Sign in to follow this  
canarycop

Adams - One are we need to strengthen

This will be the one area we have needed to strengthen for almost two seasons now will it ?

I am amazed we haven''t brought a new CH and RB into the squad before the seasons kick off.

Let''s hope it doesn''t come back to bite us on Sunday !!!

Think that''s a given. Anyway enough about RVW.

Who would you want to see here at CB and RB.

I''ll kick it off with Steven Taylor from the TOON and Charlie Mulgrew from Celtic.

Just two random names to kick it off

Suggestions ???

Of those, I''d probably go for Steven Taylor or Charlie Mulgrew. Mulgrew is a left-sided CB who can also play LB or midfield. Taylor is right-sided, but has the advantaage of being able to play RB as well.

Don''t set your sights so high people, it will be something like Southend Right Back and Bristol Rovers Centre Back.

That means we can save more money.

If we were to bring in a starter at centre half then surely it has to be the captain rather than Turner to lose his place , therefore having given Martin the armband and the 5 shirt i would expect any signing to be of cover quality only . Martin is already keeping a better centre back in Bennett out of the side.

he won''t be after a rb we are strong enough in that position, but I do expect a prem loan at cb in the next couple of weeks.

We are only strong enough at rb if Martn is not played at cb

It will be interesting to see who they sign, is it on or two players (2 min needed for me, assuming seb is not an option) and which slots. My preference is 2 cbs and in an ideal world a rb better than both Russ and whits

Don''t forget the intriguing option of EBen at right back. Adams has tried him there pre season and I have a suspicion it might be his preferred fall back option. I think he could quite easily be a Kyle Naughton type with his pace and trickery, and he has a tackle on him.

simmo_2"--Don''t set your sights so high people, it will be something like Southend Right Back and Bristol Rovers Centre Back.

That means we can save more money

so doing things the Lambert way is wrong as well now ??

I think Simmo wants us to spend all our money on expensive players because it worked so well last time.

I am gonna throw another name into the hat. Before I do though I am basing this on the fact that in reality we haven''t spent any money after the Snoddy and RVW moves even with the three coming in and we have money to spend on a top class Premier League defender who doesn''t appear to be wanted by his club who won''t sell to another Premier League team

MICAH RICHARDS.......Come on down and reignite your career

Just a thought !!!!!!!

Waiting for the laughs !!!