Sign in to follow this  
AidanC

How important is this first game?

There is many things weighing on this first game, but one that sticks out for me is.. Leroy Fer if he sees a glimpse of what the season could be like he might stay depending on the outcome

We haven''t won our first game in 11 years, I don''t think its that important tbh. Every time we''ve been hammered on the first game, we seem to have a really good season....sooo fingers crossed?

[quote user="AidanC"]There is many things weighing on this first game, but one that sticks out for me is.. Leroy Fer if he sees a glimpse of what the season could be like he might stay depending on the outcome[/quote]outcome ?I can''t imagine the result will make a jot of difference either wayeither a decent offer will be made or notthat offer meets a release clause or notand that''s about it

"I can''t imagine the result will make a jot of difference either way"

A 1-7 scoreline can make a difference. That would be interesting

[quote user="Kurious Oranj"]"I can''t imagine the result will make a jot of difference either way"

A 1-7 scoreline can make a difference. That would be interesting[/quote]if you read my post again you will see I was refering to Fer, as was the OP

For players coming or going not a jot, but as a marker and confidence builder its huge.

Seeing as we have not won on openning weekend since 2002, I think we''re due a win.

Playing a Wolves side who in recent times we have done well against and a team just up from the third tier, we won''t get a better chance than this year.

It shouldn''t be very important but I guess it may be significant.

Adams and Co are under pressure from many of their own supporters for some strange reason. Many are blaming him for what has happened to us whereas the truth is he has been the only success at the club for 3 seasons.

And the game is live on Sky and so many, including the sole called footballing experts, will be watching and waiting for us to fail.

So although the result won''t mean anything points wise, I feel Adams will want to start off by showing his ability, belief and tactical nous from the off and getting the doubters onside.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]It shouldn''t be very important but I guess it may be significant.

Adams and Co are under pressure from many of their own supporters for some strange reason. Many are blaming him for what has happened to us whereas the truth is he has been the only success at the club for 3 seasons.

And the game is live on Sky and so many, including the sole called footballing experts, will be watching and waiting for us to fail.

So although the result won''t mean anything points wise, I feel Adams will want to start off by showing his ability, belief and tactical nous from the off and getting the doubters onside.[/quote] eh ?

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="keelansgrandad"]It shouldn''t be very important but I guess it may be significant.

So although the result won''t mean anything points wise, I feel Adams will want to start off by showing his ability, belief and tactical nous from the off and getting the doubters onside.[/quote] eh ?[/quote]

Meaning even if we lose, we will only be three behind at worst!

And therefore meaning, at this stage, the performance means more to some of us but the points will mean more to some than the performance.

ALL games are important... at the end of the season when we talk about the "ifs buts and maybes" it could be a case of "if only we hadn''t thrown away that 2 goal lead on the opening day... we''d have finished 6th...."your fate is decided over all of the 46 games.... not the last 3 or 4.