Sign in to follow this  
skeps

any chance of the game being called off?

[quote user="skeps"]heavy rain and storms all sunday.[/quote]I''ll have a massive hangover [+o(] but I''ll still be there, so a bit of rain is neither here nor there.

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"]In a word, no.

In two words. Man up....

[A]
[/quote]

What he said.[:P]

Well with heavy rain and a flooded pitch anything is possible.

I suspect however that the pitch will be covered until kick off as its a sky game

Sunderlands first match of the season got called off in recent seasons.

So what if it does though? Gives the team another week to prepare and we start our campaign at home.

Id take that

Probably not due to the pitch - but if travel is dangerous and wind is blowing debris the police might not want a crowd in the Town Centre.

Anyone remember Blackpool away in the League Cup and Burnley away a few seasons back. Both called off at short notice, and Blackpool was mid-week.

Hope they make an early decision if they are thinking of calling it off.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I''ve just hung the washing out......it''ll be fine......[/quote]How long were you planning on leaving your washing out?? [:D]

Morning, Stoke fan just browsing.

Not far from mollineux, and its absolutely tipping it down.

Reason for being here is there''s massive rumours up here that Redmond''s is as good as signed for us, talks last week etc etc as the Assiadi deal has fallen through.

Anyway if you''re traveling stay safe and obviously good luck against the Dingles.

its a little bit of rain... Football is a winter sport, played in rain, wind and sometimes even snow....i''ve got more chance of a 24 hour orgy with Zooey Deschanel than the game being called off.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]its a little bit of rain... Football is a winter sport, played in rain, wind and sometimes even snow....i''ve got more chance of a 24 hour orgy with Zooey Deschanel than the game being called off.[/quote]

whilst your''e right course......something happened in football about 10-12 years ago which probably co-incided with the blame/claim culture...and that was the phenomena of football matches being called off because of "approaches to the stadium being unsafe". Not sure if today is under that kind of threat but in my day ,it was a man''s game on and off the pitch....if the game was on ,you got there,in whatever the weather.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]its a little bit of rain... Football is a winter sport, played in rain, wind and sometimes even snow....i''ve got more chance of a 24 hour orgy with Zooey Deschanel than the game being called off.[/quote]

whilst your''e right course......something happened in football about 10-12 years ago which probably co-incided with the blame/claim culture...and that was the phenomena of football matches being called off because of "approaches to the stadium being unsafe". Not sure if today is under that kind of threat but in my day ,it was a man''s game on and off the pitch....if the game was on ,you got there,in whatever the weather.[/quote]so basically the old bill dont fancy it?

I''m about to head off the A14 to get on a train at Rugby, truth be told the weather is so bloody awful with roads flooded I think the TV might be the better option.

Not the sort of start to the new campaign I was hoping for.

[quote user="ST1"]Morning, Stoke fan just browsing.

Not far from mollineux, and its absolutely tipping it down.

Reason for being here is there''s massive rumours up here that Redmond''s is as good as signed for us, talks last week etc etc as the Assiadi deal has fallen through.

Anyway if you''re traveling stay safe and obviously good luck against the Dingles.[/quote]We''ve had a whole summer of rumours, very few of which have come to pass. Anything make you believe this rumour to be true, ie. people ''in the know'' verifying it? I''d expect it to cost you a bomb if it does happen, we have no need to sell and Redmond seems settled here and happy to be a ''big fish'' in the Championship. No disrespect, but I''d expect him to go to a bigger club in a year''s time than a mid-table Prem side now.

[quote user="ST1"]Morning, Stoke fan just browsing. Not far from mollineux, and its absolutely tipping it down. Reason for being here is there''s massive rumours up here that Redmond''s is as good as signed for us, talks last week etc etc as the Assiadi deal has fallen through. Anyway if you''re traveling stay safe and obviously good luck against the Dingles.[/quote]

And yet no national or local media have twigged this yet fella.

Just saying.

The BBC weather report for Wolverhampton is now cloudy, but sunny and suggests that the rain has ceased. It is actually promising for the game time, but what damage will have been done?

As long as their pitch can cope with the rain it has had to soak up everything should be about ok.

The last thing we want is a ''leveller'' of a mud bath as we should, in theory, be capable of better football than the home team.

If our superior passing game is compromised then we will have a first insight into Adams''s tactical awareness. I would hope it is better than the lack of it he exhibited at Stamford Bridge last season.