Sign in to follow this  
Kingston Yellow

Perspective anyone?

- We lost 1 - 0. (ONE - NIL). Away from home. With 10 men for most of the second half.

- Clearly our midfield was completely out battled in the first half. We were out fought and out muscled. I didn''t see that coming. But we hung on and got to half time all square.

- We''d started to pin Wolves back in the period leading up to the sending off.

- Unfortunately, we lacked experience and quality in front of goal. If we’d had a Holt-esque type player in there, harrying, bustling and holding players off and creating space, chances are we’d have scored from that spell of pressure. Instead, we had Redmond looking flustered, Hoolahan getting brushed aside and no one taking ownership and having the balls or composure to burry the ball in the back of the net.

- Queue the sending off and the game changes completely.

I''m not a happy clapper. Adams got things wrong yesterday. Personally, I wouldn''t have appointed him in the first place. But some (most) of the reactions on this message board yesterday and today are embarrassing.

Get some perspective.

Adams was given an impossible job at the end of last season. Alex Ferguson wouldn''t have faired much better. So measuring Adams'' credentials based on the run of games at the end of last season is frankly ridiculous.

Let''s assess Adams'' performance in 10 games time when he''s played a few competitive games and had chance to get to grips with the job, the players and his back room team. If we continue to shape up like we did yesterday with players out of position and our midfield completely overrun, then by all means, get on the manager''s back.

In the meantime, the people who should really be under the microscope are McNally and Co.

It seems to me that they mismanaged Lambert, presumably having had their fingers burned by working with someone who wouldn''t take any cr@p. The upshot being that one of the best managers we''ve ever had was allowed to leave the club. And don''t tell me that an ambitious transfer budget and a nice fat pay rise wouldn''t have encouraged him to stay. Then they completely screwed up with Hughton. Kept the faith when every punter in the ground could see we were heading for relegation. How he kept his job after the Man City game is criminal.

Subsequently at the end of last season, they come out with some PR rubbish where we''re expected to believe that they''d scoured Europe for a manager to replace Hughton last January, but that there was no one available. Yet 2 weeks later, they appoint Adams - who already worked at the club last January when apparently no one suitable was available.

Do they take us for idiots?

Since then, there''s been minimal investment in the squad and we''re still hanging onto players that we either don''t want or we intend to sell at a premium. All in all it''s pretty clear to me that Adams has been appointed as a ''yes man.'' He reports to a management board who presumably critique every decision he makes as well as telling him which players he needs to get rid of (a la RVW). Presumably, this sort of structure is exactly why we''ve ended up with Adams rather than a Lambert / Malky type manager.

Time will tell whether Adams is a capable manager or not - assuming he''s given the autonomy to do the job as he sees fit. In the meantime, I hope fans start to direct some of their frustrations at the real decision makers at the club rather than the manager, who seems to have been given an impossible job, a trivial transfer budget and a pre-season schedule that would befit an Under 14s football tour.

Here''s perspective:

WE GOT EMBARRASSED AND COMPLETELY OUTPLAYED BY ONE OF THE 2 WORST TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE.

[quote user="jaemae2"]Here''s perspective:

WE GOT EMBARRASSED AND COMPLETELY OUTPLAYED BY ONE OF THE 2 WORST TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE.[/quote]Why do you ALWAYS SHOUT Maccy?

I''ve got to say jaemae, you''re persistent. I don''t think anyone has been even slightly taken in by you, but if at first you don''t succeed then troll and troll again right?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="jaemae2"]Here''s perspective:

WE GOT EMBARRASSED AND COMPLETELY OUTPLAYED BY ONE OF THE 2 WORST TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE.[/quote]Why do you ALWAYS SHOUT Maccy?[/quote]

It helps to do so when dealing with people with an IQ of 35 tops.

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="jaemae2"]Here''s perspective:

WE GOT EMBARRASSED AND COMPLETELY OUTPLAYED BY ONE OF THE 2 WORST TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE.[/quote]Why do you ALWAYS SHOUT Maccy?[/quote]

It helps to do so when dealing with people with an IQ of 35 tops.[/quote]I know what you mean Maccy, those with a low IQ struggle with the quote function for example. [:D]