Sign in to follow this  
Dibs

Neil Lennon is looking for a challenge

[quote user="JF"]Not going to happen so why bother posting this shit[/quote]

Who knows, who saw Adams appointment coming.

Lennon was always the correct choice but I suspect would offer too great a challenge to the board. As was discussed on his appointment, the only realistic conclusion to draw from Adams'' appointment is that promotion was not the primary strategic objective for the board - presumably it''s consolidation in the Championship. Such a pity as the team completely unwinds after the first season in tier two.

Sorry boys, you''ll only get Lennon or another experienced manager if Bowkett and McNally can change the owners opinions.

They failed last season!

[quote user="Talk Show Host"]The fact people actually want Adams out now is ridiculous..[/quote]People never wanted him in the first place , he needs wins and the exciting displays he promised , today was defeat and a performance that stank every bit as much as Hughtons did .

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"][quote user="Talk Show Host"]The fact people actually want Adams out now is ridiculous..[/quote]People never wanted him in the first place , he needs wins and the exciting displays he promised , today was defeat and a performance that stank every bit as much as Hughtons did . [/quote]

I didn''t either, I don''t know many people who did, but he''s been in charge 1 game (disregarding the 5 at the end of last season as that ship had already sunk) and we''re already deciding we want out with him, surely I can''t be the only person who thinks this is unfair?

Of course it was a terrible performance but it''s the first game of the season for crying out loud!!!!

And this is why Adams was always the wrong choice, people had already made their minds up before we''d even kicked a ball!

Don''t get me wrong we all had some blind optimism/hope that things would work, but this game only confirmed our worst fears!

Come next week I expect Carrow Road will be a cauldron of nerves.

From what I''ve seen of Celtic they play a lazy direct game with very little passing or creativity. I think he''d be found out quite quickly in a better league.

Adams would have won the league with Celtic last season. I will go so far as to say Gunn and Hughton would as well. Appointing Lennon is a gamble the same as Adams was. If we wanted to reduce the gamble we should have appointed Malky who is proven at this level.

Would Adams have got performances against Barcelona and the like ? Celtic seem to have gone downhill this season since Lennons departure . Scottish premier league may not be the greatest place to recruit from but its better than picking somebody who has a few games at schoolboy level .

Lesser players raise their games against more illustrious opponents shocker! You see it every year in the FA cup, doesnt make the manager of those teams a world beater though.