Sign in to follow this  
portman_king

Welcome back

• Too many players playing with the same mentality of last season for you lot.
  • Why you opted to appoint someone from within and expect that mentality to change is anyone''s guess. Surely you need someone to really grab the club by the balls and give it a shake a la Lambert?
  • Redmond is so overrated, if he didn''t have pace he''d be stacking shelves at Tesco.
  • Lafferty - arguably the player you''ve signed most suited to the Championship - left on the bench?
  • Olsson walked around the pitch like the big ''I am'' all match - arrogance seeping in?
  • You''ll be there or thereabouts I''m sure but I think and hope this would be a big reality check for many of you (yes, you City1st). Talk of ''why should we be humble?'' is nonsense. If you AREN''T humble in this league and treat each game on its merits you''ll be punished.

See you in a fortnight.

Agree with all of that. See you in a fortnight where I think we will have vastly improved on this dross.

[quote user="JF"]Agree with all of that. See you in a fortnight where I think we will have vastly improved on this dross.[/quote]I''m sure it''ll be a good game regardless of your form on 23rd - it goes out of the window on derby days.Wolves fully deserved winners red card or no red card today though.

Wolves were the deserved winners but just before the red card we had started to up the tempo and should have taken the lead. The red was the defining moment in the match but the majority of the play was no where near the standard expected up till then. Adams needs to get back to basics, starting with playing players in their positions. Nothing is won or lost in the first weekend.

and look who has just crawled out of the woodworkthe binboy who has been hiding for some whilenow why that might be............... can''t afford a cat 1, Evans has made off with the Creswell money, poorman road has 13,000 empty seats yeasterday and cannot fill the ground for their own cup finalstill he has one good pointa defeat on the first game will mean certain failure as it did against Colchester and Watford

poor old donkey

Poor as we were we would have beaten Fulham on yesterdays showing, they were truly shocking. Don''t gloat too much just yet binboy....

To be fair despite being a scummer not sure I disagreed with a great deal there.

Lafferty does look our best attacking threat judged by that limited evidence.

i think we will be ok but only think now rather than being convinced

[quote user="City1st"]and look who has just crawled out of the woodworkthe binboy who has been hiding for some whilenow why that might be............... can''t afford a cat 1, Evans has made off with the Creswell money, poorman road has 13,000 empty seats yeasterday and cannot fill the ground for their own cup finalstill he has one good pointa defeat on the first game will mean certain failure as it did against Colchester and Watford

poor old donkey

[/quote]I haven''t been hiding at all. I like the fact you always have to turn my NCFC threads onto ITFC - inferiority complex much?Let''s face it, although we might have made some mistakes in recent years, we''re at least steadying the ship now and rectifying them. We''ve got an excellent, experienced management team with a proven track record, one of the most respected academy coaches back at the helm of our academy and our most ''together'' squad for a decade.But let''s get back to discussing Norwich:You played like a Hootun team this afternoon. I''m afraid this was always going to happen when you a) kept hold of so many of the players that let you down last season and b) appointed a rookie youth coach from within.Is it coming home to roost yet that some of your players may not be all they''re cracked up to be? Redmond for one, is utter tripe. Runs down blind alleys, always makes the wrong decision and never looks on the same wavelength as the rest of your team. He can''t be worth any more than 4-5m in my opinion.Your team is not set up for the Championship. There''s no spine to the team. Your entire midfield looked powder puff in a dated diamond formation. Unfortunately for you guys, Neyul has hung his hat on Hoolahan it seems as he''s offered him a new 2 year deal, so the diamond will be around for a long time yet it seems.Then there''s the issue of players not wanting to be there. Olsson played like a big time charlie today while the likes of Bassong, Fer and Hooper are nowhere to be seen. If Adams is to be successful at all at Norwich he needs to rid the club of its bad apples fast. I see Pilkington''s taken to Twitter tonight too - they all think they can walk over Neyul, I''m sure he''s like a mate to them on the training field. It all smacks of when ITFC took the cheap option and appointed Magilton.There''s also no character or personality to the team anymore. As much as it pains me to say it, the likes of Holt managed to rile the opposition and the opposition fans and drive the team forward singlehandedly. I don''t see any of that from any of your current crop.It''s all very bland, pedestrian and staid.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Poor as we were we would have beaten Fulham on yesterdays showing, they were truly shocking. Don''t gloat too much just yet binboy....[/quote]Are you sure about that? Because I think Norwich v Fulham right now would be 0-0 with no shots on target, such was the lack of penetration from both sides this weekend.

[quote user="portman_king"]

[/quote]

Yup. Too comfortable. Needs a shake up.

today was bad news for you lot......because in 2 weeks time we may have worked out how to pick a side with the best players in their best positions..............I''m guessing your missing 10k fans from yesterday will have saved up sufficiently in time to crawl out of the woodwork by then for your "cup final" ??

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="portman_king"]

[/quote]

Yup. Too comfortable. Needs a shake up.

[/quote]It really does, and that''s coming from an Ipswich fan. I don''t see how you can expect 80-90% of the players who let you all down last season to all of a sudden develop a winning mentality and bounce right back. It takes an overhaul of players and bringing in ones with the right mentality to even challenge for the top 6 these days.You''ve gone out and handed a 32-year-old Hoolahan a new two-year deal FFS. This is the guy who called you a ''Shithouse club'' back in Jan! He''s no spring chicken either, he''s not going to be able to run games like he possibly used to 4-5 years ago. Nor can you build an entire formation around him, because that diamond system today was flimsy at best.I think in the 3 years since Norwich have been out of the division the Championship has become even tougher to call.

[quote user="JF"]Wolves were the deserved winners but just before the red card we had started to up the tempo and should have taken the lead. The red was the defining moment in the match but the majority of the play was no where near the standard expected up till then. Adams needs to get back to basics, starting with playing players in their positions. Nothing is won or lost in the first weekend.[/quote]

Pretty much agree with all of that JF. Get back to basics and if we have a stronger squad then the results will come. Just feel he is over thinking it at the moment.

But he is a rookie manager and has got the job presumably by talking the talk. So he probably feels under pressure to do make the changes.

Hopefully he will yet come good and with experience realise that doing the simple things well is the foundation of success.

So come on Neil show us you can walk the walk!

P.K makes some good points. The players that let us down last year are still there. Perhaps maybe they are not good enough and a clean sweep is needed. They all looked very complacent today.

''clean sweep'' -what like cardiff and fulham have done and just bought a bunch of cr@p except a good championship striker....no thanks

let''s have a look at what cort wanking was telling us last time we began a season in the Championship

"Operation Premiership is still very much on the go, it''s just City folk

who are trying to make themselves believe we aren''t going to be

challenging." you weren''t, and it was us who went up

"For a club supposedly on the brink of meltdown you''d have thought

we''d have been in the market for bargain basements such as Ruddy not

Fulop."  Bargain basement, eh binboy ?

"Eh?! My ill-educated Norfolk bredren.... Fulop is aged 27 and will

certainly have his best years ahead of him including definite re-sale

value! Win-win!"  whereas in reality he left on a free at the end of that season

"Yeah, jeez, so much so Everton were really busting a gut to hold onto

this future England hope. Best keeper in the SPL?! Sheesh, praise

indeed...You do realise that Fulop is just the start of our new

signings? Wickham will be a miss but it will do us good not to rely on a

player who is a GENUINE England hope..." and the end of the signings as Evans trousered the money from the sale of the boy blunder (see accounts).. and Ruddy played for England, spotty hasn''t

", I know you like to think you''re just going to waltz to the Pride of Anglia tag this year but write us off at your peril." we did waltz to automatic promotion, you just dodged relegation

all from the same thread as well

and there''s plenty more where these rural dimwits bleat out more idiotic guff

however, be warned have your fun whilst you can canaries as once we start winning again and the paupers return to their usual failing standards cortwanking will be off as fast as sheepshanks when the creditors came to call

[quote user="City1st"]let''s have a look at what cort wanking was telling us last time we began a season in the Championship

"Operation Premiership is still very much on the go, it''s just City folk

who are trying to make themselves believe we aren''t going to be

challenging." you weren''t, and it was us who went up

"For a club supposedly on the brink of meltdown you''d have thought

we''d have been in the market for bargain basements such as Ruddy not

Fulop."  Bargain basement, eh binboy ?

"Eh?! My ill-educated Norfolk bredren.... Fulop is aged 27 and will

certainly have his best years ahead of him including definite re-sale

value! Win-win!"  whereas in reality he left on a free at the end of that season

"Yeah, jeez, so much so Everton were really busting a gut to hold onto

this future England hope. Best keeper in the SPL?! Sheesh, praise

indeed...You do realise that Fulop is just the start of our new

signings? Wickham will be a miss but it will do us good not to rely on a

player who is a GENUINE England hope..." and the end of the signings as Evans trousered the money from the sale of the boy blunder (see accounts).. and Ruddy played for England, spotty hasn''t

", I know you like to think you''re just going to waltz to the Pride of Anglia tag this year but write us off at your peril." we did waltz to automatic promotion, you just dodged relegation

all from the same thread as well

and there''s plenty more where these rural dimwits bleat out more idiotic guff

however, be warned have your fun whilst you can canaries as once we start winning again and the paupers return to their usual failing standards cortwanking will be off as fast as sheepshanks when the creditors came to call

[/quote]There we go again - sidestepping what this thread is actually about.How about you talk NCFC with me for a change City1st? Or do you prefer to talk ITFC?

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="JF"]Agree with all of that. See you in a fortnight where I think we will have vastly improved on this dross.[/quote]I''m sure it''ll be a good game regardless of your form on 23rd - it goes out of the window on derby days.Wolves fully deserved winners red card or no red card today though.[/quote]

Can''t argue with you''re comment matey.......and the worry for me is that this teams core has become soft and don''t know how to stir up passion. We have no leaders and if we ....no when we go a goal down heads drop, there''s no reaction.

Not looking forward to the next 3 games.

The obsession with all things Norwich City by Shanty Town F.C. supporters continues.

They involve themselves far more in our affairs than vice versa and continually demonstrate such a complete and thorough knowledge of our players and club that it could sometimes put the average Canary supporter to shame.

They always pop up when we lose (including this particular deluded muppet.) Always.TWTD is, as usual swamped with post after post about Norwich City following yesterday''s disappointment.

I hardly recall much mention of them on here, although City1st usually and admirably makes up for our general indifference.

It is an absolute obsessiveness with us, their rivals, which is rarely demonstrated on this forum, whereby I doubt half of us could even name half of the eleven they fielded on Saturday.

It all speaks volumes to me.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]The obsession with all things Norwich City by Shanty Town F.C. supporters continues.

They involve themselves far more in our affairs than vice versa and continually demonstrate such a complete and thorough knowledge of our players and club that it could sometimes put the average Canary supporter to shame.

They always pop up when we lose (including this particular deluded muppet.) Always.TWTD is, as usual swamped with post after post about Norwich City following yesterday''s disappointment.

I hardly recall much mention of them on here, although City1st usually and admirably makes up for our general indifference.

It is an absolute obsessiveness with us, their rivals, which is rarely demonstrated on this forum, whereby I doubt half of us could even name half of the eleven they fielded on Saturday.

It all speaks volumes to me.[/quote]And it is that arrogance that you ''can''t name half of our XI'' that will see your team struggle if they''re of a similar mindset.Delusions of grandeur. A team of passionless, limp individuals that haven''t been consistently able to win games of football for 18 months+Your club needed a shake-up this summer and instead your board opted to maintain the status quo and promote from in, taking the easy route out.

[quote user="portman_king"]Delusions of grandeur. A team of passionless, limp individuals that haven''t been consistently able to win games of football for 18 months+Your club needed a shake-up this summer and instead your board opted to maintain the status quo and promote from in, taking the easy route out.[/quote]It''s hard to argue with the first of those two sentences, PK. The facts are there, though there have been plenty of people much nearer Carrow Rd than you who''ve been ignoring it and sweeping it under the carpet for several months now.As for your second sentence...well, time will tell. I have my views and suspicions on this, but am content for the moment,to see how things pan out, just as you lot are having to do with Mc Carthy.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="portman_king"]Delusions of grandeur. A team of passionless, limp individuals that haven''t been consistently able to win games of football for 18 months+Your club needed a shake-up this summer and instead your board opted to maintain the status quo and promote from in, taking the easy route out.[/quote]It''s hard to argue with the first of those two sentences, PK. The facts are there, though there have been plenty of people much nearer Carrow Rd than you who''ve been ignoring it and sweeping it under the carpet for several months now.As for your second sentence...well, time will tell. I have my views and suspicions on this, but am content for the moment,to see how things pan out, just as you lot are having to do with Mc Carthy.[/quote]It''s very easy to sweep it under the carpet and hope things will turn out alright again.That''s what Wolves tried to do when they came down - putting faith (bizarrely) in the useless oafs who failed to inspire themselves to stay up in the top flight - and look where that got them?Football is very, very cyclical and perhaps you''ve had your moment in the sun for a while. It''s very hard in modern football to build year-on-year. The clamour for instant success means that''s just not possible. Your club have given Adams a 3-year contract so I reckon you''ll have to be content and see how things pan out at least for 6-12 months. Surely they wouldn''t hire and fire so quickly as 10 games in? As for McCarthy, we''re not waiting to see how things pan out with him, we''re extremely lucky to have him and Terry Connor - one of the best management teams in the division who have brought the pride back in our team. He''s just signed a new 3-year deal and committed his future to the club.

[quote user="portman_king"] As for McCarthy, we''re not waiting to see how things pan out with him, we''re extremely lucky to have him and Terry Connor - one of the best management teams in the division who have brought the pride back in our team. He''s just signed a new 3-year deal and committed his future to the club.[/quote]Well, as I say. Time will tell. For you as well as us. You will only be able to say if MM and TC are ''one of the best management teams in the division'' if they produce the goods . I''d agree pride is important but it means nothing if you are not challenging. So if and when you are consistently in the top six, then you might be justified in making sweeping statements like that. Until such time, then you are not.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="portman_king"] As for McCarthy, we''re not waiting to see how things pan out with him, we''re extremely lucky to have him and Terry Connor - one of the best management teams in the division who have brought the pride back in our team. He''s just signed a new 3-year deal and committed his future to the club.[/quote]Well, as I say. Time will tell. For you as well as us. You will only be able to say if MM and TC are ''one of the best management teams in the division'' if they produce the goods . I''d agree pride is important but it means nothing if you are not challenging. So if and when you are consistently in the top six, then you might be justified in making sweeping statements like that. Until such time, then you are not.[/quote]But MM and TC ARE a proven team. They''ve been there and done it with Sunderland and Wolves at this level. They know what it takes to get players playing for them and the shirt. Their teams may not be wholly easy on the eye but they''ll work and work and work.I agree that in terms of us, he''s not won anything yet, but when you consider the position we were in post-Jewell, MM has worked wonders.Adams may turn out to be a good manager, but I can''t help feeling going straight in at a Championship club will be a step too soon for him. However, there was no way he was going to turn down the chance to be your manager.

oh dear, poor old cortwan  kingnot happy having his previous drivel posted up, as it''s a sure way of qualifying his present pile of twaddleso maybe he will tell us how ipswich town football club company limited is not a seperate legal entity as he did then - repeatedlyor -"That''s what Wolves tried to do when they came down - putting faith

(bizarrely) in the useless oafs who failed to inspire themselves to stay

up in the top flight - and look where that got them?"

who signed those oafs (for wolves) in the first place

RIPswich  

[quote user="portman_king"]
  • Redmond is so overrated, if he didn''t have pace he''d be stacking shelves at Tesco.
[/quote]No doubt putting each tin way over the top of the shelf, on the wrong shelf completely, or going down a blind alley and falling over in front of the fire exit.

The OP is making some salient points, but sadly many on here can only see things through delia tinted spectacles.

[quote user="Adnams Out"]The OP is making some salient points, but sadly many on here can only see things through delia tinted spectacles.[/quote]It''s obvious you''d agree with a binner Waveney, Maybe you should change your name to ''Orwell'' when you open your next account...