Sign in to follow this  
the bristol nest

Wolves thread

We''ve been poor today.. wrong players in the wrong system!

Hoolahan, Surman, Redmond and Johnson have been completely ineffective.

Wrong players in the wrong system, here''s hoping Adams has some better ideas.

Johnson at the base? Redmond upfront? It''s not gonna work Neyullllll!

The massive problem for me is that very little seems to have improved since last season. Ok it''s the first game of the season but where''s the passion and determination? Plus why the hell are we playing people out of position?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Lightweight in  midfield, but that is where the suspensions/injuries/unfitnesses are at the moment.[/quote]We are missing Fer, Howson and O''Neil from midfield and Tettey may not have been regarded as fully match-fit after his injury.

[quote user="Mickdundee"]Six games and counting no wins. No excuses anymore

Neyull was never the right man for the job.[/quote]

As it stands haven''t we only scored in 1 of those games - v Liverpool?

How important is the first game of the season? Disapointing to see so many players not in the squad, we could have put out a really strong first 11. Obviously some players dont see their futures here so I can see it being a while before the squad settles down. Does not bode well for a good start to the season.

Still strange setup today, would have liked to have seen a 442, going back to basics with crossing balls into the box.

After the last 5 games of dross that he had last season you would have thought if Adams really wanted this he would have come out and made a statement of intent. Instead he''s let Wolves dictate the game to him. We can make all the excuses again (shouldn''t have been a yellow card, Fer is out injured etc etc). But the sad fact is we have looked woeful and uninspired. He has to show he is the man to take us forward and it''s not happening yet. At least McNally will get his bonus from the parachute payments

[quote user="Darth Catbeard"]I fu(king hate stand off defending!! :@ I thought this would go with Hughton, PRESS YOU LAZY B@STARDS!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

and if you can''t do that then go back to good old man marking

[quote user="HELVEG26"]How important is the first game of the season? Disapointing to see so many players not in the squad, we could have put out a really strong first 11. Obviously some players dont see their futures here so I can see it being a while before the squad settles down. Does not bode well for a good start to the season.

Still strange setup today, would have liked to have seen a 442, going back to basics with crossing balls into the box.[/quote]

Judging by recent history not very. However today is certainly asking a lot of questions

I am going to cringe with the interviews this week !! we want to worry about why no improvement over a whole pre season !

not all that players talking bull$hit about we owe the fans , we had good spells against wolves ! know how to do this that and other then play like this !

[quote user="ncfctilidie1080"]After the last 5 games of dross that he had last season you would have thought if Adams really wanted this he would have come out and made a statement of intent. Instead he''s let Wolves dictate the game to him. We can make all the excuses again (shouldn''t have been a yellow card, Fer is out injured etc etc). But the sad fact is we have looked woeful and uninspired. He has to show he is the man to take us forward and it''s not happening yet. At least McNally will get his bonus from the parachute payments[/quote]No.

this has been so bad, you could easily make a case for as many as 9 changes for next week (injuries permitting)

Ruddy

Martin Bennett Turner Garrido

Tettey

O''Neil Fer

Howson

Lafferty Hooper

time to come clean about the Fer and Bassong situations....if theyre on our payroll, we''ve got to play them?

On the plus side, we''re unlikely to lose any of our `star'' players on today''s performances.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]this has been so bad, you could easily make a case for as many as 9 changes for next week (injuries permitting)

Ruddy

Martin Bennett Turner Garrido

Tettey

O''Neil Fer

Howson

Lafferty Hooper

time to come clean about the Fer and Bassong situations....if theyre on our payroll, we''ve got to play them?[/quote] surely the biggest change has to be no diamond - we have looked woefully exposed at times because we are so narrow

Hopefully we will get a honest post match assessment from Adams rather than ''we were just getting into our stride when the sending off happened which obviously changed the game'' ..... Wonder which one we will get ??

Fuzzar wrote the following post at 10/08/2014 5:47 PM:

On the plus side, we''re unlikely to lose any of our `star'' players on today''s performances.

On the minus side we appear to have no star players!

Could any one of us have predicted a more awful display?

I know it is very early days, but I had my doubts about Adams at the end of last season.

Not one meaningful attempt at goal against a side who are not that good and played league one last season.

We have a complete duffer on our hands. Thank you Delia & Co.

If anybody wants to contradict my stance from today''s embarrassing performance then now is your chance.

Not one  shot on target in the whole match. I A nightmare come true.

Everything that I hoped wouldn''t happen today, pretty much has happened. Absolute garbage from start to end

Bad tactics, team selection, performance,inability to change things quick enough, even the kit looks rubbish.

Seriously though this can''t be let to go on too long

Or else well be in the championship for years.

Is Neil Lennon still looking for a job?

Sadly all to predictable ... And worryingly all the major issues of last season still very intact ... Major changes in club required to change it round...