Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

Mark Robins gone

Agreed Jas - to over react to one opening game is madness - so there has to be more to it than that;   more than any fixture its seems the first one throws up more false results comparaed to the rest of the season.

But the more other clubs implode the better for us.

COme on city,  focus on the prize, be committed and show our quality :-)

To be fair to the HTFC board, Robins won 2 of their last 13 games last season. I''m sure many of us wish our Board had been so decisive last season when Hughton carried on where he''d left of the season before.

If Neil Lennon is ready and willing to get back into football and is willing to test himself in a proper league with a club in trouble then this is the perfect opportunity. It would help answer the question as to whether he is actually asny good as a manager, and by extension possibly indicate how he might have fared with us.

Good point Purple although imagine Lennon has slightly grander aspirations having walked out at Parkhead. Either way, I''m glad he''s not experimenting with us.

[quote user="Kingston Yellow"]Good point Purple although imagine Lennon has slightly grander aspirations having walked out at Parkhead. Either way, I''m glad he''s not experimenting with us.[/quote]Exactly. It probably is true that he has grander aspirations, but that is the problem. If I was a director of a Championship club with serious hopes of getting to the Premier League I would not want to take a chance on him. Some club may, but I didn''t want us to. He needs to prove himself at somewhere like Huddersfield.

You would think if they had so little confidence in him that one bad defeat would result in a sacking they would have just replaced him in the Summer. Strange.