Hoolahan 5 very little positive passing - just the simple ball

Surman 3 barely noticeable

Grabban 4 no service but did not look that sharp

Redmond 3 shooting continues to be very poor - never took his fullback on

Lafferty 6 looked involved and could be useful

Overall seemed as if nothing has changed since the Hughton era

Ruddy 7 best player we have

Whittaker 3 not good enough

Martin 5 is he best we have for captain or CB?

Turner 5 looks sluggish too

Ollson 4 left for dead by that winger

Bennett 5 sorry, haven''t missed him

Johnson 4 absent from action

Hoolahan 5 bad game for him

Surman 3 barely noticeable

Grabban 5 - had our shot

Redmond 4 fast but headless chicken

Lafferty 6 should have been on from start

tettey 4

Garrido - 4 off the pace

Adams etc- jury out so not rated after 1 game...

How can someone say "Martin - steady not much to do"?

He HAD to win the header for their goal but when it really mattered he was nowhere near it.

Ruddy 8

Whittaker 4

Martin 5

Turner 7

Ollson 4

Bennett 4

Johnson 4

Hoolahan 4

Surman 3

Grabban 3

Redmond 5

Lafferty 6

Get R. Martin out of centre of defence.

thing that annoys me the most? you pick your best players. whether or not Adams likes him personally, or his attitude stinks, Bassong is the best centre back we have, use him!!

Seb Bassong/Ryan Bennett should be our main defence, until sold.

The defence we put out today was shocking.

Need a right back if Martin is putting on his parts about not playing there.

Ruddy 8 - our only decent playerWhittaker 4 - not up to itMartin 3 - not a CBTurner 4 - good at fouling but little elseOllson 2 - worst game in a City shirt & lost his ragBennett 3 - anonymous & disappointing  Johnson 3 - did he actually play?Hoolahan 4 - new contract, assured future, why botherSurman 3 - anonymousGrabban 3 - RVW Mark 2Redmond 1 - out of his depthLafferty 4 - looked mildly interestedTettey 4 - wrong substituionGarrido 2 - looked shaky & off the pace All I wanted was honesty - an honest attempt to win the game, an honest attempt to score goals, an honest change in attitude and intent, honest performances from all the players and an honest assessment from the Manager on the outcome of the game.In reality I got none of that.So much for all the talk about "hit the ground running", "making a mission statement" or "playing the Norwich way"The reality is that I was watching a Hughton team with Hughton aspirations

They are mostly the same players that were poor last year.Nothing has changed except the manager and two misfiring strikers for two misfiring strikers.

[quote user="GJP"]How can someone say "Martin - steady not much to do"?

He HAD to win the header for their goal but when it really mattered he was nowhere near it.[/quote]

Still believe the defence was never under much pressure and the Wolves miss near the end summed up their lack of ability up front. Wolves never carried much of a threat but they did at least ping over some crosses and during 90 mins there is always the chance they would get one right. We were "Hughton like". Never looked like scoring.

I was really looking forward to seeing us play with freedom and creating chances galore. How disappointed was I ?

When we did attack albeit infrequently it seemed there was little or no support from midfield. At one stage in first half Grabban was imploring the midfield to push up a bit more. It seemed our lack of pace at the back meant that Johnson and Surman ended up playing too deep. Oh how we missed Fer,Howson and a fit Tettey. Get those three back in plus Lafferty,Hooper and Russ Bennett maybe we will see a change in fortune........and please Norwich get Naughton back plus a centre half

First game no point going over board, Wigan won their first game 4-0 last season if I remember and under Lambert we lost to Watford first game championship and looked woeful then. Yesterday I think it was apparent that the midfield are going to have to press together and not just hope to win the ball back through oppositions misplaced passes. Also the defence is going to have to push up, playing deep will not bring attacking football. Anyway onto the next one hopefully see R Bennett back in along with Fer soon.

[quote user="Making Plans"]Ruddy 8 - our only decent playerWhittaker 4 - not up to itMartin 3 - not a CBTurner 4 - good at fouling but little elseOllson 2 - worst game in a City shirt & lost his ragBennett 3 - anonymous & disappointing  Johnson 3 - did he actually play?Hoolahan 4 - new contract, assured future, why botherSurman 3 - anonymousGrabban 3 - RVW Mark 2Redmond 1 - out of his depthLafferty 4 - looked mildly interestedTettey 4 - wrong substituionGarrido 2 - looked shaky & off the pace All I wanted was honesty - an honest attempt to win the game, an honest attempt to score goals, an honest change in attitude and intent, honest performances from all the players and an honest assessment from the Manager on the outcome of the game.In reality I got none of that.So much for all the talk about "hit the ground running", "making a mission statement" or "playing the Norwich way"The reality is that I was watching a Hughton team with Hughton aspirations[/quote]

This! Watching that yesterday was if last season had never finished and that Hughton was still in charge but instead we got beat by a league one side

Ruddy 8 -  best goalkeeper in the leagueWhittaker 5 - short of confidenceMartin 7 - will improve tooOllson 6 - unlucky and will have better gamesBennett 5 - ok but short of competitive match play Johnson 5 - why is he taking free kicks?Hoolahan 5 - not important enough to build the team aroundSurman 5 -  hope for better in future gamesGrabban 6 - will improveRedmond  5  -  still caused trouble even though wayward at timesLafferty 7 - purposeful when he came onTettey 5 -  didn''t understand why he came onGarrido 5 - ok, but short of confidence

We have Ryan Bennett, Fer, Howson, Tettey, Hooper, Pilkington to come back, plus possibly Bassong unless he is sold and replaced and O''Neil to fit in somewhere across the midfield. For the time being they are still our players so we should make use of them.

Personally I would have O''Neil playing instead of Johnson with Fer alongside him. The defence is poor at the best of times, so we need a new right back and another central defender if Bassong is leaving and even if he isn''t. Martin isn''t a good enough centre back and he would struggle to fit in my team so he shouldn''t be captain in my eyes. He may just be better than Whittaker but neither are that great. So who should be captain? Howson perhaps or O''Neil once he has settled in?

Ruddy 8

All defenders 5

Johnson Surman Hoolahan Bennett Redmond 5

Grabban 6

Lafferty put himself about when he came on and I think he deserves a start. Every one else should be working hard to keep a place in the side as there is plenty of competition for places. Whether the likes of Fer would be interested in playing for a side struggling in the Championship remains to be seen but it is early days.