Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Are we up for it?

The ''football'' played tonight between Blackburn and Cardiff was tough with some hard challenges flying in.

Norwich don''t seem to play like that, I''m hoping that we''re up for it this season because if tonight''s game is anything to go by we could be in trouble if we don''t

To be honest, I thought it was a very, very poor game in terms of actual football played, but I guess "big" matches (especially season openers) often are. You would hope we are up for it - the players will want to be getting their Prem pay packets back as soon as possible which is usually good motivation!

I think we will cope okay with physical football - we have players like Johnson, Bennett and Turner who have that combative, aggressive edge to their game, and Martin also likes to get stuck in. If Fer stays then he is another presence in midfield.

It will be interesting to see what Adams does in midfield when we come up against the more physical teams, because Surman/Redmond/Hoolahan aren''t exactly known for their physicality. We will miss Snodgrass more in that respect IMO.

Norwich will certainly come up against teams with 11 cloggers, with a game plan not to give a yellow shirt a second on the ball

Hopefully Lafferty can weigh in with Johnson, Bennet, Martin and Turner, when the physical heat gets turned up, allowing our quality players space, to turn the remaining 6 Neanderthals inside-out