Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

4 - 4 - 2

Surely we have to play this, we have to realise you have to man-up in this division. We need a midfield of Fer, Tettey, , O''Neil and one other with Grabban and Lafferty up front. Most of all we have to keep the ball better.

i''d agree....with Pilkington on the left and Redmond on the right.

The problem we have is that I dont see a way of playing 2 strikers ,with Hoolahan & Redmond without having a detrimental effect elsewhere in the team.

either play 442 ,without Hoolahan or play the diamond without Redmond.

Having nailed our colours to the mast with Hoolahan and his new contract, I wonder whether we might cash in on Redmond if offered some big money?

In my opinion there is always going to be a risk of a lack of cutting edge in the eleven we put out today. To be fair this eleven. and this formation, has looked fairly decent in preseason, but I would not be surprised if it were to get caught out again in this regard in competition football. I would expect this eleven to dominate possession and dictate the game, and that is a great help when trying to win the game, but I would always be concerned about where the goals are coming from. It puts too much pressure on Redmond to suddenly become the finisher that he isn''t (well, certainly at the minute), and because of that, also puts too much emphasis on Grabban as our sole source of regular goals in his first season with us. Hoolahan has never looked like getting 15 - 20 goals a season, and while Bennett and Surman are capable of popping up with a few, it is unlikely in that formation that the wide two are going to get to the 10-15 goals needed to make up the shortfall for a title challenging side. If this particular eleven is to work, all the people I have mentioned need to be at their most ruthless, but I don''t know if that is just hoping for a bit too much. A change in formation or personal might be required. 4-4-2 is an option. maybe a 4-1-4-1 that was mentioned a lot last season, 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 are other possibilities.

100% we have to play itpacey wingers, beating the full backs and crossing for the two strikers. As long as the two centre mids are disciplined and dont go wandering too much it will be fine. Even 4222 would workid have money on the bulk of the teams we play this season will either 442 or 4411want to see                         ruddy        martin   bennett  turner    garrido   redmond    howson  tettey     olsson                     lafferty hooper

I totally agree with Iron Stan ,, but also think that if we play with two "strikers " not one and a winger ,, would can pose more of a threat against most teams .

The reality was that Wolves were average ,, if we had scored the Grabban " close one" it might have. Hanged the game completely .

Onto the next game ,,, hoping that lessons were learned !

I wouldn''t mind seeing 3 at the back and play the same system as hull did because our midfield is our strongest point

e.g.

-----------------Ruddy------------

----Martin----Turner----New CB(Bassongs replacement)

Bennett-----Tettey---Fer------Olsson

-------------------Howson----------------

-------------Hooper-----Grabban