Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Olsson charged

Hardly suprising after it being broadcast live on Sky. I cant answer your question but my guess would be that as it was the first game of the season, they may be tempted to make an example of him.

Don''t know. But by the look of him on Sunday, if he''s banned for a few games someone should make sure he doesn''t head back to the "All you can eat buffet" with Hooper.

What a plonker. I never understand why defenders who are the last man always seem so eager to stop the opposing player at all costs. Olsson wasn''t even going for the ball, just a silly shove in the back. The guy would still would have had to beat ruddy from a tricky angle or find the right cut-back so it was by no means a guaranteed goal. And even if it was - better a goal down with eleven on the pitch to rectify the situation than down to ten at 0-0.

Just looked up what happened to Leon Barnett who I vaguely remembered doing something equally stupid. Hadn''t expected this though:

"On 11 December 2010, against Portsmouth at Carrow Road, he conceded a penalty, for which he received his second yellow card of the match and was subsequently sent off. In protest, he threw the ball at referee Simon Hooper, which earned him an extended two-match ban from The FA."

Mr Hooper must think Delia instructs players to have a go at him.

Frankly 2 or 3 extra games out would be a good result. In most sports this behaviour would attract a much longer ban.

It should be a lot more in football but disrespect for officials is hard-wired in at all levels of the game from a very early age.

The really disappointing thing is that until now Olsson is one of the two or three players we fans were most anxious to keep.

Well done to the ref for including it in his report.

Will he also be including an explanation as to why he didn''t book Stearman earlier on in the game?

Massive inconsistency on his part.

Precisely GJP. How Stearman wasn''t booked for a rash lunge and Olsson was for a 50/50 challenge where he got a bit of the ball. I don''t know how the FA can keep defending these inconsistent referees. I hope that the above example is mentioned in Olsson''s hearing.

Fine him and put him in the reserves......Adams needs to get some discipline in the squad and not be undermined by premiership wannabes who think they are better than they are.

Separate point but one of the frustrating things was I found myself watching they guy who got him sent of-free transfer from Sweden-and thinking why after 3 seasons do none of our players take on the full backs and cross the ball effectively??!!