Sign in to follow this  
YellowNets1901

Tom Adeyemi signs for Cardiff

Forget Birmingham, I''m gutted! Why did we release this lad, sooo short sighted.

I said at the time it was a stupid decision to let him go! If our last "manager" didn''t fancy him then keep loaning him out!

Everybody could see his potential, Solsjkaer even said he''s been tracking him a while. One of very few examples of our post 2009 board pulling a major Homer!

Wasnt his departure to Brum part of the deal for Nathan Redmond ? not official but thought there were rumours that it helped things along.

All the reports have him down as a 1m signing for Birmingham

the lad was at the end of his contract and he did have a choice in this sit on the bench if he was lucky and the odd under 21''s game or play 1st team football

but lets turn this into a yet another stick to beat the club with

Not wanting to beat anyone with anything, except beat the rest of the championship with slick attacking football. all deals are wheels within wheels.....thats not a criticism, just the way i see it. good luck to Tom , i hope he comes back to us someday, improved with experience.

They could''ve done with him today, they were toothless in midfield. Hopefully when we play on sunday the diamond we''re likely to play will serve us well.

Who could have done with him? Cardiff?

He came on second half and didn''t seem to change a great deal. To be fair to Cardiff, Blackburn looked quite strong.

your right it didn''t change a great deal, but I thought their midfield looked as if they didn''t want the ball and therefore the defence seemed to hoof it more times than they actually needed to. Although this is obviously how they are gonna play because they''ve got big K. Jones up there, the midfield didn''t really help the defence when in possession, well I didn''t think so anyway

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 08/08/2014 10:42 PM:

They could''ve done with him today, they were toothless in midfield. Hopefully when we play on sunday the diamond we''re likely to play will serve us well.

Oh dear, you clearly watched the game?

Prepare for another Miggins U turn.

No, you''re right. I thought they were poor actually. Didn''t seem to have many ideas other than lumping it to Kenwyne.

Played nearly half the match didn''t he Miggins? Actually didn''t have much of an impact when he came on at all, but early days.

Adeyemi''s situation at Norwich was similar to Chris Martin in that the club had at that time progressed too fast for them and moving was the best way to further their respective careers!

Would Adeyemi make our squad stronger now?

Maybe if we replaced O Neil with him?

We must remember we had Dion Dublin at the club in the late 80''s as a reserve player but we released him cause we had too many players and this was when we were one of the best in the land at bringing through young players!

The whole history of clubs is littered with ifs and buts and being in the right place at the right time!

Like another poster says, it shouldn''t be used as a stick to hit the club with and I expect we got a bit of money for him!

Unfortunately we can''t hang on to all our young players and while Toms'' career has progressed steadily there has been no sudden upsurge in form that would suggest we made a big mistake letting him go.

Having said that I really do think that he will continue to develop and improve and hopefully one day we will see him back in yellow and green.

Bl00dy Hell, i''ve opened a can of worms on this thread :/

The best question:

I.S. wrote the following post at 09/08/2014 8:49 AM:

Played nearly half the match didn''t he Miggins? Actually didn''t have much of an impact when he came on at all, but early days.

--------------------------------------------------------

No he didn''t have much impact unfortunately for him, Blackburn got their goal and really pushed them back and thought they deserved to win in that second half. I would have liked to have seen adeyemi (just to see how he''s getting on as a player because he looked quite good on the very rare occasion that I saw him play) in the first half though because they just kept hoofing it with the midfield not even trying to look for the ball. In reflection, perhaps thats how they''ve been told to play and thats all they''ve been working on; long balls. They have Jones and he was their best attacking threat yesterday but I wonder if they have a plan B in this long season? (perhaps too much to tell from 1 game). Before blackburn got the goal and were running the show, Cardiff didn''t try to get the ball and play it through midfield, perhaps they''ve been told to not come and collect the ball, but support Jones when they hoof it long, if they need to vary it and the two midfielders, like they were yesterday, not coming to collect the ball, adeyemi is young and doesn''t shy away from it, much like our youngsters. I thought Whittingham was poor, deliveries and when in possession for someone of his ability. I can see why OGS put Adeyemi on early in the second half because it was more of the same when Cardiff were in possession; long ball hoping it would stick. Unfotunately for Cardiff, Blackburn should have won it in that second half as Cardiffs long balls didn''t work and Blackburn''s push for an equaliser and winner as the home team meant Cardiff couldn''t get back a foothold in the game, I think they should''ve started with him, however it won''t matter too much I suppose if their plan is to miss the midfield totally and play much more direct, however if their original plan was to play a mixture of passes like they should''ve done throughout the game (as long balls can be easily dealt with if the defenders keep expecting it), then the midfield that they started with won''t cut the mustard if they want to win the championship as they just don''t look like they want to receive the ball from deep and dictate the game. However, it''s early days as I.S said. Anyway thats how I saw the game yesterday; Cardiff only really trying to play long balls and was their biggest threat with Jones up top, not really trying to dictate play (hence why Blackburn had so much possession) and Blackburn storming it searching for the equaliser and winner. How do people think the boy will do this season?

Miggins " no he didn''t have much of an impact"..............so much so that despite my expert appraisal I hadn''t noticed he was playing at all.

No nor did I when he came on, I think he could''ve affected the way in which Cardiff were playing in that first half though (instead of the predictable long balls) but he was ineffective in that second half when Blackburn were all over them, especially when they were looking for that winner.