No way. wouldn''t want to sell him and certainly not at this stage of the transfer window. He has the attributes to change games for us in this league. In my thinking, if he is firing on all cylinders the chances of going up increases. He could easily be worth twice that much this time next year. Bad business to sell at this point in his development.

skeps wrote the following post at 11/08/2014 7:45 PM:

"Redmond is the same age as loza and the murphy''s but 10 times the player. lets sell them instead."

You don''t quite get.... anything...do you?

[quote user="I.S."] It''s like you expect him to be the finished article at the age of 20. Ridiculous.

The lad needs to improve his decision making, but he''s only going to do that by playing football. This is, what, his third season in professional football - hardly like he has had 200 matches and still to show any signs of improvement.

How about we get behind, and offer encouragement to one of our talented youngsters rather than look for a scapegoat as per usual?[/quote]Agree completely. He''s very quick and goes past people like they are not there sometimes. At the moment the end product is disappointing, but he''s still years off his peak. We just shouldn''t expect too much too soon - give the lad a chance to learn! If people start giving him stick, I despair of any hopes we have of developing young players, which everybody seems so keen on - in theory at least.

[quote user="Adnams Out"]

If Adams turns us into a direct long ball team, as looks increasingly likely after yesterday''s showing,

[/quote]

Whatever are you on about Waveney ? [*-)][8-)]

Ok Jim out of 30 or so games last season how many would you give a mark over 6/10??

I should think the answer is between 3 and 6 if you are being honest. I personally will be absolutely fuming if we don''t sell. This is a Keith O''Neil moment for me when he turned down a 4M Bid which 10 years plus ago was massive bucks, only to sell for 1M less than 2 years later

It''s obvious Redmond divides opinions and i''m not really sure where I fall on this but at a time when very average players are going for stupid money 5 million isn''t enough quite frankly,lets face it he does have bags of potential and if he played for Southampton we would be talking 10 million

I like Redmond, he is the sort of player which can terrorise a defence and really lift a side. But since he has been here he has not really been used in a way which allows him to show it, the odd few minutes as an inverted winger for a defensive manager when he is probably told to do his fair share of defending will not help. His confidence needs to be built and he needs time on the pitch in a more attacking line up with teh right structure around him. We did actually see glimpses of this last season amidst the dross. Everybody had a bad game on Sunday except Ruddy, Redmond should not be singled out.

As I said on my bonkers selection thread, this team was never going to be one which could dominate against Wolves away, there was no balance and little shape. Rather than blaming Redmond my view is that we repel all offers, nurture him and get him being the player he still looks capable of being. Other than the Murphys who are a season or two behind in development he is one of our few exciting attacking options. We should free Redmond from any shackles, he will make mistakes but better that than being cautious and nervous and afraid to do anything remotely unusual.

The time to sell, if it comes, may be in two seasons or so should we still be in the Champs and needing the funds as parachute money runs out.

It occurred to me that those with better memories may recall how Dale Gordon, Darren Eadie and Ruel Fox were  performing at a similar age.

I can remember fox / Gordon / fraz carr they kept it simple and did very well beat the full back then cross into box strikers job to get on the end of the cross if Redmond did that to start with the glory goals etc would come later basics first ! I think murphy and Redmond raw speed doing to basics could work raw pace piks / Bennett havent got that murphy hasn''t ever let us down yet so would like to see him given this role old fashioned winger lets get the ball in the box !!!!

I''d imagine most of the Redmond fans were also Snoddy fans. They are both players with undoubted individual ability, but are incredibly frustrating to play with. We only had one decent ball into the box on Sunday, that was from Lafferty who barged his way past a defender and put a great low cross in for Grabban (similar to the ball Holty crossed for the 3rd away at Ipswich).

We might as well sell him if our clueless manager is going to keep playing him through the middle, NR does not have the experience to play in the centre and needs to be left out wide to learn his trade.

Can someone explain why a player such as Redmond needs to still "learn his trade"Probably played competitive team football from 7 or 8 years of age.Part of Birminghams footballing academy from the age of 10Represented England all the way from U16`s to U21`s and has a total of 46 international capsRepresented England at international tournamentsPlayed 64 Championship gamesPlayed 34 Premiership games.In all these years of being coached and playing why has he not learned when to shoot, cross or pass?