Sign in to follow this  
jb

Cycling to Carrow Road

Hello all,I''m planning to cycle to and from home games this season - just wondering if anyone else does the same and has any advice about where''s best to lock up a bike near the ground - don''t think I''ve seen racks directly outside but then I wasn''t really looking for them before.Thanks in advance for your help!jb

what about Morrisons  most big supermarkets have cycle racks ?

ps if you do lock your bike to the back of a player''s car make sure it''s not Carlo Nash''s car...............................  especially if you are still sat on it  !

[quote user="jb"]Hello all,I''m planning to cycle to and from home games this season - just wondering if anyone else does the same and has any advice about where''s best to lock up a bike near the ground - don''t think I''ve seen racks directly outside but then I wasn''t really looking for them before.Thanks in advance for your help!jb[/quote]Good on ya jb. When I get to a game I tend to cycle as well. I find the best place to leave my bike is at the train station. Always people milling around and lots of other bikes left there, so as long as you''ve got a fairly decent lock it will be pretty safe. Then just a 5 minute walk to the ground.

There is also the riverside sports center which is probably just as good as any and within a hop, skip and a jump from the ground.

Well, as we aren''t playing against Liverpool or Everton this coming season, you can leave it unlocked anywhere around the stadium.....

There are a few bike racks around Morrisons and the Nike store but you may be better off locking it in the train station. Not sure if Riverside have some racks on the ground floor of the multi storey?

jb,There are a few racks opposite the hotel,but these do tend to be taken up quite early on matchdays.Especially if the weather conditions are good!If these are full,there is,opposite the hotel, the fence alongside where the ambulance parking is.I myself normally put my bike here.Just as a footnote,St Andrews car park in the city has 24/7 secure bike parking which is free of charge.This,I realise is further from the ground,but thought i would make you aware of it.