Sign in to follow this  
Disco Dales Tash

POLL : Should worthy go?

1. If you''re a binner( which I suspect you are) P*SS OFF!!!

2. If you''re serious then no, of course he shouldn''t go, statistically whenever a manager leaves teams slump before inproving, we''re best to ride this out, one win and everyone will be smiles again.

No, not at the moment.
However, if we don''t see much improvement on current performances by November, I really think people will start to question the management. At the moment, the team is still taking time to gel (a bit too long IMO), but with the different line up last Saturday and hopefully tonight, Worthy should be taking more notice of the players on the fringes like Brennan and being more flexible with the positions of some players.

Quite a bit of web-team bashing at the moment isn''t there!?! Give them a break - they do enough as it is.

Well, if you want a poll go here: www.mrcarrow.co.uk, sign up and go to the message board where one has already been set up. Its currently standing at 100% for NO... but that''s because I''m the only one to have voted!

Enjoy...

NO!

Leave Worthy alone...
Does anyone actually think he has made many if any wrong decisions this season?
The one and only thing I can''t stand is when we try and sit on a one-goal lead.

At the end of the day his job is to play what he considers to be the best team. Surely if anyone should know this, it''s him.
He sees every one of them in training.

Let him get on with it, it''s only 4 games into the season and some people seem to think we''re in May already.

Get a grip!

AHEM! I''m not a binner!

I think Worthy has and is doing a good job. Fair enough, the results haven''t gone our way, and the new signings haven''t shown any real sparkle, but I''m sure they will.

Glad to hear that most people think he should stay, hopefully he will be here for years to come. He is Mr Shrewd when it comes to transfers, Huckerby and Ashton for starters, and he does get rid of dead wood.

Well, looks like I''ll be the first YES.

1, No young players

2, No cup run

3, No tactical improvement

4, Low skill level vs High determination

5, Last season

6, Very little money made on transfers

7, Too many fall-outs with the playing staff

8, Don''t have time to think of more .... !

No, definately not, the team needs stability, the results will soon come.Mook! Some of your points seem unfounded, no cup run! the cup fixture isn''t until tonight! No money made on transfers - francis cost us £250''000, and sold for £1''500''000, with more money to come and Ashton is worth twice what we paid for him. McKenzie cost £250''000, and is worth about £1''500''000! And we have shackell as a young player, with Henderson on the bench. Last season was to be expected, as were a small club trying to compete in the premiership on low budget, and i was proud of the way the club coped with the big boys.

100% No.

People complaining that we were relegated last season should be shot too when you bear in mind that all three promoted teams finished within a point of each other.

Oh come on Mook

1. Gave Jarvis his debut at 16, Henderson at 17, Shackell at 18, Crow at 17 and had Lewis on the bench at the age of 15.

2. Agreed.

3. Massive tactical improvement from situation when he took over. When he took over we were battling to avoid being relegated to Division 2. Now we''re upset because we''re not immediately challenging for promotion back to Prem League.

4. He always, always, always goes on about passing the ball - people on here take the piss out of him because of his energy levels comments- but ignore the fact he always emphasises passing. And don''t try and tell me that Ashton, Hux & Safri, all of whom he signed, have got low skill levels or I''ll roll around the floor laughing.

5. Took us to the last day of the season with a budget that was miniscule compared to most other Prem League teams.

6. He could make a massive profit on transfers tomorrow by selling, Ashton, Hux, McKenzie but you wouldn''t want him to would you?

7. Most of the so called fallouts with playing staff are just dodgy rumours on here. All the best managers keep discipline at their clubs. Worthy is no different.

Of course not. I do not want Norwich to be one of those short sighted clubs who panic half a dozen games into the season. Loads of clubs go what we''re going through and quite frankly if you had told me we would be in this position three years ago I would have bitten your hand off for it. Football is a long term game and not for the short sighted. More important to me is the financial health and longevity of the club not short term results. A sound platform will guide us to where we eventually deserve to be.

surely they should be a third option, don''t know.put me down for that at the minute.

No.

As disappointed as I am to the way things have gone of late, sacking the manager at this stage would create more problems than it would solve.

"He always, always, always goes on about passing the ball"

Sorry Mr Rosario, I don''t fall for any of that. I always go on about getting my fitness back, cutting down drinking and stopping eating a load of junk but do I? No.

I am in control of my body, Worthington is in control of my team. If he can talk about keeping the ball, why can''t the team do it?

And Cup runs ARE important - they earn us valuable pounds, give our younger players and reserves run outs, and PROVE that the manager and coaching staff do their research on our opponents.

Yes, he gave our youngsters debuts, but hasn''t brought them into the set up like Villa, Man City, Derby etc etc.

And as for your point about Ashton and Huckerby having skill - I assume you are joking about MacKenzie - YES they do. But are they learning the game? Are they developing? Are they moving forwards as players?

I will stick my neck out here. I am sure there has been the odd one, but which player HONESTLY has improved since coming to the club under Worthington''s tenure?

Although I have made some posts about my concerns with the current situation and the fact that we are getting less out of this squad than we should be, I  do think its too early. So at the moment I say NO.

However I said in the summer that I would give him 10-15 games and that is what I think he should get. There are things going wrong which have been healthily debated (despite the efforts of some): if those are fixed then he would get my vote of confidence.

If those things do not get fixed then I will be with Mook and advocating that it is time for a change in either manager or coaching staff. I personally believe they will not get fixed and that we are witnessing the start of a drawn out ending to the Worthy era. But ask me again at 5pm after the home game against QPR.

No way - not yet. Maybe if things haven''t picked up much by January then we would seriously have to consider whether Worthy has brought this club as far as he can and a change would be good. Sacking him four games into the season would not be a clever move!

Yes

With immediate effect.Pay up his contract and then patiently explain to all the players who joined on the basis of how he outlined the club''s future to be that they have been misled.

Explain to Williams, Livermore, Foley et al that they will be needed to steady the ship until the new manager takes over and brings in his own staff.

Get Doncaster to negotiate the best price possible for Ashton to help fund the above costs
and to fund the cost of a ''boo-o-meter'' to enable all team selections to reflect the wishes of those who have a greater football wisdom than the current manager but choose not to use it in any noticable managerial role.

Replace the board with one that is a bit more transparent. No more surprise signings, no more hidden negotiations and no more wasting money on new stands, infills and such like.

And finally perhaps get rid of those ''supporters'' who seem to think that since we''ve been here before any booing and writing petulant posts to the local forum are no more than a carthatic release for the terminally pessimistic

ps perhaps the forum moderators should go as they take time off occasionally

web moderaters boooooooooooooooooooooooo ! ! !

(there, I feel a lot better now)