Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Adams Radio Norfolk days

There was never in my doubt in my mind that Adams has a very sound tactical brain.

On occasions I listen to him on radio Norfolk while watching the game, and found his comments on what was going on, that perhaps we would not even notice, was outstanding. He always seemed to me to be one step ahead when suggesting certain changes should be made.

He is very much a Norwich man, in a similar way to Mike Walker and Dave Stringer. I for one would love him to be as successful as those two.

Furthermore his big fallout with Roeder, proves he is a decent judge of character!!

Some of course as always will be anti from the start, but he is our manager so lets get behind him and the team, so he can be given a fair chance to show us if he has got what it takes.

I don''t think there is any doubt (without a doubt as Neil ofter says) that most will be fully behind Adams.

It''s the fudging by our board in January that for me is totally inexcusable.

If Adams does fail then it will be the board that is culpable and mainly the owners who had the final say about keeping useless Hughton and his clowns!

[quote user="Bradwell canary"]There was never in my doubt in my mind that Adams has a very sound tactical brain. On occasions I listen to him on radio Norfolk while watching the game, and found his comments on what was going on, that perhaps we would not even notice, was outstanding. He always seemed to me to be one step ahead when suggesting certain changes should be made. He is very much a Norwich man, in a similar way to Mike Walker and Dave Stringer. I for one would love him to be as successful as those two. Furthermore his big fallout with Roeder, proves he is a decent judge of character!! Some of course as always will be anti from the start, but he is our manager so lets get behind him and the team, so he can be given a fair chance to show us if he has got what it takes.[/quote]

In what way was Mike Walker a ''Norwich man''?

Bury Yellow wrote the following post at 08/08/2014 2:16 PM:If Adams does fail then it will be the board that is culpable and mainly the owners who had the final say about keeping useless Hughton and his clowns!

--------------------------------------------------

How? Adams has managed to keep all of his best players, we have the best squad in the league, there''s no excuses-you can''t blame the board or hughton if we don''t go up this season, you can blame the board and hughton for us being in this league now, but if we don''t go up this season then Adams will be partly responsible for that as he''s the manager, he doesn''t get off scot free...thats double standards

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Bury Yellow wrote the following post at 08/08/2014 2:16 PM:If Adams does fail then it will be the board that is culpable and mainly the owners who had the final say about keeping useless Hughton and his clowns!

--------------------------------------------------

How? Adams has managed to keep all of his best players, we have the best squad in the league, there''s no excuses-you can''t blame the board or hughton if we don''t go up this season, you can blame the board and hughton for us being in this league now, but if we don''t go up this season then Adams will be partly responsible for that as he''s the manager, he doesn''t get off scot free...thats double standards[/quote]You yourself are applying double standards though.Before you were saying you didn''t think Adams had enough credentials for the board to appoint him as manager and that they should have gotten a better manager in.If you are right, and Adams isn''t good enough - by your logic, the board are more to blame for not appointing a more experienced manager.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]I don''t think there is any doubt (without a doubt as Neil ofter says) that most will be fully behind Adams.

It''s the fudging by our board in January that for me is totally inexcusable.

If Adams does fail then it will be the board that is culpable and mainly the owners who had the final say about keeping useless Hughton
and his clowns![/quote]The directors didn''t fudge in January. They decided to stick with Hughton because they thought he would keep us up and hadn''t seen any available managers they believed would do better (and the paucity of viable names thrown up on this message-board then and since suggests they were right to be sceptical of the alternatives). You may think it was the wrong decision but it wasn''t a fudge. Your second point makes no sense. As mrs miggins has said, keeping Hughton on until nearly the end of last season has no bearing on how Adams fares now.

Can I just pick you up on something (otherwise I''ll get Brienne come along to join the party) I didn''t say ''better'' because that means that i''m judging Adams'' ability, what I said was that I would have liked someone with more experience.

This is key because I don''t know whether Adams is the right man for the job, he may be, he may not. Like you said, I had hoped for a man with more experience than adams. If it doesn''t work out for Adams, (like I said in the post) he will be partly to blame as he is the manager and at the forefront of decision making, but just like with any decision made by the board (just like with the Hughton appointment, just like the Adams as caretaker appointment) they will also be criticised for not getting the right person to get us up. I don''t think its double standards (if it is could you tell me how coz i''m either not seeing it through being thick, or its not in the first place).