Sign in to follow this  
Bomber

Today's No Show

Same old rubbish same old Norwich - did not see the Wolves keeper make one save today unless I blinked and missed it - to cap it all off Wolves were just as bad - saw no difference in the performance today than what I saw under Hughton last year when everyone was clammering for his head - if Fer was teetering on whether to stay then surely this no show from an abject Norwich side has surely made up his mind - who in their right mind would want to play for this shower - happy clappers will be saying give it 5 games then it will be 10 then 15 and then it will be too late - o well another 27000 at the next home game so the board will be happy - absolutely shocking today and can''t see it getting much better

While I agree we weren''t that great we also weren''t that bad.

Just before the Olsson red card we were getting on top!

I thought Adams did go for it and try to change things!

And no I''m far from a happyclapper - Been going since early 70''s, ST holder since the early 90''s, seen Norwich play at over 100 different grounds, been on pre season tours and rarely miss home AND would really like to see standing areas brought back!

Put things into perspective - Wolves were good today and will be hard to beat playing like that!

We will lose games but we''ll also have more rub of the green today!

Two things struck me (apart from those everyone has mentioned:

was it my imagination, or did Olsson hurt his shoulder again? (the commentator said he was winded, but I''m not so sure). If so, this is very bad news.

Why the Hell can''t we find attacking players with pace, power & skill like the Wolves front men? They all looked miles better than Grabban. At this rate our attack will be no better than last year.

This could turn out to be a very, very long season.

Everytime Ollsen went down he seemed to come up holding a different part of his body, wrist, groin, shoulder to name but three. Basically seemed well out of sorts.

May be the same old Norwich, except that Fer and Howson were missing, and they would surely be our main central midfielders if fit and still playing for us. Laffterty is clearly not match fit.

In one respect Adams has followed Hughton in being concerned by a not very good back line, and choosing a defensive formation. We could have predicted the consequence. Even the weakest teams are given a chance by defenders without pace being slow to close down, block or head clear. The one major disappointment was Olsson, both in his sluggish performance, - he has always seemed quick, and in his idiotic reaction. It was worrying that he winger who had given Olsson so much trouble with his pace, should be confronted with Garrido and produce something special. This he did, with the fullback nowhere near him.

I think that Adams planned a defensive approach, in the belief that a pre-season break-away performance would produce a goal. Wolves had few goal attempts, so the strategy was partly right, even with our poor defence.