Why would Stoke City bid £5M for a crap player? Because he''s anything but crap as his U21 performances show. He''s a young player who needs guidance on the training field. He needs top play out wide and use his pace to get downtown the by-line and whip crosses in. There is a time for him to cut inside and shoot but not ever time we attack. He needs to improve his spatial awareness of those around him to make purposeful passes.

To sell him would be hugely disappointing.

Six months ago, I''d not have said this but, today, my view would be if we can get 5m for him, take it.It''s alright people keep going on about ''young ,potential, one for the future '' etc but for whatever reason he has not really come on over the last year as I''d hoped, and , yesterday was a perfect illustration of why we cannot have people in the team who promise but underdeliver.

Laughable how knee-jerk people''s reactions are. One average game and suddenly we should "bite their hand off" in response to an offer that is laughably low.

Redmond will be a key player for us this season. To sell him now, especially for such an amount, would be tantamount to hoisting the white flag and accepting we are not going to mount a challenge for promotion. I for one would be absolutely fuming.

Quite right JS.

The boy hasn''t just got potential he has ability now. But someone needs to tell him when to go past someone, when to pass and when to lay off. When that decision making comes naturally, his pace will be enough to make him a top player.

He ought to be an automatic starter this season and I doubt the attraction of a bit part at any other club is important to him right now.

With our finances in good order, we don''t have to sell and should do only if the player makes it clear that is what he wants.

Don''t we have an experienced ex-NCFC winger who was right footed but played on the left wing involved on the coaching team? Can''t Redmond spend an hour a day with Hucks until he can cross and shoot?

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Laughable how knee-jerk people''s reactions are. One average game and suddenly we should "bite their hand off" in response to an offer that is laughably low.

Redmond will be a key player for us this season. To sell him now, especially for such an amount, would be tantamount to hoisting the white flag and accepting we are not going to mount a challenge for promotion. I for one would be absolutely fuming.[/quote]I wish it was just one average game, Jim. I truly do.No idea at all what you mean by saying selling Redmond would be like ''hoisting the white flag''; in fact it''d be quite the opposite. It would be recognising the reality that we are in a scrap in this League and we need some proven, battle hardened operators at this level to make a decent fist of it. Maybe NR will turn out to be a gem. The trouble is that currently we do not have the luxury of time to find out and when.

If Adams turns us into a direct long ball team, as looks increasingly likely after yesterday''s showing, then I cannot see Redmond being of much use. Therefore surely we ought to sell him to the highest bidder and get someone more sturdy and dependable with the proceeds?

He needs his brain to work as fast as his feet and for his team mates to give him options. If you were an opposition manager where wouldn''t you want Redmond? Receiving the ball at speed IN the box with one to beat.

H

No way, keep at all costs, but get some competition in so he doesn''t start every game.

Redmond''s got ability, but he''s not at the level of Sterling or even Townsend and Lennon, at the moment. He needs to learn how to make the very best of what he has got, consistently.

So the best way for him to improve is to get game time for us, not sit on the bench and come on in the last 20 minutes being expected to get past some of the best defenders in the world in an effort to save the game for Stoke (or some other mid-ranking Premiership club).

anyone thinking we should let him go for £5m is dumb. Sometimes the fan base of this club really do make me wonder. I mean your all happy to call the Binners inbred and then go spouting tripe like this? Are you sure some of you were not born in Suffolk????

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]Reports on News Now from the Guardian and Stoke sentinel that they have bid £5 million for Redmond this morning , bite their hands off and reinvest .[/quote]Totally agree, at typical English winger from the scouting network. "wow look how fast he is, we can make him great" The fact he has no football brain, cant cross, cant pass and cant shoot! Yeah I would take a fiver! He is crap.Maybe we can get Russel Martin to drive him there and work for them as a chauffeur. He has clearly forgotten how to play football for 2 years now!

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]anyone thinking we should let him go for £5m is dumb. Sometimes the fan base of this club really do make me wonder. I mean your all happy to call the Binners inbred and then go spouting tripe like this? Are you sure some of you were not born in Suffolk????[/quote]How much do you think he is worth ? cannot cross , cannot shoot and cannot lay off a 3 yard pass , in fact he looks an absolute donkey , the Duch lad Wolves had on the wing looked 100 times the player Redmond is i wonder how much he cost them .

if we can off load a slow selfish petulant Scots international for £8mthen a EU21 with pace whos "over rated" should net at least £10m

To me the Murphy lads look to have the potential and attitude to be better footballers. Not sure now is the time to sell though.

Redmond has bags of potential, but I''m not sure we''re in a position where we can be sitting on potential anymore. If the bid was equal to the Snodgrass one, I''d take it providing we reinvest.

Still waiting for that Snodgrass fee to be reinvested though...

looks like the retards have found their new scapegoat redmond is a right winger, for some unfathomable reason hughton and now adams insist on playing him out left and asking him to cut inside, its predictable and easy to defend against, im a fat b''stard and i could predict what he was going to do every time.treat him like a winger, forget the shots from twenty yards, send him down the right, tell him to cross to the strikers, it will be easier to teach him how to cross than it will to smack it into the top right corner every timebut, if we insist on playing one striker we wont have any targets in the box for him to hit anywayits not the player, its the system which needs shipping

he will be a 20 mill + player in two or three seasons

Reject the offer and play him on the bloody wing! Its not rocket science is it!

Great plan! Lets'' sell one of our best assets with bags of potential, replace him with a load of championship standard clodders and then when we get promoted we''ll have...... Oh, a team of championship standard clodders...... [8-)]

Redmond is the same age as loza and the murphy''s but 10 times the player. lets sell them instead.

Are you guys retarded or something? It''s like you expect him to be the finished article at the age of 20. Ridiculous.

The lad needs to improve his decision making, but he''s only going to do that by playing football. This is, what, his third season in professional football - hardly like he has had 200 matches and still to show any signs of improvement.

How about we get behind, and offer encouragement to one of our talented youngsters rather than look for a scapegoat as per usual?