Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

Totally OT Frank Maloney

[quote user="Bury Green"]A very brave decision, good luck to him or indeed her and a happier future.[/quote]Errr no. Brave is a six year old child refusing to abandon their faith even when being threatened with decapitation because they are Christian. Brave is sacrificing your own life by jumping on a grenade to protect the lives of the fellow soldiers in your platoon. Brave is hiding Jews in your attic even though you know that if they are discovered by the Nazis you will be shot. These things are BRAVE.Having a sex change because it is what you want to do to make you happy and saying damn the impact it will have on those who love and care for me is not brave. It is the height of selfishness, which would be the opposite of brave.

While I get the point you are making - up to a point - selfishness is the opposite of selflessness, and bravery is the opposite of cowardice.  It is possible to be selfish and brave, the two are not opposites.

This makes his comments about there being "too many gays" in Camden, when he was the UKIP candidate for London Mayor, and claiming to stand for "traditional family values and family life", all the more hard to understand.

[quote user="Iwans Big Toe"][quote user="Bury Green"]A very brave decision, good luck to him or indeed her and a happier future.[/quote]Errr no. Brave is a six year old child refusing to abandon their faith even when being threatened with decapitation because they are Christian. Brave is sacrificing your own life by jumping on a grenade to protect the lives of the fellow soldiers in your platoon. Brave is hiding Jews in your attic even though you know that if they are discovered by the Nazis you will be shot. These things are BRAVE.Having a sex change because it is what you want to do to make you happy and saying damn the impact it will have on those who love and care for me is not brave. It is the height of selfishness, which would be the opposite of brave.[/quote]I admire his decision. Undergoing a sex change operation takes balls.

[quote user="splutcho"]A very brave decision. Iwans Big Toe is a ******.[/quote]Thanks for that eloquent and well thought out retort. Once again, selfish behaviour is NOT bravery. Bravery generally puts others first. There is bravery in self sacrifice, there is bravery in standing for a belief that will get you killed, there is bravery in helping others when you know it could end with you getting punished for giving that help. Frank Maloney has not done any of that.In today''s English society it would have actually been braver for him to have come out and said that he thinks that it is an unacceptable lifestyle choice. He would have then been likely to face abuse, and even possibly physical harm, from narrow minded people such as yourself.

I''m not sure that i agree with Iwan''s Big Toe''s comment but it was well argued and deserved more than Splutcho''s f***wit comment.

Splutcho, if you''re going to set yourself up as a semi-official admin on another NCFC message board then perhaps you should have a look at yourself on this thread.

It is brave because of the criticism he is facing from people like you calling him selfish. Anyone that genuinely loves and cares for him will be happy for him that he is living how he feels comfortable.

Why on earth would he say it is an unacceptable lifestyle choice? Judging by your comments, this seems to be your point of view, and that is disgraceful, bigoted and means you are living up to your earlier title.

[quote user="splutcho"]It is brave because of the criticism he is facing from people like you calling him selfish. Anyone that genuinely loves and cares for him will be happy for him that he is living how he feels comfortable.

Why on earth would he say it is an unacceptable lifestyle choice? Judging by your comments, this seems to be your point of view, and that is disgraceful, bigoted and means you are living up to your earlier title.[/quote]And this goes to prove my point about it being a braver stance to come out and say that something such as trans-sexuality is not an acceptable lifestyle. If anybody were to do so in this country at this point in time they would be branded as an unacceptable, narrow minded, bigot such as you are attempting to label me now. So if it is bigoted to firmly believe that something is wrong, that would mean that you are taking an unacceptable, disgraceful, narrow minded and bigoted view by claiming that anyone who takes an opposite view point to yours is wrong.Irony. Always funniest when people miss it.

[quote user="splutcho"]Was Hitler brave too?[/quote]He had the general consensus of the public. You could tell from the thousands that attended the Nazi''s anti-Jewish marches.they were something like this......http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28715052