Sign in to follow this  
chuggs

Bassong Should be recalled to squad

I would like to start a post on Bassong being recalled to the starting 11, in my opinion he is the best centre back by far in the club. I do feel strongly about this please just post a brief opinion and a YES or NO as to if you agree.

Hard to say without knowing where his head is, but if he wants to play, then yes absolutely. He''s one of our best two CB''s by some distance.

What Beagle said.

If it''s true his attitude stinks, then he''s poison.

We have no way of knowing the truth of the situation, but if his ostracisation is solely because he has upset our Neil then this sort of thing bodes badly for the future and hopefully there is not a whiff of our Glen about it all.

Pilkingtongate doesn''t help either, and what on earth is going on with Luciano?

Three good players left out for reasons other than injury. Add to that Fer''s extended holiday and the Club is being heavily short-changed if yesterday''s performance is the best our manager can come up with.

There are a few messy undercurrents at the Club which disturb me. Yesterday didn''t help.

We have no way of knowing the truth of the situation, but we''re going to speculate negatively anyway? :)

."]We have no way of knowing the truth of the situation, but we''re going to speculate negatively anyway?"

OK. let''s brush it all under the carpet and assume everything is right in the State of NCFC. when it clearly is not.

Neil and Sebastien are the best friends really, it''s just that Neil doesn''t rate him.

Our Ant didn''t really Tweet that, it was one of those imposters.

Has Becchio a ''niggle'' too?

Happy now?

He has the ability but his head wasn''t right last season and there''s obviously something going on behind the scenes irrespective of how good he''ll be in the championship.

Lets be honest here bassong isn''t being left out for ability. Apparently made it clear along with becchio & Jonas that wasn''t happy with the appointment and lack of experience.

No reason why Ryan Bennett isn''t nailed on the 2nd CB spot, deserves it in my opinion. Couple of horror shows against Suarez but I''d say that''s excusable.

"Apparently made it clear along with becchio & Jonas that wasn''t happy with the appointment and lack of experience."

And at the moment there''s a chance that they might have been right all along.

Players like Bassong disgust me. They are the reason we are in this mess. They could at least help out and showcase there talents in the championship until the big offers come in for them. I hope hes getting fined weekly.

I wonder if we had someone in charge like a Lennon how he would deal with them. Would any stay for him given his reputation over Adams?

After yesterday it is obvious there are quite alot of problems behind the scenes. It is hard to see us improving on the pitch for a weeks yet. Maybe when the window closes after there has been the final ins and outs.

[quote user="splutcho"]Why does he disgust you? You have no proof as to why he''s out of the team. None. Zilch.[/quote]

I meant ofcourse if he is refusing to play. It is hard to believe that bassong, howson, fer, pilks, hoops and becchio all have injuries at the moment. Yes Fer had the world cup and got married but surely he could still play 60 minutes. If I am wrong I apologise but it is obvious things are not great behind the scenes at carrow road. Look at the schneiderlin situation at the moment as a similar example. He signed a contract, Saints are a good side, he should play. None of this motivation rubbish on what footballers get paid.

BroadstairsR - who said brush everything under the carpet? But by your own admission, on the one hand you said you do not know the truth of the situation, but on the other hand suggest that Bassong has been "ostracised" and compare Adams to Roeder.

One could also speculate that Bassong has asked for a move or is refusing/not mentally fit to play.

The entire squad attitude is questionable!

No leaders, heads drop a.d it''s like they don''t know each other on the pitch.

Bring back Bassong to the bench, the club have signed Bennett for three more years, get him on and get Martin at right back. Send Whittaker back to Rangers and spand some money.

"But by your own admission, on the one hand you said you do not know the truth of the situation, but on the other hand suggest that Bassong has been "ostracised" and compare Adams to Roeder."

I.S. Perlease..

My exact words were .... "If his ostracisation etc, etc."

AND ..."hopefully there is not a whiff of our Glenn."

You have twisted my words somewhat good sir.

We are allowed to speculate after all.

Ok, Indy. Who do we buy?Want some more crap fire works from Holland?Or some more crocked Scandinavians?How about some more sulky Irishmen?I dont understand why people want to throw money around and buy buy buy. Just look at Hull, we practically robbed them for Snodgrass. £8m thank you very very much!!

Now, despite his poor form for the most part of last season, I remain a fan of Bassong.....BUT..surely anyone can see that there is no chance of him playing for our first team again, and most people should understand why if they have followed events at the club .....so why would he be recalled?

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Ok, Indy. Who do we buy?Want some more crap fire works from Holland?Or some more crocked Scandinavians?How about some more sulky Irishmen?I dont understand why people want to throw money around and buy buy buy. Just look at Hull, we practically robbed them for Snodgrass. £8m thank you very very much!! [/quote]

Nexus its not down to me, I''m no scout but everyone knew Bassong was out in the cold and Yobo went back so we are short on CB.

We apparently have money and yet our scouts or target player or budget limitations have stopped us buying....who knows but the question should be aimed at the club matey not me!

yeah true enough, although BBC was reporting that Spurs are looking to offload quite a few players, a certain Mr Naughton being on that list.Although I doubt he would come back and im sure another yoyo team currently in the Prem would get dibs anyways.