Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

The Binners Bible

I do think some of this board''s posters could happily post the same old guff on a binner site and never be questioned for not being one of them.

I enjoy visiting TWTD frequently and a poster on there is a character called Harry from Bath who engenders a lot of respect from his fellow members because he takes the time, on a regular basis, to delve into other club''s forums to report the feelings of their fans.

He has today concerned himself with us in his notes for the on-coming season:-

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/25514/notes-for-the-new-season--part-eight-norwich-city

Reasonable assessment in some ways although he has clearly been highly selective in his quotes and his additional facts in order to paint as negative a picture about our current situation as is possible.

He has, it would seem, and not unexpectedly, gone over our club with his microscope in order to emphasised and exaggerate every single negative aspect that there can possibly be.

He fails to allow himself one positive utterance in what amounts to a truly imbalanced diatribe about our affairs.

I hope our ''Arry (I don''t half do bias) from Bath reads this because as a non-member I cannot reply on there.

They must be sore afraid.

It contains some great stories;

When Marcus entered the temple and threw out all the money lenders and kept the money for himself.

The miracle of the full stadium.

The story of the Good Samaritan who saw the ailing football club and decided to help it but then sold off the training ground to his own holding company.

The story of the loaves and fishes, all that was available in the bars and concessions after the clubs failed to pay the usual supplier. 

The virgin birth in 1p5wich and the two wise men (they could only find 2 and one of them was from out of town)

The years spent in the wilderness after consistently failing to get promoted.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

It contains some great stories;

When Marcus entered the temple and threw out all the money lenders and kept the money for himself.

The miracle of the full stadium.

The story of the Good Samaritan who saw the ailing football club and decided to help it but then sold off the training ground to his own holding company.

The story of the loaves and fishes, all that was available in the bars and concessions after the clubs failed to pay the usual supplier. 

The virgin birth in 1p5wich and the two wise men (they could only find 2 and one of them was from out of town)

The years spent in the wilderness after consistently failing to get promoted.[/quote]

And they still think Marcus Evans walks on water.....

And McCarthy can part the river Orwell.....

They just forgot "thou shalt not steal". [:D]

Lamentationschapter V

i)  and the Lord did look down upon his chosen people and said "render unto ceasar what is ceasars and the suffering tribe of bin did hand over the training groundii)  the lord instructed his lowly tribe to take they players to the market and sell them, for that money shall belong to godiii)  set aside 4 score hundred seats to be empty at every game that you may praise my nameiv)  there shall not be wailing and rending of clothes but silence when many are gathered on the holiest of days, saturdayv)  and the tribe of bin were deeply troubled for had they not suffered a plague of debt, an abominatioon of aged men in blue shirts and a failure in their crop of youthsvi)  but the Lord told the diminishing multitude "touch thee thy forelock and lower thy face" and the tribe of bin did so and cried out as one ''Evans as above"

There was Exodus, when the multitude left the stadia never to return.

And the stories from the tribal elders who told of the ancient scriptures and their tales of shiny cups.

Dear oh dear if poor old Harry is reading this during one of his trawls of our messageboards then he should note that his desperation to paint us as being in a state or disarray only serves to show up how concerned he clearly is about us.

My own feeling heading into the season is that i think we have an incredibly strong squad going into this season with players in most positions of a quality Ipsh*t could only dream of. Yes its possible we may lose one or two more which won''t be helpful but if we do it will be for big money and we will deal with it. Most likely departure probably Fer but the pre-season squad has looked good enough to give it a good crack even if he does go.

The thing I found interesting was the comment at the bottom saying ''shambles of a club,'' when the poster supports ipswich. *facepalm*

and one poor simple member of the tribe of bin spoke unto his wife saying "I think not much of the sky tv for, I see no players"

http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/d/dore/gustave/bible/plates/026.jpg

I think the penny has finally dropped,  even for the dimwits of suffolkEvans flogs off their defender for a few million and MmcCarthy is told he will still have to scrabble around for freebies and cast offs, yet againTthey couldn''t afford Cat 1 and they have even pulled out of the suffolk cup to save a few penniesTheir pre season amounted to Essex

it''s time to put the poor old donkey out of it''s misery

To be honest they don''t have anything to talk about on their forum except our relegation and how we might not go instantly back up. As well as the following (genuine thread from twtd):

"Great Things about America

1) We have a constitution and bill of rights that the general public is aware of, unlike some places where it is made up as it goes along

2) We have an elected head of state

3) Land and property is very cheap compared to a lot of places across the world

4) The variety of climates and cultures all within one nation. If you like snow boarding, you can go and live in Colorado. If you love the beach, you can live in Florida. If you want the big city attractions, you have NYC, Chicago, LA. if you want the small town life, you can go do that in a wide number of places. There is literally a place for everybody to live the way they wish to surrounded by people of a similar mindset

5) The Women. They are out of this world beautiful. And you have so many different flavors in abundance. White, Black, Latino, Asian and various combinations of, creating a melting pot of exotic beauty.

6) Hollywood and the billion dollar blockbusters it produces to entertain us

7) The quality and variety of music. You have everything from Motown, to rap, to metal, to country, to pop, to punk, to rock. America has produced a lot of great music

8) The US military. It defeated the axis in ww2, and kept the soviet union out of western Europe until the end of the cold war, and for that, we should be grateful

9) Professional Wrestling

10) The NFL

11) College Football and College basketball

12) The American University system which produces some of the finest minds of our time

13) American styles and fashions. You wouldn''t be wearing jeans without them

14) They didn''t invent the internet, but they did bring it to the public sphere

That''s just what I could think of from the top of my head

EDIT*****

I just thought of a couple more

15) We have the death penalty for murderers and terrorists

16) We invented the drive thru resturaunt

17) The majority of our population don''t get taken in by the climate change hokum

18) A lot of us go to church

19) Muscle cars !!!!

20) Las Vegas

21) Did I mention the women

22) The second amendment

23) HBO - which provides the funding for game of thrones

24) The people are generally very friendly and welcoming

25) hooters"

there are some classic lines of stupidity amongst the rest of the witless drivel""Adams seems to be waiting to see the size of the rump that''s left once

the Premier League boys have taken their bite. "
Unfortunately for this dimwitted farm hand a ''rump'' is what is refered to when describing a small part of something. To qualify for that we would need to see around 18 or so of our squad to be sold to PL clubs in the next few weeks. 18 players being sold is quite a desperate hope, but to have them all go to PL clubs is totally adsurd even by his low witted intellect. So far it is one player - the same as them.The problem is however that this suffolk drivel merchant is unable, as is his audience, to differentiate between style and content. So what might sound like good prose in his hillbilly head does not stand up when examined a bit closer.poor old binnersis is not time to put the poor old donkey out of it''s misery ?