Sign in to follow this  
Bill

how 'umble should we be ?

there has always been a grovelling uriah heep type mentality amongst some on here many of whom I suspect are merely binners trying to talk the club down, but there is still that forelock tugging attitufde amongst somean example being when Pilks put us 1-0 against Man Utd and an old boy near me could be heard ''wailing'' -"that''s it, now you see what happens, just you wait now, we''re for it now........ "we have a relatively strong squad, an income FOUR times that of clubs like the binners, no debts and a cracking group of youths ready to break through so there is every reason to believe than the title is not beyond our graspthe last two seasons on here were notable for the endless criticism of Hughton''s ultra cautious approach, so maybe it''s time for the forelock tuggers to get rid of their ultra snivellin '' approachwe are well good enough - so let''s have a bit of belief and whilst we are at it drop this cr  ap about us ''tempting fate''get into ''em !

Well said sir. It may a end in ashes, though I do not believe it will, but positivity is paramount in US supporters. OTBC.

Humble doesn''t come into it for me.

My arrogant stance is that we have one of, if not the, best squads in the Championship and a squad that should achieve a top si place with ease and an automatic if things click into place.

My concern is that it all goes pear-shaped, either through the actions of ''Adams the Untried'' or the infiltration of ''Little ''ol Norwichism'' into the Boardroom thinking.

Well we''d better win the bloody league now because I''ve given enough stick to Ipsh*t supporters on Twitter tonight.

We''re in the slightly unusual position of being the ''big fish'' in the league, something that hasn''t been the case since 2009 and a general rarity for the last 20 or so years.

A good start is important, but there''s no reason for us to go into any game this year without 3 points in mind.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]A post not about Ipswich. Well done City1st.[/quote]

oh dearyou aren''t very bright are you ?

Well actually I am, and you do post about a heck of a lot about Ipswoch which is very ironic considering your username.

And you''re clearly a few tools short if you think my comment means I''m not very bright. But whatever floats your boat.

and you appear to post a heck of al lot about me posting about ipswichwhat conclusions should we all draw about that ?

In all seriousness, it''s exciting to know that we''re going to be playing attacking football this season with what on paper looks like an excellent squad. However, my main concern is that we''ll be too open, and vulnerable to leaving gaps and getting caught out by ''big and ugly'' teams who are built for the Championship. Trying to gung-ho your way out of this decision is fraught with danger, but if it reaps rewards it''s going to be spectacular. Either way, this season isn''t going to be dull...

[quote user="City1st"]there has always been a grovelling uriah heep type mentality amongst some on here

many of whom I suspect are merely binners trying to talk the club down, but there is still that forelock tugging attitufde amongst some

an example being when Pilks put us 1-0 against Man Utd and an old boy near me could be heard ''wailing'' -

"that''s it, now you see what happens, just you wait now, we''re for it now........ "

we have a relatively strong squad, an income FOUR times that of clubs like the binners, no debts and a cracking group of youths ready to break through so there is every reason to believe than the title is not beyond our grasp

the last two seasons on here were notable for the endless criticism of Hughton''s ultra cautious approach, so maybe it''s time for the forelock tuggers to get rid of their ultra snivellin '' approach

we are well good enough - so let''s have a bit of belief and whilst we are at it drop this cr  ap about us ''tempting fate''

get into ''em !

[/quote]

Huzzah!  faint

I love the positivity - and in the absence of Lake District Canary, I say there isn''t a game we''ll play this season that we cannot expect to win. We have a lot of talent here - it''s what we do with it that matters.

A good start today will be helpful, although not season-defining.