Sign in to follow this  
Angry man

Wes to sign a new 2yr deal

Wes is apparently set to sign a 2yr deal to remain at a NCFC!!!!.

A good piece of work that by Adams( never thought I would say that!!)

Great news. Now ncfc''s longest serving player. Think there were a few times where that statistic would have been a surprise!

Wes at the top of a diamond or just in behind a front man is always a threat.

Hmm?

Are we no longer a sh.itty little club with sh.itty supporters then?

If this is true it is the best news of the summer so far. He will make a huge impact in the Championship ... again.

It is a feather in Adams'' cap and yet further proof of Hughton''s terrible impact on this club.

Interesting news, and my guess is, that since the Villa debacle there has been no decent offers and his Agent has suggested that for the time being at least he would not get a better deal elsewhere. That said, and regardless of my bitterness, he is an excellent squad member and will I am sure playing his part in our bounce back to the EPL.........then he can go.....

I am very happy about this! Wes is a good team player and he''s done great for us , at this level and in the PL too imo... Good job by Adams if you ask me...

Yes, it is great to hear that Wes looks like signing a new 2 year contract and with him so fully committed in the pre-season, it does feel like signing a new player, especially in the ACM role that we''ve been calling for. For those wondering about Adam''s ''man-management skills'', this seems to be a pretty good indicator.

Wes proved that he just wasn''t good enough for the Premier League, people used this as a stick to beat Hughton with that he didn''t play Wes enough (despite starting him more in his first season than Lambert did the previous) but statistics didn''t lie, didn''t score enough and hardly made any assists in 3 seasons.

Despite this, I am a massive Wes fan and he is an excellant addition for the upcoming championship season as it is his level, if we do go up though, it would be time to move him on.

[quote user="ellis206"]

Wes proved that he just wasn''t good enough for the Premier League, people used this as a stick to beat Hughton with that he didn''t play Wes enough (despite starting him more in his first season than Lambert did the previous) but statistics didn''t lie, didn''t score enough and hardly made any assists in 3 seasons.

Despite this, I am a massive Wes fan and he is an excellant addition for the upcoming championship season as it is his level, if we do go up though, it would be time to move him on.

[/quote]it is another indication of the ''healthier'' atmosphere around the club - with the days of petty bullying and resentment now behind usand also another slap in the face for the ragbag of closet binners and armchair illegal stream watchers who predicted a massive exodus of our ''top'' playersif those players had no faith in this ''radio commentator'' would they not be queueing up to jump ship ?

enjoy Wes here

Has always been the first name on the team sheet for me. Great news.

I do think it was a shit appointment yes, because I think we could have got someone that gives me peace of mind that we can go back up. With adams, because he''s never been a manager before, we don''t know what to expect. I see this as a disadvantage. We don''t know really anything about him, so on one hand he could be even better than any manager we''d likely be able to get, on the other he maybe bryan gunn No2. I don''t understand why the decision was made to make him our manager, especially when we are such an attractive prospect compared to most other teams in the championship, however the decision has been made and am looking forward to the season, I''m happy that so far we''ve managed to keep our players (except RVW and £8m for snodders-what a great deal that was) and i''m happy that we''ve signed Grabban especially. Hooper and Grabban in the same squad, yes please

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 05/08/2014 8:52 PM:

"I do think it was a * appointment yes"

I think it was an excellent appoinment. I feel confident that we have an excellent manager in place.

i will be the first to admit you were right if things go badly. But until they do I will remain positive my man! It''s the best way to be.

If things go badly I won''t be on here going ''look Jenkins I told you so.'' Because my point is that I don''t know and nor do you. You can feel positive because we have a good team, but to say he''s an excellent manager you cannot (well you can say he''s an excellent manager but at this point you''d be wrong, just like if I was to say ''he''s a terrible manager'' I would be wrong)

It''s good to be positive, I just think its abnormal to be so positive in certain situations, for example when Adams got the caretakers job for the 5 games. Now in all these games, perhaps excluding chelsea, the way he set up the team was atrocious, almost scandalous, it was clear he didn''t have a clue how to set up this team up against the big boys, yet you just seemed happy that we were taking part. That example is a from a situation which totally baffled me. The team set up wrong and were clearly going to lose by a margin and you told people that it''s fine, nothing to worry about. Its good to be positive, especially just before a season, thats natural, but in some situations personally I find it hard to be too positive.

i disagree, if he had been appointed earlier he would have kept us up.

What baffles me is how you were so positive about Hughton when he was clearly taking us down and reacted so very negatively when he was sacked.

Now that really is strange.

He should have either been sacked sooner, or sacked at the end of the season (bl00dy hell we''re going over old ground, which i take full responsibility of having brought up the five games) He should''ve only been sacked when he was if we had a replacement in the form of Jose Mourinho. Sacking him with 5 games to go was pure suicide.

Your argument of ''Adams would have kept us up if he was appointed earlier'' is pure speculation, maybe he would maybe he wouldn''t, in hindsight looking at his tactics in the premier league, it suggests that he wouldn''t and would''ve done worse. However this isn''t important to what we''re discussing. Hughton may (most say probably which is fair enough) have taken us down, but I think its pretty safe to say that he would''ve got more than a measly 1 point (while we''re on the subject). My negativity didn''t come from the fact that ''my beloved Hughton'' (as someone once said, despite me disliking him as a manager) was sacked, it was that he was sacked with 5 games to go in favour of having Adams take over, which proved to be a terrible decision, whichever way you swing it. Even if Hughton got 2 points and went down, he''d still have done better than Adams - thats how poor he was in the prem. I don''t think its strange to be negative when it looks like we''re going down, surely its strange to be positive when it looks like we''re going down? Don''t get me wrong, I wish I had been positive when we went down, but you can''t force it amongst yourself in a situation like that I don''t think, at least, not for me.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]He should have either been sacked sooner, or sacked at the end of the season (bl00dy hell we''re going over old ground, which i take full responsibility of having brought up the five games) He should''ve only been sacked when he was if we had a replacement in the form of Jose Mourinho. Sacking him with 5 games to go was pure suicide.

Your argument of ''Adams would have kept us up if he was appointed earlier'' is pure speculation, maybe he would maybe he wouldn''t, in hindsight looking at his tactics in the premier league, it suggests that he wouldn''t and would''ve done worse. However this isn''t important to what we''re discussing. Hughton may (most say probably which is fair enough) have taken us down, but I think its pretty safe to say that he would''ve got more than a measly 1 point (while we''re on the subject). My negativity didn''t come from the fact that ''my beloved Hughton'' (as someone once said, despite me disliking him as a manager) was sacked, it was that he was sacked with 5 games to go in favour of having Adams take over, which proved to be a terrible decision, whichever way you swing it. Even if Hughton got 2 points and went down, he''d still have done better than Adams - thats how poor he was in the prem. I don''t think its strange to be negative when it looks like we''re going down, surely its strange to be positive when it looks like we''re going down? Don''t get me wrong, I wish I had been positive when we went down, but you can''t force it amongst yourself in a situation like that I don''t think, at least, not for me.[/quote]In the reverse fixtures of those last five, when Hughton was manager, and with the advantage of three games at home and two away, we got no points and had a -11 goal difference. Under Adams, with only two at home, we got one point and had a -8 goal difference.

We needed all the positivity we could muster for those games Mrs.Miggins, if you fail to see that then I fear there is little point in discussing it further.

I was at carrow rd cheering like everyone else, but after each match with the mistakes he made, it''s hard to be positive.

Purple, your point about our poor results against the same teams earlier on in the season is a good one, but its about form, teams (especially lower half) are inconsistent, they win one game then lose the next. It''s rare that they win 5 games in a row, its rare that they lose 5 games in a row, especially under hughton, we never did a west ham and lose a large number of games in a row, though Adams tried his best (although I don''t blame him, he was thrown in the deep end)