Today was horrific. Properly bad..... But we''re going to start slow.

If we can get Howson, Hooper and Pilkington back in the starting 11 along with a fit Tettey we''ll be much stronger

League one we lost 1-7. Championship we Lost 2-3.

We do need a new striker and a new right back though. Let''s spend a bit of money eh?

Pretty much this. Really poor out of the blocks but we were starting to take control just before the red and I thought we were looking most likely to score at that point. Move on to next week with a few changes and go again.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]How does referencing a 7-1 defeat in which we changed manager after help your argument?[/quote]
I think it''s meant to be comparative. The way some people are acting on here, you would''ve thought we had lost 7-1 anyway... 

We had a pretty poor first half but had started to gain a dominance when Olsson got sent off. I think we''d have gone onto win if he hadn''t have got sent off.

Defence looked decent enough. Grabban not yet sharp. Redmond did some decent stuff and then reminded me why he is in the Championship with us. Hoolahan tried but nothing happened for him. Garrido was awful.

Roll on the home games...we must learn quickly!

I''m behind the manager but he does deserve the criticism aimed at him today......Surman, Benno & Wes with Redmund up top is not the team to play Wolves away.

Additionally why didn''t he make changes to plan b prior to the red card?

Hope he can motivate the losing mentality this squad and club have become used to.

[quote user="Indy"]I''m behind the manager but he does deserve the criticism aimed at him today......Surman, Benno & Wes with Redmund up top is not the team to play Wolves away.

Additionally why didn''t he make changes to plan b prior to the red card?

Hope he can motivate the losing mentality this squad and club have become used to.[/quote]
That was the one time I wouldn''t have changed things!
The diamond finally looked like it might start working just before Olsson was sent off. It was the 50 or so minutes before that period which required a formation change.
Although, you are right to criticise him for his use of the diamond. I was screaming at my TV after 15 minutes for a change...

I''m calm thanks - due largely to the depressing predictability of it all.

We needed to make some big changes in the pre-season. We haven''t.

Lafferty looked very good when he came on and while he''s being chastised everywhere, I looked on Wes as at least being the one player constantly showing for the ball and trying to make something happen.

First half was poor apart from a short period when we at least retained the ball but had few options.I know it wont fit the script of posters who seem overly eager to have a go, but the truth is we were having a good spell at the begining of the second half and were looking the better team, until the sending off. Lafferty was excellent when he came on, very much looking forward to seeing more of him. OTBC

What I found so frustrating as the whole performance and style of play was exactly as under Hughton. Wolves had very little threat up front and yet the midfield stuck deep for most of the match. We had no creativity in midfield and carried very little attacking impetus. Time and time again short passes were made to heavily marked players and we never found any pace. Redmond never took on a defender and has a very poor shot and in no way a striker. As usual Surman non-existent but to be fair not much worse than other players.

But Jenkins if, and I say if, the rationale for Adams'' appointment was around tactics, team selection and the ubiquitous ''Norwich way'', Adams got every aspect of this match wrong today. We desperately needed a challenging, outside perspective on our club but instead based our appointments on Flown From The Nest.

It was not our best day Highland, not helped by the sending off without which I genuinely think we would have got a point.

Nevertheless dissapointing.

It''s the middle of the park that let us down today, I think we lack a fair bit of depth in that area when players like Fer and Howson are missing. But a bit of coaching could still iron out some of the weaknesses with the midfielders that were on duty, many of whom looked a bit lost and confused in certain situations.Wolves were pretty good, but against lesser teams we would have won or drawn.

Total over reaction, sure it wasnt a great performance, but it is one game, yes one game and we see a total over reaction.

Even those of us who didnt want NA have to give him a fair chance, and one game away vs Wolves is not that........

Yep just like last season....it''s just one game at the start of the season. Then it wad 5.....10 then it''s all too late.

There appears to be a severe lack of mentality on behalf of this team of players....no leadership, no reaction other than head down feeling sorry for themselves.

I hope people are right but I just have a feeling that this manager and this squad without Fer, Pilks & Hooper is far too lightweight for the teams in this league.

We are short of a good right back & cetre back.

Not looking too great tonight but Watford at home will be another telltale.

Watford at home will be a tough battle, and one where we are going to have to score a few to get a win.

Will be very indicative as to whether today was a one-off, early season no show or part of a more systematic trend...

This was only the first game there is a long way to go No need to panic, This is a harder league than people give it credit. We''ll be ok!

Calm down exactly!

We should of pressed more in the 1st half and let Wolves take control!

We were getting on top when Olsson was sent of, a touch unlucky cause his 1st booking in the 1st half was after a couple of other equally challenges went without seeing yellow!

We will get better and I think most teams will struggle at a very solid looking Wolves side who can seriously the top 6 this season!

We were always going to lose games this season!

Positives - In the main the defence looked solid.

Lafferty looked like he can be a major player this season!

Adams altered things about something we didn''t see much with the previous manager and will also attack!

The players I think wanted it!

I think Gary O''neil is going to make a big difference on the field. We need leadership and he has it in abundance. Howson is made for this league, and once fit will be class.

Today was really poor, however 2 or 3 players will make a big difference.

Ruddy

R.martin R.bennet Turner Olsson

O''Neil Howson

Pilkington Hoolahan Redmond

Lafferty

With Tettey, Hooper and Surman all pressing to start, we''ll be ok.