Sign in to follow this  
Green and Yellow fellow

Keep calm and support Norwich

When Adams claimed when we were getting on top of the game in the second half and he thought we were in the strongest position to win the game. I agree with him.

I also agree with him when he says the red card changed the game.

A positive is that, we had a really poor half from our expected standards as a club, but we managed to weather the storm, refresh at half time and come out the stronger team.

Wolves also had 30 mins against us and only managed to score 1 goal, all be it the deciding one. But even when we went 3 at the back, we didn''t concede against a Wolves side full of momentum with the support of the crowd roaring them on, and a club set up which has been cemented for a while. We also managed to create chances in this period.

We didn''t have our strongest line up, Fer and Hooper still have to come back, as well as Lafferty and Pilks.

I don''t believe we have too much to worry about YET. Confidence and momentum is key in this league, so a win on Saturday in front of our home supporters is just what we need to get up and running. I don''t think we should start to panic and call for board to sack N.A, we need to SUPPORT our team and believe that Adams with time will get it right.

Evidently Hoops and Grabban are capable of getting 40 goals between them this season, Redmond is still a good player, though I would prefer to see him on the wing, though with exception of Ruddy I worry about what genuine quality we possess in defence. But we still have time to address that.

It''s been one game of the season and our ''supporters'' have already verbally torn the club, players and management apart after a single game against a good team. Like Wolves we are in the championship on merit, we can''t just expect to go to a well supported organised team with form opposite to our own and expect to beat them.

Lets get 10-15 games into the season, and then start to judge.

Are you suggesting that IF we have another 10+ games like this one ( and the pre season , and the end of last season )

We should stay calm ?

I think that after enduring the "Hughton era" many fans are understandably nervous , I would love NA to succeed ,, but I am worried by what we have witnessed so far ,, the rhetoric is fooling some ,, but I think fewer by the passing games .

I don''t believe that we have witnessed an improvement of any kind from last season .

As for " we were in control " and " until the red card " sorry but I was watching a different game .

The reality is , that hopefully the whole team , management , players and coaches , pull something out of the hat for the next two games ,, or more and more fans are going to be against rather than supportive of the new Manager.

I''m sorry to say that this is the crux of the matter, Barclay.. Ricardo and others quite rightly said back in April that once the incumbent manager loses the faith of the majority of fans, his time is effectively up. Once it became apparent that Hughton had reached this stage, he went. Even though , at the start of his tenure he was a pretty universally popular appointment.The same cannot be said for Adams. OK he has his supporters, but he is starting from a vastly lower approval rating than Hughton ever did. Which of course means that he has a lot less time available to get things right before he reaches the ''point of no return.''

Yes, if you take the PinkUn as a representative poll Reggie.

[quote user="I.S."]Yes, if you take the PinkUn as a representative poll Reggie.[/quote]Seems reasonable enough IS . Why would not be such ?To be fair, when I speak to fans away from Pink Un, it''s true, I think, to say that Hughton''s appointment was in the main popular, whereas Adams''s was unpopular .

I have to agree with you Reggie , and I thought the Hughton appointment would be ok . I don''t think that I know anybody ,, "knowledgeable " or not , who actually believes that appointing NA was an astute bit of work .

For the sake of the club ,, I would love him to succeed ,,, fingers crossed !!

I could not agree more with the OP.  An experimental midfield was beginning to find its creative spark when NA was forced to restructure due to the red card. It''s another issue why the same midfield was so subdued during most of the first half, if, as the 2nd showed, they could do much better.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="I.S."]Yes, if you take the PinkUn as a representative poll Reggie.[/quote]Seems reasonable enough IS . Why would not be such ?To be fair, when I speak to fans away from Pink Un, it''s true, I think, to say that Hughton''s appointment was in the main popular, whereas Adams''s was unpopular .[/quote]

I haven''t spoken to anybody who thought it was a good idea to appoint adams

I haven''t seen anything in six games of incompetence to make me change that opinion

The worry is that this is not a one off is it!

It''s just a carry on from ladt season and the 6 months of the previous season.

I had high expectations coming into this season, but the same mistakes of playing peopke out of position and not having any leadership on the pitch.

I want Adams to succeed but I don''t think any manager can change this squads mentality.....they are just a bunch of losers. It becomes a habbit on the pitch it becomes accepted by the board and now we the fans are saying exactly the same as last season........

The threads are identical to last years start! Something is very wrong inside this ckub and its deaper than just one game.

I''m not saying we need a new board or manager but maybe the whole club need to call a general meeting and thrash out the issues!

Hell I wish I knew what is wrong but I have no faith that we will turn things around anytime soon sadly.

Hope I''m wrong, we will see come Saturday.

Have to say ive stayed clear more or less for awhile, but will come out and say that I am not really surprised but disapointed by the amount of pants wetting going on already.The red card certainly changed the game and you get the feeling we would have taken more from the game as we certainly were starting to control the game.As the OP said, keep calm and start wetting pants if we are still struggling by the time we play the binners.

Jeeps Nexus....didn''t peopke say the same thing last year after 1 game?

So shall we keep calm after 5.....10 games when we have no improvement?

I don''t have an answer but maybe people are right this seadon and the board should go and get Lennon in and give him 3 weeks to get some players in to turn this losing mentality which is accepted at this club.

Just my opinion

When was the last time we won on opening day anyway? :-pIts almost tradition for us to f**k it up straight out of the gates.  Wolves was almost going to be tough because they have momentum following a great season last year.Opinions on firing Adams already are welcome but you forget, the board only just appointed him so are not going to shoot him out of the door straight away. That is laughable.I dont see losing as an acceptable mentality, but I want to know when we turned into Bayern Munich and we expected to win?Thats not little old Norwich sentiments its realism. We had 3 fantastic seasons under Lambert and we all expected more and more, we had a dire time under Hoots and its going to take time to pull it back. Is Adams the man to do it? Perhaps not, but you have to get a reality check. We do not have Man Utds rep or Man City''s money. We are a bog standard at best lower Prem / yo yo club. Of course we want to push on but its not going to happen over the course of 2 years. Losing Lambert and also Holt has effected this club in more ways than many can realise. There is and obviously has been problems in the dressing room for some time. Until thats sorted we are never going to get anywhere.Pissing pants and calling for Adams head is really going to help the situation. Give Adams at least 10 games in this league before you start calling for his head. Although that said if he goes on a 5 game losing streak including Wolves I will be joining you in building the gallows. Just get some damn perspective boys :-)

No need to panic. We are not even in the bottom 3. There are still 6 clubs below us so Neil Adams must be performing OK. Wink [;)]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]When was the last time we won on opening day anyway? :-pIts almost tradition for us to f**k it up straight out of the gates.  Wolves was almost going to be tough because they have momentum following a great season last year.Opinions on firing Adams already are welcome but you forget, the board only just appointed him so are not going to shoot him out of the door straight away. That is laughable.I dont see losing as an acceptable mentality, but I want to know when we turned into Bayern Munich and we expected to win?Thats not little old Norwich sentiments its realism. We had 3 fantastic seasons under Lambert and we all expected more and more, we had a dire time under Hoots and its going to take time to pull it back. Is Adams the man to do it? Perhaps not, but you have to get a reality check. We do not have Man Utds rep or Man City''s money. We are a bog standard at best lower Prem / yo yo club. Of course we want to push on but its not going to happen over the course of 2 years. Losing Lambert and also Holt has effected this club in more ways than many can realise. There is and obviously has been problems in the dressing room for some time. Until thats sorted we are never going to get anywhere.Pissing pants and calling for Adams head is really going to help the situation. Give Adams at least 10 games in this league before you start calling for his head. Although that said if he goes on a 5 game losing streak including Wolves I will be joining you in building the gallows. Just get some damn perspective boys :-)[/quote]

Nexus.....this is my point that the supporters and the club are happy to just accept things.....your first line.....when was the last time we won on openning day....its just a blip......we never beat Fulham...and on and on.

No we are not Bayern but this league is not the Champions league and Wolves are notReal Madrid.

I hope to god that the players go into every games expecting to go out there and win.....if not we are in trouble from tge start.

I know we have no right to expect to win every game but most are now happy with a poor performance and try to make excuses or take some positives from a game where we had one shot on goal!

Sorry but I just don''t buy into this one game blip...its been here foe 18 months and is a challenge to Adams

I agree we shouldnt just accept things. But the issue is that lets face it, we are not going to change things are we?Mate if I had my way, Hoots would have been gone at October. Snoddy would have never worn a city shirt again for taking that peno away from RvW. Elmander wouldnt have had any game time. Chris Martin , Tom Adeyemi , Grant Holt would still be at the club.Outside of loading up a senario on Footy Manager what can I do?When the supporters were at their most venomous about Hoots no one made any attempt to gather a demonstration, or Hootan out chants. We just sat and got more and more pissed off and turned on each other.

So dont tell me we are happy to accept things. Im passionate about this club, thats the point WE ALL ARE.But until as a set of fans we unite and do something we might as well just sit here and laugh cos there is no point getting angry over things we cant control mate !!

Indy- you do seem to have picked up on something which I felt a lot the last two seasons, namely the ability to find an excuse. Examples:

Everyone gets pasted by Man City

They have spent £100m and we haven''t

We always lose to Fulham

Their keeper played a blinder

It was just a defensive lapse

On another day we could have taken our chances

We had our best players out injured

They enjoyed the momentum from a new manager

It was a wonder goal that knocked teh stuffing out of us

.......and so on. Yesterday''s is the red card. We were dire most of the first half when it was 11 v 11. We actually looked OK when down to 10, although largely because Wolves just knocked it around us as they knew we weren''t much of a threat. But, it''s early days for Neil and Co.

As a club we seem to have slipped into a "culture of acceptable failure" (or at least the board have).We appointed Hughton and were nearly relegated in his first season.  That apparently was acceptable, so we persisted with Hughton, even when the writing was on the wall early last season, we persisted with him.  The board only did the obvious thing when the crowd started throwing the clappers at him.Neil Adams was appointed until the end of the season, and we were relegated.  This apparently was also acceptable and we appointed him full time.We have just lost the first game of the season to a club who were two divisions below us last season and this also is apparently acceptable.So I am just wondering what level of failure would be unacceptable to the board or the majority of fans?I remember one of the views expressed by those who didn''t want Lennon was that he is apparently "a nasty piece of work".  I don''t care two hoots whether he''s nasty or nice.  He seems to have a very low tolerance for failure, and an ambition to coach at the highest level.  If getting Norwich back into the PL and keeping us there for a season or two was his stepping stone to a bigger club in the PL or abroad that would be fine with me.

Un-acceptable is outside places 1-6 come the end of the season. We need to be challenging. I dont care what manager does it but we then need a solid nasty bastard to keep us there. We had a nasty bastard then got a nice guy, i fear we have another nice guy. Frankly only 3 things are important to me this year 1) Playoffs minimum2) Home win vs Binners3) Away win vs BinnersCouldnt give a toss how we go about this, although attractive winning football would certainly be a bonus.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Un-acceptable is outside places 1-6 come the end of the season. We need to be challenging. I dont care what manager does it but we then need a solid nasty bastard to keep us there. We had a nasty bastard then got a nice guy, i fear we have another nice guy. Frankly only 3 things are important to me this year 1) Playoffs minimum2) Home win vs Binners3) Away win vs BinnersCouldnt give a toss how we go about this, although attractive winning football would certainly be a bonus.[/quote]Agree 100% with all of the above.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]I agree we shouldnt just accept things. But the issue is that lets face it, we are not going to change things are we?Mate if I had my way, Hoots would have been gone at October. Snoddy would have never worn a city shirt again for taking that peno away from RvW. Elmander wouldnt have had any game time. Chris Martin , Tom Adeyemi , Grant Holt would still be at the club.Outside of loading up a senario on Footy Manager what can I do?When the supporters were at their most venomous about Hoots no one made any attempt to gather a demonstration, or Hootan out chants. We just sat and got more and more pissed off and turned on each other.

So dont tell me we are happy to accept things. Im passionate about this club, thats the point WE ALL ARE.But until as a set of fans we unite and do something we might as well just sit here and laugh cos there is no point getting angry over things we cant control mate !![/quote]

Sorry Nexus, didn''t mean to single you out matey....just a general observation that last year we split the fans early on and it has the same feel to it this year.

As for your points above agree with pretty much everything.

I will support the club and Adams but I am seriously worried by the tactical approach taken yesterday.

When Adams first game in he let the team still play the Hughton way but maybe just pushed a couple of players forward, which was understandable, they''d been coached a certain way for 2 seasons and it would have been suicide to suddenly ask them to press all game and overload, so fair enough

Bet yesterday was a carbon copy of that approach, lots of backing off, refusing to tackle, slow build up play, deep defensive line, no pressing, long shots instead of penetrative passing etc

Yesterday taught me that our team isn''t as good as we thought it was, we''re too small, slow and shocking at passing, okay fair enough, now I''d be happy with top 8, but I seriously hope that horrible Hughton-esque approach goes soon

No danger at all mate :-) We all love this club its one of the reasons we get so angry with the club and each other on this board.Now changing that negative emotion into positive is something that the fans, players and club as a whole should really work on :)Early days mate, OTBC.

Agree matey and the daftest thing is come Saturday I will be placing mu bum on my seat in the lower Barclay with the expectation of a win.....will be positive and full of hope for the win we need.

Cheers.

What I''m always a little curious about is what happens if something deemed unacceptable then occurs? Do people just accept it?

[quote user="Green and Yellow fellow"]

Evidently Hoops and Grabban are capable of getting 40 goals between them this season.[/quote]Evidently based on what?Based on yesterday they might get 10, maybe.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

What I''m always a little curious about is what happens if something deemed unacceptable then occurs? Do people just accept it?

[/quote]

That question is best asked to Mr Chase. :-)

Norwich City supporters are suffering from something akin to battered wife syndrome. Watching most games has been like getting punched and kicked, but every time they come back for more after Delia says sorry and promises to change.