Sign in to follow this  
the bristol nest

Wolves thread

So disappointing.

Midfield look like strangers, Grabban looks pissed off & everyone else looks laboured & disinterested.

We are making Wolves look like World beaters.

Need changes at half time, we can''t be as bad as that in the second half can we?

Same old same old. Doesn''t matter who we stick up front, they''re going to suffer from a lack of supply. Poor Grabban must be wondering why he bothered. Hopefully Adams realises this aint good enough and changes things up!!!!

I thought we had sacked Hughton. Doesn''t seem like it on that first half. I''ll take the point now. Some good passing play until a creative forward pass is required.

This is unsurprisingly awful. Adams looking like he''s continuing as he left off last season. Nothing different from Hughton''s abominable reign. Shocking. Would take comfort in the fact we have players like Hooper, Pilkington, and Fer to come back into the side but that''s not going to happen.

Well, I''ve just stuck a pony on us to win at 9/4, so we''re obviously going to play better second half.

People familiar with the Shyster will know I''m seldom wrong.

Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . . wrote the following post at 10/08/2014 4:52 PM:

This is unsurprisingly awful. Adams looking like he''s continuing as he left off last season. Nothing different from Hughton''s abominable reign. Shocking. Would take comfort in the fact we have players like Hooper, Pilkington, and Fer to come back into the side but that''s not going to happen.

-------------------

careful, Brienne will be after ya!

We might as well be playing with 9 men, Surman and Johnson have been a complete waste of space, they''ve offered nothing!

Redmond still isn''t ready for first team football even at this level, he has no end product whatsoever and always makes the wrong decision, I''d just sell to be honest and use the money to get a couple of useful players.

Whittaker is giving possibly his worst performance for us so far

Turner has been excellent though, Ollson''s been okay, got a feeling he''s gonna get sent off though.

We''re too small, too slow, too weak, too lazy at times and we pass like a league 2 team. We NEED about 4 new players

[quote user="Adnams Out"]Not impressed with Grabban. Typical kick and rush game despite Adams'' promises to play the Norwich way.[/quote]Good to see you back Waveney, thought you''d added another ban to your collection. [:D]

It''s the lack of shape, organisation and apparent lack of any idea in what they are trying to do that is the most worrying. All summer to get it right and this is what we get ... Appreciate we can''t expect to turn up and roll these teams over ( I certainly don''t anyway) but we should be doing a darn site better than that

Jeez ...................... give them a break, first game of the season, we are away and everyone just a bit off the pace but its 0-0 and they haven''t had a shot on target yet either.

It''s not an excuse and we are dire but I feel that the ball is holding up and not running on. Whether that''s down to long grass, a wet pitch or some other factor it seems to be working in Wolves favour. Maybe a tactical ploy?

Or maybe I need to take these rose tinted glasses off

don''t be too down people, its only been 45mins, I know we''ve looked poor, but it can''t get any worse with the players that we''ve got.

Comments about Grabban are harsh, he has been working very hard imo, the problem is we need more bite in the middle of the park (possibly Tettey and Lafferty subs) to take the pressure off a bit then we can start to get a grip on this game.

Well, that''s Plan A fooked, now for Neil''s famous Plan B - or even Plan C!Did anybody seriously expect things to be any different?

All Adams needs to do is switch to a 4-2-3-1. Put Redmond on the left, Bennett on the right, and I reckon our performance will increase dramatically. 

Really poor first half. It is the first game of the season but even still we look weak in midfield and struggling to create. Would like to see Redmond on the wing, Lafferty on and getting some crosses into him and Grabban.

Also shame no Fer, we could really have done with him today instead of a very average Surman.

In just 45 mins most peoples we are going to walk the league predictions have gone up in smoke . Grabban looks as poor as Ricky ever did , Redmond is still no better a level lower (let Stoke have him if they want him) and our attacking manager is no more attacking than Hughton .

Think I would go 4-4-1-1 with Tettey coming on in the middle with Johnson to add some bite. Push Redmond out wide

[quote user="Molly Windley"]Jeez ...................... give them a break, first game of the season, we are away and everyone just a bit off the pace but its 0-0 and they haven''t had a shot on target yet either.[/quote]

Well said

Relax guys, it''s the first 45 mins of the season and we are up against a very motivated Wolves side. I expect NA to change things at half time. Our bench could well be the difference.

Shite, soddin'' awful.

Congratulations Mr. Adams you, with the connivance of our illustrious Board have managed to reduce our team to mid-table, Championship, level in the space of a few months.

We have not tested their goalkeeper once in forty five minutes. Disjointed, no pattern or purpose against a side who were League One last season.

So lightweight and ineffective in midfield (is Andrew Surman actually playing?)

Not one genuine effort on goal.

Unbelievably awful. Thank goodness that we have been fairly solid defensively because we possess no attacking threat whatsoever.

Wolves are poor, we are poorer. I am reminded of the Peter Grant days.

Put Redmond on the wing, and Bennett for that matter. Get some threat at least. You have Lafferty.

So many lightweights fiddling around in the middle of the park and getting NOWHERE.

First half in and the nobheads are out in force. No wonder proper supporters are leaving this forum.

So far, boring.

Second half can''t get much worse or I will paint a wall and watch it dry instead.

lincoln canary wrote the following post at 10/08/2014 4:56 PM:

Absolutely nothing in midfield. Bennett not good enough in the diamond, BJ can''t anchor, and Wes getting dragged all over.

----------------------------

we don''t quite have the players to have an effective diamond. BJ isn''t fox so he can tackle a bit, but he can''t find the pass, bennett on the right is used to getting chalk on his boots, yet is told to play like andrew crofts did when he was here. I think we need to make the best of what players we have because we''ve got an array of talent, yet we''re trying to force them into a system they''re not used to.