Sign in to follow this  
Angry man

RVW is off to France then???

Pink un home page states that Ricky is off to St etienne on loan for the season??.

I know he has split the opinions on here , but I for one am disappointed in Adams for allowing this(if it happens).

If as Adams keeps harping on about we are going to play "Attacking Football", then it makes sense to keep and play RVW as with a couple of goals we would see the best of him I''m sure.

Not sure I can say that about our other forwards???.

I guess that''s why Adams our manager and I''m not lol!!.

I put this elsewhere, but it seems more relevant here - IMO I can see both sides of the keep/loan debate, but certainly we gain little from selling him right now.

Despite twitter comments to the contrary, it might well not be our choice whether he stays - his agent certainly thinks he wants to be at a higher level. If he is to go, it is by far the best idea to loan him: it gets (most if not all) his wages off the bill, whilst hopefully letting him recover form - so we either get a fit and firing guy back (hopefully for a PL season) or can cash in at full value.

Whilst I''d like him to stay to see what he can do, I''m really not sure whether he is cut out for the vagaries of a long hard Champs season, so perhaps a loan is best for both parties.

How we''ll miss his goals......err?......hang on....................[:S]

[img]http://www.carrowroad.net/carrow/images/1st wizzio.jpg[/img]

Gutted if true, and have lost respect for Adams and the board, who i was 100% behind.
Obvious he''s being pushed out, and honestly, it is starting to look like it''s a wages issue.  What a joke.

[quote user="Wiz"]

How we''ll miss his goals......err?......hang on....................[:S]

[img]http://www.carrowroad.net/carrow/images/1st wizzio.jpg[/img]

[/quote]

Jeez, you can''t even link a pic on here now!

Branson agree Adams hand could be forced but just thought he would come good under Adams !!.

Got this uneasy feeling that once one of our bigger players go , others will follow!!.

In a perfect world I''m sure Adams would like to keep Ricky, but if he isn''t going to be first choice striker every week it is hard to justify keeping him at Norwich and paying his high wages (I would imagine he is the highest paid player at the club).

Adams has made it clear before new players can be brought in, others have to leave - if letting Ricky go on loan allows Norwich to bring in another central defender, which I think is vital, then it is probably for the best.

Personally I would have played Ricky every week and made him my main striker, but if you said your job and reputation relied on him scoring goals in the Championship, then I might waiver a little. I like Ricky, he is a clever player who had a bad season whilst adjusting to a unfamiliar league in a team that everyone struggled for goals in - he will score plenty of goals in France and in a perfect world he''ll come back to Norwich next season, after promotion and score in the Premier league. Live rarely works out that nicely though and I expect he''ll go and we''ll never see him play for Norwich again.

All we need now is to sell Fer and my personal fears will start to come true.

Who after this? Who after that?

Google Bot"Gutted if true, and have lost respect for Adams and the board, who i was 100% behind.

Obvious he''s being pushed out, and honestly, it is starting to look like it''s a wages issue.  What a joke.

Agree think the team which starts against Wolves will look a lot different come the end of August!!.

Hooper, Fer,Redmond, RVW all gone even after Adams BS about we don''t have to sell anyone!!.

[quote user="Barbie"]http://carrowroad.net/carrow/images/1stwizzio.jpg Doesn''t exist at that location.

[img]http://carrowroad.net/carrow/avatars/members/wiz4aopt.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Don''t get sweet with me Barbie, if you started treating posters like adults instead of going ''all powerful'' on us then maybe so many wouldn''t be leaving.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

In a perfect world I''m sure Adams would like to keep Ricky, but if he isn''t going to be first choice striker every week it is hard to justify keeping him at Norwich and paying his high wages (I would imagine he is the highest paid player at the club).

Adams has made it clear before new players can be brought in, others have to leave - if letting Ricky go on loan allows Norwich to bring in another central defender, which I think is vital, then it is probably for the best.

Personally I would have played Ricky every week and made him my main striker, but if you said your job and reputation relied on him scoring goals in the Championship, then I might waiver a little. I like Ricky, he is a clever player who had a bad season whilst adjusting to a unfamiliar league in a team that everyone struggled for goals in - he will score plenty of goals in France and in a perfect world he''ll come back to Norwich next season, after promotion and score in the Premier league. Live rarely works out that nicely though and I expect he''ll go and we''ll never see him play for Norwich again.

[/quote]

Need to be careful we don''t get caught with our pants down if these players are to leave, need to have deal for replacements in place before we sell , if not just like Southampton are finding out other clubs stick a extra 0 on their players value!!!

Bad idea in my book. I''d have kept him if there is nobody that was going to pay a decent fee to take him permanently.

I can''t see that we''ll use the money saved particularly wisely but if we do then fair enough. I guess that leaves Grabbs, Hoops, Laffs and Beccs as the 4 senior strikers (still should be enough) and then the youth on top of that.

I just don''t see a loan deal as particularly useful for us really. I wanted to see him in a couple of league games before August was up and then decide. RvW seemed up for staying and fighting too. I reckon he''ll be on £30k a week still, so it''ll save us a million over the season. It''s hardly worth it in my book.

Well, this is the thing, transfers really start to heat up reaching this period, as bigger deals break down our players appear on the radar as affordable alternatives.
I can''t see Hooper going, but Redmond will have a lot of clubs putting the feelers out.
Fer is as good as gone, i think most know that already.
I''m just wholly disappointed with this RvW situation though, fair enough if he wants away i could deal with that, but for us to push him out, and wondering what the morals are behind that just leaves me really cold to those making the decisions.

We don''t know that he''s being forced out. It may be that he was happy to stay and fight for his place, but with the signings of Lafferty and Grabban he has decided that the offer of a year of top-flight football (with St Etienne in the Europa League to boot) is worth considering. Just because he''s talking to them doesn''t mean he''s going to accept!

St Étienne has been mentioned a few times, so it seems logical. I hoped RvW would stay, but all the signs said that he didn''t want to play Championship football, and in our hearts I think we knew that was probably the case, like with Remy at QPR last year. His positive tweets kept good relations, but I think he said he wanted to leave from the beginning if an offer came in that the Club were willing to accept. The number change suggested this, as did trying to sign Callum Wilson. In a way, I''m glad it''s resolved so we can move on.

As for the others leaving, the situation is different because their value is high and it''d take big money if they are to go. There''s a bit of interest, but nothing like the money that would be required (yet).

I believe reading his tweets that he just wants to be playing, i don''t think he wants away from he club on the basis of where we are playing.

So frustrating.

It''s got to be about saving his wages.  Ricky may have been perfectly happy to stick around.  But if the club wants to strim back on the big earners a loan makes sense.

The only reason any of us could think he wants to stay at Norwich is because of a few Tweets - the guy isn''t stupid and going to come out and say "I hate it here and want to leave". He''s being professional and will play for the club he is at, doesn''t mean he actively wants to stay in Norwich and I''m sure he jumped at the chance to play for a team in the Europa League and regain some of his reputation. (And lets not forget fans were booing Ricky in the last few games of the season).

I don''t think he is being ''forced out'' but both club and player see this as a chance to put the whole sorry affair behind them and move on.

IF it happens then I think this may be a good move. RVW could probably benefit from a spell there to get his confidence and mojo back. We should be able to recall him when required. If it works, fab- we get a goalscoring machine back and if it doesn''t then I would rather have risked him over there than hinder our promotion chances. Shame he couldn''t have appeared in the friendlies- we might at least have been able to judge him a bit better before the real business starts.

Let''s not forget that in 27 appearances he scored 1 goal. Dean Coney scored 1 in 17 and even Darren Beckford, one of our most "notorious" signings scored more. Adrian Coote scored 3 in 61. That is the sort of company which sits ABOVE RVW in the scoring stakes!

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]

IF it happens then I think this may be a good move. RVW could probably benefit from a spell there to get his confidence and mojo back. We should be able to recall him when required. If it works, fab- we get a goalscoring machine back and if it doesn''t then I would rather have risked him over there than hinder our promotion chances. Shame he couldn''t have appeared in the friendlies- we might at least have been able to judge him a bit better before the real business starts.

Let''s not forget that in 27 appearances he scored 1 goal. Dean Coney scored 1 in 17 and even Darren Beckford, one of our most "notorious" signings scored more. Adrian Coote scored 3 in 61. That is the sort of company which sits ABOVE RVW in the scoring stakes!

[/quote]You can''t recall an overseas loan, it''s essentially a one year permanent transfer.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Barbie"]http://carrowroad.net/carrow/images/1stwizzio.jpg Doesn''t exist at that location.

[img]http://carrowroad.net/carrow/avatars/members/wiz4aopt.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Don''t get sweet with me Barbie, if you started treating posters like adults instead of going ''all powerful'' on us then maybe so many wouldn''t be leaving.

[/quote]

The irony is that it is you of all people who have posted this Wiz but I am in agreement with you on this one......threads removed left,right and centre,signatures gone,sticky on the PUPs thread which was asked for over a year ago etc.

If ever there was a case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted Archant are now reaping what they have sewn. They will now live on a staple diet of banned posters, multiple account holders and those that communicate by effing and jeffing.

Christ sake. RvW is one of the worst players we''ve ever had probs the worst in terms of money spend

He found his level against Braintree.

Ship out ASAP let''s see what grabs and lafferty can do now with hooper keeping the bench warm

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Tumbleweed"]

[/quote]

You can''t recall an overseas loan, it''s essentially a one year permanent transfer.
[/quote]

You can recall, but only during the January transfer window, and only if both clubs agree to it.

A recall clause would make it very hard to get the proposed buyer to cover all his wages though.

This thread could easily be an overreaction to self propelling rumour,  but we are entering a critical phase of the transfer window that will tell us a lot about the clubs approach to this season.   If we end up holding onto our top players then what follows will be an equal over reaction! 

I have trouble accepting that grabban or lafferty are better players than either hooper or rvw (and I am relly not a fan of the former).   They are solid signings for this league, but unproven in scoring enough goals to get us promoted - which should be our aim.    Having them in the squad is perfect,  expecting them to lead our strikeforce another matter altogether.  I also struggle with fans pleased to see quality leave and rely on lesser talented players because of "committment"    

The next few weeks will be tough;  right now we have a quality squad that with the right mental strength should push hard for auto promotion;   take out a spine of that quality and we will not be as capable.    I should be excited for the season,  but with the attention our quality players are attracting (note carefully which players are wanted and which poor quality ones there has been no interest with and we will be left with) we could end up with a very average squad.

We definitely need an extra cb and if Russ is determined to play cb then we also need a better right back.  And further cm/strikers should RvW Fer Tettey leave,  beyond just Gary O''Neil.  

Never, in the history of NCFC, has a player that cost so much, provided so little, and yet is yearned by so many........

Nothing to do with all those yellow and green tops with ''9'' and ''V W'' on the back, I trust?

Hughton''s legacy rumbles on......

So NA cannot cannot get RVW in scoring form for us so has shipped him out so that hopefully someone else more capable can.Cannot get Bassong motivated to play for us or back to his previous form levels but hasn''t moved him onLeaves Becchio a proven striker at this level out of his plans altogether but hasn''t moved him on eitherWe have around £12 million tied up in these three and not getting any return for the investment.