Sign in to follow this  
stoke canary

Pilks,Chung-yong Lee swap...

Hmm? both have injury issues but I lean towards Pilks as we already know what he can do.

I think Pilks could have a massive season, he is proven in the Premier League and after playing under Hughton and being plagued by injury, he could bounce back to his best, if he does he will be outstanding in this division.

I see nothing special about Lee Chung Yong, I prefer a fully fit Pilkington. Of course I''m not the manager & I don''t make the decisions, but for me this would be a downgrade.

Chung Yong Lee doesn''t have injury issues. He did break his leg three seasons ago, but has since played 92 games in the last two. How long would it take Pilkington to play 92 games?

Sounds like a good idea to me - yes Pilks is/was decent on his day, but when can we honestly say his last decent performance for us was? I have been a big fan but I don''t recall many from last season and I have wondered whether injuries have taken their toll - but could be wrong. He is in his last year, so that may come into the thinking as well.

As for Lee, he has managed 40+ appearances in each of the last two seasons so is hardly comparable in sick-note terms with Pilks.

Look at it this way, Adams was a winger and we ought to be able to trust his judgement in this role if nothing else.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Sounds like a good idea to me - yes Pilks is/was decent on his day, but when can we honestly say his last decent performance for us was?  [/quote]

The 0-0 draw at home to Man City back in February.

Snodgrass was missing so Redmond went right and Pilks returned to the left.

He had a very decent game in what was one of our few good "team" performances last season. Got a bit of criticism for taking on a shot from a difficult angle towards the end but he''d worked the space and it wouldn''t have been beyond his ability to score from there.

Surely recent signs are that football styles are changing and pace is ever increasingly becoming a weapon of choice for teams.

I believe Pilkington was very much like Snodgrass in as much as he had very little pace and had trouble going past an opponent from distance.

Yes, he does have a bit of guile and can score but that is not enough for me.

Even if there is no deal involved, I don''t see Pilkington playing a major role in our season.

I have no idea what Mr Lee is like so can''t comment on his worth to us.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Not happening.
[/quote]

Phew!

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Not happening.[/quote]Forgive me if I''m missing something, but there''s no evidence there – it just says that we''re not looking to do the deal. No quotes, no attributions, nothing. You seem pretty sure, though, Pete?

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Not happening.
[/quote]
Forgive me if I''m missing something, but there''s no evidence there – it just says that we''re not looking to do the deal. No quotes, no attributions, nothing. You seem pretty sure, though, Pete?
[/quote]

Has there been anything substantial or anything to count as "evidence" to suggest the deal would be on?

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Not happening.[/quote]Forgive me if I''m missing something, but there''s no evidence there – it just says that we''re not looking to do the deal. No quotes, no attributions, nothing. You seem pretty sure, though, Pete?[/quote]

Has there been anything substantial or anything to count as "evidence" to suggest the deal would be on?

[/quote]No, but that''s not my point – the point is that the article doesn''t offer any reasons or quotes as to why Norwich aren''t keen on the deal. Pete says the deal is ''not happening'', but surely to post that comment as fact there must be some kind of knowledge attached to it, which is not mentioned in the article itself.

I figured that was your point. I just don''t think it particularly matters there''s no quote - they''ve obviously heard something.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Not happening.[/quote]Forgive me if I''m missing something, but there''s no evidence there – it just says that we''re not looking to do the deal. No quotes, no attributions, nothing. You seem pretty sure, though, Pete?[/quote]

[/quote]No, but that''s not my point – the point is that the article doesn''t offer any reasons or quotes as to why Norwich aren''t keen on the deal. Pete says the deal is ''not happening'', but surely to post that comment as fact there must be some kind of knowledge attached to it, which is not mentioned in the article itself.[/quote]It may be the result of an off-the-record briefing from the club that by definition then cannot be quoted. This is I assume what happened with the van Wolfswinkel loan deal. Following usual practice the club did not publicly disclose the details but the EDP got hold of them. It doesn''t take a genius to work out that the club leaked the information to the EDP because in this particular case it wanted fans to be impressed by the deal. But there was no quote from the club giving those details. They were simply stated as a fact by the EDP.

Exactly Purple,

I have a feeling that at the same time the shadowy figure was telling Paddy Davitt about the RvW deal (or the figures they wanted to tell about the deal), they were also saying there was no truth in the Chung-Yong Lee story.

It is very unlike the PinkUn to get such scoops, no offence to them, just Norwich run a tight media ship.

If Paddy says it isn''t happening with such confidence, then it isn''t happening.

Simon Thomas thinks he knows stuff, he said we were going to sign Jordan Rhodes in all honesty he does not know anything

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]Just a journo making things up again. Agree with Purple about the article.[/quote]I think you have misunderstood. That is not what I am saying.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]Just a journo making things up again. Agree with Purple about the article.[/quote]

Depends which journo you mean YS72.

I think the original story, which was in the Sunday People, was probably made up - or dud info from an agent etc.

I think Davitt''s article is based on information from the club and almost certainly the truth.

A huge chunk of these stories are made up, either by people stirring or bored journos or agents drumming up interest, ie a club reads the rumour and makes contact etc etc.

I read stuff from Newsnow a lot, it always makes me smile how many stories that have started on here turn in to a news story from some other source....and it''s not me!!

[quote user="chuggs"]Simon Thomas thinks he knows stuff, he said we were going to sign Jordan Rhodes in all honesty he does not know anything[/quote]

he was right about the Gary O''Neil transfer though