Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Wazzy's Ref Watch

Could be interesting this season.

Even though I (and everybody else!) moans about the Refs in the Premier League, this season will be a different kettle of fish.

Look at today, Simon Hooper allowed 2 Wolves challenges that were worthy of yellow cards go. We should have had a free kick in the move just before Olsson''s first yellow and booking Martin for handball after clearly being fouled was laughable.

5 yellows from 10 fouls is impressive and Olsson could yet face further punishment for ''pushing'' Hooper.

As I said Ref Watch could be interesting this year

He did also wave away a penalty lets not forget when Turner had his arm in the air so its not all bad from our point of view. Olsson deserved what he got for two bookable offences, wolves should''ve had more bookings, but no real big decisions he got wrong I feel apart from the Turner one luckily, however the refereeing in general like you say will be interesting.

He was definitely unfit and Wolves should have had two players booked. Stearman when cynically taking out Bennett (who instead got a joke and a cuddle) and Dicko (I think) who was super late on Martin. You could understand that if he would let our first couple go as well, but then Olsson gets a yellow for a challenge that wasn''t as bad as their two.

They should have had a penalty too though so I think he was just incompetent all round.

I felt it certainly wasn''t a penalty, but I was at the ground and so didn''t have a replay to look at.  The ref wasn''t bad on the actual decisions IMO but where he showed clear bias was in the yellow cards, where he let some very heavy Wolves challenges go with just fouls early on and did he ever give a card to a Wolves player ?  And both Olsson''s card were soft, which decided the game in the end - Olsson had kept in charge of their speedy winger but a couple of minutes after he was sent off, he got in the cross that they scored from.

And I agree with the OP 100% - Prem refs have their problems such as a bias in favour of the big teams and big name players, but they''re much better than the Champ standard ones.

And lets be honest, a ''professional'' referee should never be as ''rotund'' as that gentleman was yesterday.

this was refereeing by ''quota''the Stearman challenge on Bennett was far worse than Olsson''s first challengethe wolves keeper brought down a city player in the box with no penalty being givenunfortunately this kind of ''erratic'' refereeing will be more frequent this season - more so as the effects via deciding games will be more noticableexpect much more of this

I''m not even sure either of Olsson''s fouls were actually worthy of being given, yet alone yellow cards. It was an absolutely blatant foul before his first anyway.

Poor, inconsistent refereeing.