Sign in to follow this  
Angry man

RVW leaves with class!!

Suggest if you can you have a quick look at RVW tweets after signing for St Etienne .

Whatever you might think of him his comments are I think heart felt!!.

Pity Snodgrass couldn''t leave with as much class !!!!.

Good luck to the lad, shame it didn''t work out for him here in his first season.Personally I think he will come good and if we had stayed up we would have given him a second season.Heres a similar tale of failure.............Spurs payed Southampton a then record £10 million for Bale and he was pants for nearly 3 seasons. Played out of position, not utilised correctly and also suffered a lot of niggling injuries. An odd fact is that Spurs did not win any of the first 26 games that Bale played for them, he was a real Jonah and got loads of stick from supporters and the press.They stuck by him and he turned out ok.________________________________________________________________________________________Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Dobson, Dewhurst, Crapper, McIntyre, Treadmore and Davitt. "Neville Davitt scored two in`t last minute and Frank Haggerty saved a penalty."

I agree I have a feeling he will go on to prove a lot of us right and wrong!!!, but there you go that''s the beauty of football!!.

I did tweet him to wish him luck and that most genuine city fans felt the same way!!.

Anyway onwards and upwards Wolves on Subday

[quote user="Angry man"]Suggest if you can you have a quick look at RVW tweets after signing for St Etienne .

Whatever you might think of him his comments are I think heart felt!!.

Pity Snodgrass couldn''t leave with as much class !!!!.[/quote]
Snoddy left a very long and heartfelt message to Norwich fans on twitter too. Why have a dig at him?

The guy IS class - such a shame it got like this.

I think it''s best he gets a fresh start; how does the option to buy work? Do the French club have automatic first option to secure him by paying the pre-arranged £6m fee for this deal? Does that mean we only get him back if he''s less-than-successful in their opinion? If he has a 30-goal season in France and Norwich return to the Premiership is there any way we can retain him?

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

The guy IS class - such a shame it got like this.

I think it''s best he gets a fresh start; how does the option to buy work? Do the French club have automatic first option to secure him by paying the pre-arranged £6m fee for this deal? Does that mean we only get him back if he''s less-than-successful in their opinion? If he has a 30-goal season in France and Norwich return to the Premiership is there any way we can retain him?

[/quote]Id guess so, I think RVW''s dream is still to play in the Premier League, Id guess he would have to agree to stay over there and if he had a good season I''m sure he''d want to return to City (or another Premier League club), in fact im not even too sure he wants to go now. Genuinely abit gutted about this, always knew it would come, but as the days passed over the weekend hoped the deal was falling through. I''ll be watching more Saint Etienne games than I thought! Anyone know much about them? Is he likely to be first choice?

Look at the messages RVW left us with and then look at some of the replies he has received from so called fans.

Some people really are just horrible little turds

Not saying RVW isn''t a decent guy but he could be back here in a year.

Smart move not to burn the bridges.

@crafty canary

Thanks for all the support during a tuff season! I wish nothing but the best to all that''s yellow!!! Let''s get back to the prem ASAP

I won''t say goodbye.

To all the @NorwichCityFC fans.

See you...

It has been a tuff year and we all agreed that it was best to go out on loan for a season long.

I''m happy to arrived @ASSEofficiel

That doesn''t mean I won''t miss @NorwichCityFC and the people that made us feel like home

https://twitter.com/RvWolfswinkel9

[quote user="GJP"]

Not saying RVW isn''t a decent guy but he could be back here in a year.

Smart move not to burn the bridges.

[/quote]

that will only happen if he has another woeful season... by then would we even want him here?

If he had 20+ goals to his name he wouldn''t be getting loaned out you numpty.

The one thing I''m glad about is that we never paid the £17 mil they wanted for him in the summer, Someone would have a lot of egg left on the chin right now. I don''t blame rvw, it''s Hughton who destroyed any ability He had to make it in English football just hope Hoots never gets another job in football again, the only thing he did was to equal Roeder''s record of destroying 25 players

I don''t like the conditions with this deal, he goes on loan for a season, If he turns it around and scores loads of goals, they get to sign him. If he continues, as last season, they give him back to us.

Shame he didn''t arrive with class. Awful player who is going to continue his career in a Mickey Mouse league. Why agree to the move when he could have tried to change peoples opinions by playing and hopefully finding form in the Championship. It is still one of the best leagues in the world with some good teams. Threw the towel in unless he was pushed by the club.

He seems like a genuinely nice guy. I agree he had a shocking season last year but even with the abuse he got on twitter from a few mindless fucktards he kept positive and never said a bad word against the fans or the club.

IMO it was wrong not to keep him here whilst at the same time spending money on two new forwards. I really thought that a new manager, team and playing style would be a good opportunity for him. Loaning him out is a total waste of the 8m we paid for him. It would be much better getting rid of wasters like Bassong.

Playing championship football rather than in the French league would have been a much better chance for RvW to learn and understand the English game. I don''t think we''ll see him playing at a Premiership football again. I wish him well and wouldn''t be surprised if he makes it with a top team some day.

swindoncanary wrote the following post at 07/08/2014 9:29 AM:

"I don''t like the conditions with this deal, he goes on loan for a season, If he turns it around and scores loads of goals, they get to sign him. If he continues, as last season, they give him back to us."

If he scores loads of goals (anything above 15 is good in Ligue 1) then they have the option to buy with us getting nearly all our money back. We also have a 20% sell on clause. The best we can hope for is for him to notch a couple of dozen goals for the next two seasons and then for him to be sold for BIG money.

[quote user="Brightside"] . It would be much better getting rid of wasters like Bassong.  [/quote]

Who played better for Norwich last season, Bassong or RVW?

I''ll answer it for you....

Bassong. Bassong by an absolute country mile.

What Bassong maybe isn''t so great at is saying the right thing to the media and covering his Twitter in messages of how wonderful everything Norwich related is.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Brightside"] . It would be much better getting rid of wasters like Bassong.  [/quote]

Who played better for Norwich last season, .

[/quote]

And what happened to us last season? Last season is not a great platform to judge a player on? As Captain perhaps Bassong should have shown the love a bit rather than posting pictures of himself titting around with a capgun in his back garden.

Iif he has a successful season in France, how easy will it be for us to keep him should we be promoted?

Also is there an option to have him back half season in January should we need him/he does well or is that not an option?

[quote user="Brightside"][quote user="GJP"]

Who played better for Norwich last season, .

[/quote] And what happened to us last season? Last season is not a great platform to judge a player on? As Captain perhaps Bassong should have shown the love a bit rather than posting pictures of himself titting around with a capgun in his back garden.[/quote]

We got relegated.

Bassong just shouldn''t have been captain. I said last summer he didn''t strike me like the type but many saw him as the obvious choice.

It''s not his fault he was appointed captain. It shouldn''t be used as a stick to beat him with. Yet it is.

We''d have been relegated if Russell Martin was captain. It''s just that he''d have said the "right" thing to the public more often.

Maybe you could argue that a bad season is a better way to judge a player - you see who steps up when the going gets tough. Maybe Bassong was one who didn''t but he certainly wouldn''t be alone in that. Some players should count themselves a little lucky that scapegoats have been made of others.