal indeed.[/quote]
That''s Grant Holt''s money covered then.

[quote user="William Darby"]So when RvW scores an absolute shed load.  McNally will be the pantomime villian again for letting him go on the cheap.

[:P]

[/quote]

Worthy of a Huzzah! [:D]

The only problem as I see it is if he has another bad season we will be lumbered with him in 2015/16. I for one am not convinced he will be a roaring success in France so let''s hope I am wrong.

Christ sake everyone calm down! We haven''t received a transfer fee and i very much doubt that St Etienne will cough up the rest of the cash if RVW does well there.

The initial fee and the wages off our bill are still a good bit of business but i don''t think we should get too excited about recouping his initial transfer fee just yet.

Funny how figures are virtually never disclosed on any other deals, but very full details have been given on this flop.

Is this selectivity intended to reflect well on the club''s hierarchy after such a flop?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]The only problem as I see it is if he has another bad season we will be lumbered with him in 2015/16. I for one am not convinced he will be a roaring success in France so let''s hope I am wrong.[/quote]Under the circumstances, if those figures are accurate, it is a as good a deal as could have been expected. But there is no guarantee St Etienne will want to buy van Wolfswinkel at the end of the season. He would have to do pretty well for a not that rich club to be willing to pay £6m on top of the £1.25m already shelled out. Leaving aside PSG and Monaco, more than €9m is a big sum for French football.I can see a situation happening in which he does OK but not that well (I assume there has been no kind of goals tally set that forces an automatic bid) and St Etienne offer a lower sum, knowing we don''t want him back. Then the real negotiations would start.

If he does OK but not well enough for St E to pay the full balance, then an additional season long loan or sale to another club could also come into play - I''m sure there would be takers.

Let''s also not forget the additional 20% sell-on clause - if he fulfills the potential that some on here see, we could be in for a right tasty windfall down the line..[:|]

Tbh in the grand scheme of things it doesn''t make that much difference whether these figures are £ or euros - obviously there''s a physical difference In cash terms, but either way it still represents a better deal than we expected.

somebody asked on here a month or so agao "who does McNally get all the flack from the fans when it goes wrong.."

i''m interested in why he gets all the praise when it goes right?

[quote user="Fuzzar"]

If he does OK but not well enough for St E to pay the full balance, then an additional season long loan or sale to another club could also come into play - I''m sure there would be takers.

Let''s also not forget the additional 20% sell-on clause - if he fulfills the potential that some on here see, we could be in for a right tasty windfall down the line..[:|]

[/quote]We might or might not want to extend the loan for another season. We might want shot of the player. And under the circumstances you outline, with St Etienne not wanting to buy, then a sale by us to another club would be bound to bring in less than the amount we have negotiated with St Etienne. Pretty much by definition it would be markedly less. And the 20 per cent sell-on clause would only come into play if that new club sold van Wolfswinkel on.The deal looks as good as we could have hoped for but there are no guarantees we will recoup or nearly recoup what we paid in the first place, and I would not count on a windfall, ie actually making a profit. The only certainty at the moment is that we are getting £1.25m for a player who cost us £8.5m.