Sign in to follow this  
tblowers9

League cup bye

Just curious and cannot find an answer anywhere, why us and Fulham seemingly got a bye for the first round but Cardiff play tomorrow night?

There''s only two byes, so they go to the teams who got relegated from the Premier League in 19th and 18th position. The side that comes bottom has to play in the first round.

as explained in a thread belowcardiff finished bottom the other two didn''tit balances the numbersCh 22Ll1 24L2 24

as other clubs join in later rounds

At first I welcomed this, but actually, I would have quite liked a game tonight as a chance to get back on track.

ie Exeter away, which far from getting us back on track would merely cost us money and risk another injury/booking

At first I welcomed this, but actually, I would have quite liked a game tonight as a chance to get back on track.

Agreed, could have done with a confidence builder against a lower league side.

[quote user="Ron Manager"]At first I welcomed this, but actually, I would have quite liked a game tonight as a chance to get back on track.

Agreed, could have done with a confidence builder against a lower league side.[/quote]

Lol.  Banana skin more like.

You do have a point City1st, but weighing up both sides, I''d still have rather had some more game time for the team and Adams to sort themselves out.