Sign in to follow this  
Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . .

Iwan says Norwich were wrong to get rid of RVW.

Agree we were wrong to get rid of RVW as I too thought he would come good this year, but we don''t know what conversations went on between club and player, probably never will??.

I have to say after support Norwich all my life I''m kinda waiting for the mass exodus , don''t want it but got that uneasy gut feeling!!.

Anyway looking forward to my trip to wolves Sunday!!.

OTBC

I wonder how many would rather see Ricky in that No9 shirt than Lafferty , i guess it would be very high . Ricky would be expensive to keep though and Adams never wanted him from day one so he had to go . We got to a level where we were begining to sign a bit of class but now its back to bog standard Championship dross .

What are all these fools talking about - the man is a walking disasterHe is our worst ever signing yet - he will come good ?Not at this levelGET REAL FOOLS Have you ever seen Wolf play in the flesh - an absolute joke of a footballer

Couldn''t agree more we might well struggle but that''s what you get appointing ex_players as manager like a spoilt child I will do things my way should have kept RVW

I think it is a mixture of things, rather than us ''getting rid'': he didn''t really want to stay (despite suggesting otherwise on twitter) and we probably didn''t really fancy him in this division - I certainly can''t see him coping with a 46+ game season against some more physical sides - and if people are being honest can they really see otherwise?

One thing not in doubt is that RvW ''managed'' the fans rather well...

what would be more beneficial to prepare for a potential season in the premier league though should Norwich be promoted?

a) a season spent on loan in France

b) a season in the Championship

I am definitely, for some unknown reason to myself, one of those who would have liked to see RVW stay.

God knows why after his pathetic first season. That said, I also have thought all along that a season loan away from the club (and the EPLwhere he just did not cut it) would be beneficial, so I really am not upset at all by his move, so disagree with the legend Iwan. Plus of course, it is never healthy to hang on to a player who wants out, regardless of the friendly tweets.

I do agree though with his comments about the club PR when RVW first arrived, and think they will have learnt a huge lesson from that over hyping of a player unproven at the level he was due to play, for me PR continues to be a bit of a weakness for our club.

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]I wonder how many would rather see Ricky in that No9 shirt than Lafferty , i guess it would be very high . Ricky would be expensive to keep though and Adams never wanted him from day one so he had to go . We got to a level where we were begining to sign a bit of class but now its back to bog standard Championship dross .[/quote]

Well, among you 1p5wich fans anyway...

Some of the guff spouted about Wolf and his potential to come good beggars belief. Those who think we have seen the departure of a football genius have either never seen the guy play or know nothing about football. One (on hindsight probably lucky) header, countless fluffed sitters infirm grannies could have buried, lightweight (that attribute would be handy in the a Championship wouldn''t it apologists), no pace, no awareness of where team mates are or are looking to move to. You will see more accomplished footballers at Eaton Park any given Sunday. Disasterous signing which went a long way to costing the club its Premiership status from the point of view that no goals means nailed on relegation.

He''s gone. Thank goodness. Move on.

Not if the man wanted out, as Adams suggests in his interview on the front page...well done Norwich, good business!

[quote user="Voice of Monkey Island"]Some of the guff spouted about Wolf and his potential to come good beggars belief. Those who think we have seen the departure of a football genius have either never seen the guy play or know nothing about football. One (on hindsight probably lucky) header, countless fluffed sitters infirm grannies could have buried, lightweight (that attribute would be handy in the a Championship wouldn''t it apologists), no pace, no awareness of where team mates are or are looking to move to. You will see more accomplished footballers at Eaton Park any given Sunday. Disasterous signing which went a long way to costing the club its Premiership status from the point of view that no goals means nailed on relegation.

He''s gone. Thank goodness. Move on.[/quote]

Despite willing him to succeed and trying to see the potential in his game for several months I''m afraid I come to the same conclusion!

How people think he''d cope in a gruelling 46 game season in a very physical and fast paced Championship league is beyond me!

A lot of things can be said about his time here, but I can''t believe anyone would say his header against Everton was lucky.

I guess it''s because he didnt score one after it, had he replicated it a few times, then I think some could say it wasnt lucky, maybe.

I understand Iwans view, but I got the impression RVW didn''t want a bit part. You want to play - deliver!

He didn''t have to leave, and I hoped he''d stay, deliver, and earn his place every week. It''s what I expect from all our players - no guaranteed starters.

[quote user="Voice of Monkey Island"]I''m glad we''re not paying top dollar week after week for a passenger[/quote]Bassong - Becchio - Bunn and possibly still Hughton