Sign in to follow this  
kirku

Pilkington Seemingly Unhappy

Pilkington has just rebuffed Neil Adams'' claims that he didn''t train on Friday due to a ''niggle''. From his twitter he said to Paddy Davitt, ''just to clarify mate no niggle been fully fit all pre-season..''

This doesn''t bode well.

I''d be pretty unhappy not even being in the squad whilst couldn''t hit a barn door with a banjo Redmond plays week in week out

Was about to post something to this exact effect. Guess he''s not in the plans, but not great to see the manager being liberal with the truth. Not too sure what to make of this one, if he''s just out of favour, why couldn''t Adams have said so, as he did with Bassong and Becchio?

He is out now for 6 weeks after straining his thumb typing that twitter reply.

Utterly ridiculous, the best winger at the club by a country mile and he''s being phased out. Welcome to the Adams era. I imagine Hooper will be in for similar treatment. Amateur hour has returned to Norwich City once again, courtesy of the cook.

I think its obvious Adams wanted RVW out of the club and rightly so. But he was covering himself in case it didn''t happen and we could still use him!

As for Pilkington he had a poor season last time around and is very injury prone. Although on his hes very good and I hope there isn''t a problem!

and says a lot of the lack of respect / fear he has of adams by announcing it on social media ! can you imagine fergie after that !

[quote user="norfolkngood"]and says a lot of the lack of respect / fear he has of adams by announcing it on social media ! can you imagine fergie after that ![/quote]

So its OK for Adams to lie about the situation but not OK for Pilks to tell the truth?

all managers say that ''he''s got a bit of a niggle'' if he''s been left out. If pilks has a problem twitter probably isn''t the best place to announce it otherwise you end up looking like a peni$

The club is cracking up. Time for Delia to hand the keys over, otherwise we''ll be headed for another stint in Division 3.

there''s something fundamentally wrong when after 6 weeks of pre-season we can go into the first game of the season with Bassong,Fer,Pilkington,Becchio,Lafferty,Tettey,Howson and Hooper all seemingly unavaible for selection for the starting XI?

Not saying who is right or wrong but why does everyone assume Pilks is telling 100 % truth & NA is lying.

Pilks was also making cryptic remarks under Hughton that he hoped he would be deemed fit enough to play the next week. Perhaps his view of his fitness & the medical staff at Carrow Road differ. Personally I think he has been dire for over a year.

Adams is nothing more than a yes man. He is effectively a puppet on a string for McNally, who has been frightened off bigger characters than himself after the Lambert debacle.

While McNally is still at the club we will never progress again. If we were serious at wanting to come straight back up with would of gone with Mackay who has a proven track record at this level.

[quote user="Jenkins"]Cheer yourselves up lads and go and have a look at the moon, brightest for ages, will bring a smile to your faces![/quote]

Had a look because of you and I do admit, it is a lovely view

[quote user="Hannibal II"]Adams is nothing more than a yes man. He is effectively a puppet on a string for McNally, who has been frightened off bigger characters than himself after the Lambert debacle.

While McNally is still at the club we will never progress again. If we were serious at wanting to come straight back up with would of gone with Mackay who has a proven track record at this level.[/quote]

What this says. McNally is the rot.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]there''s something fundamentally wrong when after 6 weeks of pre-season we can go into the first game of the season with Bassong,Fer,Pilkington,Becchio,Lafferty,Tettey,Howson and Hooper all seemingly unavaible for selection for the starting XI?[/quote]Players aren''t allowed to pick up injuries then?  Or not allowed to get to the Semi Finals of a World Cup and then get married?

People seem to be trying to look to hard into things almost like they want Adams to fail! I have looked through Adams quotes (although very briefly) and it seems he was talking about Hooper and Pilks at the same time, and all he said was Pilks didnt train Friday but travelled down, he then started talking about Hooper so maybe he was misquoted by inadequate journos??? But I would hate to support my teams manager or anything

[quote user="Year of the tiger"]Perhaps his view of his fitness & the medical staff at Carrow Road differ.[/quote]Yes, because apparently they claim to know more about his fitness than the player himself...Only Pilks knows 100% if he''s carrying a knock or a niggle, and whilst he might lie about this to get a game, it would only be counter-productive for him in the long run and I doubt he''d do it.Let''s face it, he was excellent for us for the majority of the 1st season back under PL, struggled with injuries and form the season after, then got ostracized by Hughton the following season (along with other supposed ''knocks''). He now finds himself back to full fitness and looking forward to playing in what is meant to be a fast, attacking system which would be ideal for him, and he instead gets left out of the squad whilst cloggers like Johnson are playing - wouldn''t you be f**ked off as well???