Sign in to follow this  
Angry man

RVW is off to France then???

Sorry about typos, using a tablet and I hate tying on tablets, think its why I lurk on pink''un now more than posting asi hate typing long paragraphs on these things.

[quote user="Loopzilla"]That''s fine.

Let''s hope then that the mods remain impartial, provide everyone with equal treatment and that the new site isn''t held back by any perceived favouritism!

Which I''m sure they will due to lessons learnt from this board![/quote]It has been remarkably easy so far, I have only had to deal with one person. The fact that people know there is moderation there makes them far less likely to "play up"And of course I will be impartial.

[quote user="Jenkins"]LDC banned for offering a differing point of view, oh dear.

The lunatics really have taken over the asylum.[/quote]And frankly with that post, you epitomise the joke that this forum has become.

I haven''t gone through 6 pages, so apologies if this has already been posted,but how is the ball in Ricky''s court, surely the manager and club have more of a say in this decision than the player himself does..........

[quote user="Proper Charlie"]I haven''t gone through 6 pages, so apologies if this has already been posted,but how is the ball in Ricky''s court, surely the manager and club have more of a say in this decision than the player himself does..........[/quote]If he decides he doesn''t want to sign there on loan, he remains at Norwich, he is a contracted player.Now if Neil has told him he doesn''t have a future here, then fair enough, but thats not how I am reading the situation.

NA says in the press that its up to RVW, the offer is there from St Etienne if he wants to take it, if not then he would be happy for him to stay with NCFC and be part of the squad.This statement and situation could be dissected and analyzed with countless theories, plots and sub plots read into it, Im not even going to try.

Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Dobson, Dewhurst, Crapper, McIntyre, Treadmore and Davitt. "Neville Davitt scored two in`t last minute and Frank Haggerty saved a penalty."

Absolutely bemused by the decision to let Ricky go out on loan, don''t see the benefit for us, especially if the rumoured £4.5m signing fee at any point is true.

Now i have doubted Ricky before but the guy obviously has some pedigree, you don''t lose your abilities in one season. We have to remember he was playing as a striker for Hughton, that man has destroyed every striker he has worked with at Norwich.

By letting Ricky go we have 3 strikers on our books, assuming Becchio is off, we save at most £1.5 this season in his wages but have to find a suitable replacement. We have all seen the crazy prices being touted for Championship strikers this season, we would be much better off keeping Ricky and hoping he can score 20+ goals this season which will see us be able to recoup his full price or have him in our team if we get promoted.

Sending him out on loan with just his wages being covered is one of the craziest things i have seen this transfer window, there just is no point, especially since a transfer fee has already been agreed. There is literally no benefit to us whatsoever.

Does anyone really think it makes sense to save £1.5M at the cost of having Ricky assist with gaining promotion from this league.

I have to say i am starting to feel like the board has duped us a little bit. The money from the sale of Snodgrass is obviously not going back into the playing squad.

If we need to trim costs the club should admit it and why not start with players who aren''t willing to play for us next season, such as Bassong.

Honestly so baffled by this whole situation. I don''t have a problem with the appointment of Adams but it seems as if we are seeing his inexperience in full flow right now as he lets the board/McNally walk all over him.

From what I can see RvW wanted to stay, NA doesn''t particularly want him or doesn''t want to build around him. Not your typical powerful or pacey forward. Would you rather keep him as an option/uncertain starter in the formation/system we are trying to play or get him out on loan and get him off the wages and give the chance to someone else (presumably he was wanting to try that with Callum Wilson). I guess RvW would be a nicer luxury to have in the Prem..I hope he does well in France and we get promoted and it''s all ends up in a beautiful romantic Classic Disney-style ending..

[quote user="Proper Charlie"]I haven''t gone through 6 pages, so apologies if this has already been posted,but how is the ball in Ricky''s court, surely the manager and club have more of a say in this decision than the player himself does..........[/quote]

Charlie it''s quite clear the board and Adams are trying to avoid being held liable for this one. Extremely weak and worrying.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Bad idea in my book. I''d have kept him if there is nobody that was going to pay a decent fee to take him permanently.

I can''t see that we''ll use the money saved particularly wisely but if we do then fair enough. I guess that leaves Grabbs, Hoops, Laffs and Beccs as the 4 senior strikers (still should be enough) and then the youth on top of that.

I just don''t see a loan deal as particularly useful for us really. I wanted to see him in a couple of league games before August was up and then decide. RvW seemed up for staying and fighting too. I reckon he''ll be on £30k a week still, so it''ll save us a million over the season. It''s hardly worth it in my book.[/quote]

Could not of put it better myself. At least recoup some cash for him. If not I would rather becchio go and keep hold of rvw , that''s away of freeing up some money !!

If this £4.5m is set in stone then I hope it does not come back to bite the Board on the bum. Imagine he ends up the leading goalscorer in Ligue 1, is eyed by several BIG clubs and we end up letting him go for a pittance.

At St. Etienne press conference confirmed that having medical and that just down to agreeing a deal with Norwich.

On club twitter account already talking about printing Ricky on his shirt.

Sounds like a done deal - pity, had hoped he would stay to prove he can do it in English football - if he has left, that''s probably it for Ricky and the Premier League

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]If this £4.5m is set in stone then I hope it does not come back to bite the Board on the bum. Imagine he ends up the leading goalscorer in Ligue 1, is eyed by several BIG clubs and we end up letting him go for a pittance.[/quote]

If 4.5m is set in stone, and St.Etienne pay his full wages for the loan, it should be around 6.5mill total for the deal incl wages.

Meaning we take a solid hit on RvW.

Surely, for the deal to go through after the loan, both clubs must agree on the move then? It can´t be prearranged, only the cost is prearranged.

If NCFC decide to sell him to another club after the loan, I guess this will be possible, but St.Etienne surely got some sort of first option to buy him, for the pre-agreed sum.

However, if someone else comes in with a bigger offer, then surely the option for St.Etienne to buy him can not be valid?

If someone got some knowledge of how these loan deals with a view to buy works, please enlighten me/us.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]If this £4.5m is set in stone then I hope it does not come back to bite the Board on the bum. Imagine he ends up the leading goalscorer in Ligue 1, is eyed by several BIG clubs and we end up letting him go for a pittance.[/quote]

He won''t, he''s cr@p, and should become a hairdresser

Nobody wants him at ncfc. Adams has just about proved that

Thanks for that 8.5 million pound goal, don''t come back in a hurry Ricky

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]If this £4.5m is set in stone then I hope it does not come back to bite the Board on the bum. Imagine he ends up the leading goalscorer in Ligue 1, is eyed by several BIG clubs and we end up letting him go for a pittance.[/quote]apart from PSG find a decent French side?he''s  moved to the European equiavlent of the SPL....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]If this £4.5m is set in stone then I hope it does not come back to bite the Board on the bum. Imagine he ends up the leading goalscorer in Ligue 1, is eyed by several BIG clubs and we end up letting him go for a pittance.[/quote]apart from PSG find a decent French side?he''s  moved to the European equiavlent of the SPL....

[/quote]shall we start with Monaco?

Or imagine he stays with us, scores 3/4 goals next season and gets injured again and never really finds a consistent level of form with us. I am guessing he is on a considerable salary of 25/30k a week, so 1.5m-ish a season. No only is that a lot of money to write off, but it is likely to prevent us bringing in the players we want salary wise.

Either way, it is a risk. To my mind, if we can get promotion this season it is irrelevant what RvW does in France. In fact, I hope he does well for himself next season as he has always been professional in his time here.

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]If this £4.5m is set in stone then I hope it does not come back to bite the Board on the bum. Imagine he ends up the leading goalscorer in Ligue 1, is eyed by several BIG clubs and we end up letting him go for a pittance.[/quote]apart from PSG find a decent French side?he''s  moved to the European equiavlent of the SPL....

[/quote]shall we start with Monaco?[/quote]sell Falcao and they''ll go down quicker than a whore on speed.

[quote user="Richard Holmes"]At St. Etienne press conference confirmed that having medical and that just down to agreeing a deal with Norwich.

On club twitter account already talking about printing Ricky on his shirt.

Sounds like a done deal - pity, had hoped he would stay to prove he can do it in English football - if he has left, that''s probably it for Ricky and the Premier League[/quote]

just as it was for Ruddy and Surman

you obviously don''t know much about french football so you are forgiven... i''m afraid not many of those french sides would lose to the mighty canaries...i agree the league is pretty poor, but Monaco is building some strong team with massive amounts of money.La Ligue 1 is a brilliant reservoir of great players to be. in Saint Etienne, for instance, we just sold Zouma to Chelsea and mark my word they won''t regret it. With that money we might even be able to buy RvW if he finds his confidence back and help us -for free- this season... remember what he was before he joined Norwich. I think Hughton, lack of confidence and lack of luck and fighting spirit can be blamed before his football qualities as such. Hopefully that works for us.How much is the buying option si the big question I was hoping you would know around here (we hear it might be around 4 million pounds in Saint Etienne, but nothing confirmed yet)

"[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"] and no the £65m isnt plucked

out of the air...as I said earlier its the "supposed amount" spread over

3 years..................but of course you wont believe any of that and

will know a lot better??[/quote]"then you do not know football (ha !)these loans come with a hefty feeI am not certain of what percentage of RVW''s wages you will be paying but it will be a higher percentage as were Norwich offering a loan on a low wage percentage he would have been off to a much bigger clubas to the buying option therein lies the moot pointwould St Etienne take him on for a year and see him recover his ability for Norwich to then say his fee is now £12m as others want him ?would Norwich agree a low fee now and then see the above happen ?I should imagine that something in between has been agreed, based on a let''s both wait and seeotherwiseallez les verts !

[quote user="City1st"]"[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"] and no the £65m isnt plucked

out of the air...as I said earlier its the "supposed amount" spread over

3 years..................but of course you wont believe any of that and

will know a lot better??[/quote]"then you do not know football (ha !)these loans come with a hefty feeI am not certain of what percentage of RVW''s wages you will be paying but it will be a higher percentage as were Norwich offering a loan on a low wage percentage he would have been off to a much bigger clubas to the buying option therein lies the moot pointwould St Etienne take him on for a year and see him recover his ability for Norwich to then say his fee is now £12m as others want him ?would Norwich agree a low fee now and then see the above happen ?I should imagine that something in between has been agreed, based on a let''s both wait and seeotherwiseallez les verts !

[/quote]what is RvW salary in Norwich? could you say?and as I said in another post, there is no way our stingy managers pay a"hefty" fee for a loan (we won''t even buy players for more than 2millions euros, said one of our 2 presidents...yes, we are the only french club with 2 presidents... and that doesn''t work well, of course)allez les verts!

grefstad wrote the following post at 02/08/2014 4:55 PM:

"If 4.5m is set in stone, and St.Etienne pay his full wages for the loan, it should be around 6.5mill total for the deal incl wages. "

But they are paying his wages and getting something in return (hopefully goals in their case).

What are we getting out of it?

Especially if he goes for half of what we paid for him.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]If this £4.5m is set in stone then I hope it does not come back to bite the Board on the bum. Imagine he ends up the leading goalscorer in Ligue 1, is eyed by several BIG clubs and we end up letting him go for a pittance.[/quote]apart from PSG find a decent French side?he''s  moved to the European equiavlent of the SPL....

[/quote]

Haha and so it starts. He hasn''t even gone there yet and already people are making excuses if he scores regularly there.

I suppose if he starts banging them in for Saint Etienne in the Europa League, it''ll be because it''s rubbish compared to the Champions League?