Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Championship Squads.

After seeing all the lineups from yesterday and today i am now so confident we will go up. Some poor looking teams this year. Forest side looked decent, but so many poor looking sides.

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]After seeing all the lineups from yesterday and today i am now so confident we will go up. Some poor looking teams this year. Forest side looked decent, but so many poor looking sides.[/quote]

Ask me again at 6 tomorrow

Mind you, we looked strong on paper last year...

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]After seeing all the lineups from yesterday and today i am now so confident we will go up. Some poor looking teams this year. Forest side looked decent, but so many poor looking sides.[/quote]Not sure I agree with that. Very difficult to tell much from the opening day for sure but there are several teams out there looking to make a good fight of it. Some of them looking good on paper as well as on the pitch - albeit, as I said, after only one game.The championship/division 1, has always been about form, not paper. It''s not as clear cut as the premier league tends to be.From my point of view there are some very solid looking teams, and it is about form and consistency. When we won the league under Worthington - I don''t think we had the best team in terms of individuals, we had a relatively old squad and a number of which were never going to really make the step up to the premier league.And in regards to the teams coming down - that''s only two. There are a good number of others like Bournemouth, that will fancy a shot at it themselves this year.

If you could forecast results based on squads we would all be rich men.

Leadership, team spirit and commitment are just as important, we will find out more about that tomorrow.

[quote user="AJ"]Mind you, we looked strong on paper last year...[/quote]yes, in comparison to other PL clubs we certainly didstrangely though, it appears only you who noticed

This league is less about money our strength on paper its about consistency and confidence.

All the teams have the ability to beat every other side, the problem is they dont perform to their best every week.     It seems nearly all teams can do a 5-7 match unbeaten run,  but will follow it up with 3 defeats in 5 to some of the lower clubs; apart from Leicester just about every team did that to a greater or lesser extent.

We do have a great squad,  and the cash to buy/loan in solutions as we need them - but unless we can perform every week (and last year the same players did not) or grind out results when not at our best we will achieve nothing Jon Snow.

Its all to play for and in our hands - we have nothing to fear but ourselves,   so lets get the show on the road.