Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Nathan Redmond = Lee Croft

where the hell is his end product?cant shoot, cant cross, cant cut it back....would I be alone in thinking he wouldn''t be missed?

I don''t mean to be facetious, but did you watch the last 3 England U21 games?? Redmond can do all you ask in spades, but doesn''t seem to be able to perform as well for his club.

[quote user="NWC"]I don''t mean to be facetious, but did you watch the last 3 England U21 games?? Redmond can do all you ask in spades, but doesn''t seem to be able to perform as well for his club. [/quote]Daryl Sutch played for England under 21s too... whats your point?!

I agree - although I think Theo Walcott is a better comparison.

I''m sure it will all fall into place eventually - but it took Walcott 4/5/6 seasons for it to come to here. I would rather have dependable wingers than somebody who will have 1 flash of brilliance every 4/5 games. How many more times is he going to blast a shot into tow Z?

Van Wolfwinkel was almost forced out because he scored 1 goal, yet Redmond scored 1 goal and is pushed into a central striker role, although he seemed to waste an awful lot more than RVW

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="NWC"]I don''t mean to be facetious, but did you watch the last 3 England U21 games?? Redmond can do all you ask in spades, but doesn''t seem to be able to perform as well for his club. [/quote]Daryl Sutch played for England under 21s too... whats your point?![/quote]guess it would be "Redmond can do all you ask in spades, but doesn''t seem to be able to perform as well for his club" You maybe should be asking why a player can play so well for one team, and so poorly for another.

[quote user="NWC"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="NWC"]I don''t mean to be facetious, but did you watch the last 3 England U21 games?? Redmond can do all you ask in spades, but doesn''t seem to be able to perform as well for his club. [/quote]Daryl Sutch played for England under 21s too... whats your point?![/quote]guess it would be "Redmond can do all you ask in spades, but doesn''t seem to be able to perform as well for his club" You maybe should be asking why a player can play so well for one team, and so poorly for another.[/quote]the only person who can answer that is Redmond himself

He was bloody awful, he is not a striker simple as, only player in starting 11 to come out with any credit is Ruddy in my opinion

i must admit if we did cash in on him it would solve a problem.

whilst he''s here we''re clearly going to have to accomodate him in any formation we play ,even if its to the detriment of he team and there being other players more suited to the role.

if the diamond is Adams preferred formation...and Hoolahan is playing, I can''t see where Redmond plays that doesnt unbalance it.

It''s his decision-making and composure that are lacking. Hopefully, they''ll come with age and game-time.

Not helped by being played upfront- he needs to have space to run at players at won''t get it in that area unless teams decide to play a stupidly high line. Personally I want to see him on the right and Murphy on the left, switching every so often to give the defence different things to think about.

What are you talking about! We shouldn''t sell him for less than 15 mill CUZ HE''S THE FUTURE. HE''S A BRIGHT LIGHT IN A PITCH BLACK NIGHT.

["GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]i must admit if we did cash in on him it would solve a problem.

whilst he''s here we''re clearly going to have to accomodate him in any formation we play ,even if its to the detriment of he team and there being other players more suited to the role.

if the diamond is Adams preferred formation...and Hoolahan is playing, I can''t see where Redmond plays that doesnt unbalance it.

Sounds like Snoddy last season!

["NWC"]I don''t mean to be facetious, but did you watch the last 3 England U21 games?? Redmond can do all you ask in spades, but doesn''t seem to be able to perform as well for his club.

The standard of teams playing in U21''s would be mostly below Championship standard!

No doubt Redmond has got a lot of improving to do but he is still one of the most exciting prospects we''ve had for a long time.

I would also say that even though his end product is pretty much missing at least he tries to give the opposition something to worry about.

[quote user="Holtcantshoot"]It appears he''s shaping up to be this year''s Robert Snodgrass. Always helps to have someone to blame for a poor team performance.[/quote]

Or he isn''t good and hasn''t improved a single inch in well over a year.

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="Holtcantshoot"]It appears he''s shaping up to be this year''s Robert Snodgrass. Always helps to have someone to blame for a poor team performance.[/quote]

Or he isn''t good and hasn''t improved a single inch in well over a year.[/quote]We missed Hooper today Maccy. [;)]

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="Holtcantshoot"]It appears he''s shaping up to be this year''s Robert Snodgrass. Always helps to have someone to blame for a poor team performance.[/quote]

Or he isn''t good and hasn''t improved a single inch in well over a year.[/quote]Not saying Redmond is any good, but after listening in bewilderment to Canary fans last year criticising Snodgrass constantly and saying that he was stopping the great young hope Redmond from having enough of an impact I find it quite amusing to see one game into the season that Redmond is now getting the criticism instead.My own opinion on Redmond is he''s got a lot of pace but right now hasn''t developed the ability to read the game at the pace that he plays it. His legs are too fast for his brain and get him into places where he hasn''t thought about what he''s going to do next. That normally results in speculative 20 yard pigeon frighteners or the sort of cross that could only be converted by Peter Crouch on 5ft high stilts.

HE''S TWENTY YEARS OLD AND HAS PLAYED UNDER ONE HUNDRED GAMES OF PROFESSIONAL LEAGUE FOOTBALL.

You''ve got to give him a chance to develop. What he does need is a) some encouragement from our so-called "supporters", and b) for Pilks or another player to come in and ease some of the pressure so he is not starting week in, week out.

Jas, I expected a bit more from you to be honest.

Nathan Redmond is still young and learning his trade.

Just like any other young man learning a trade he needs to get proficient in it before learning another.

How many different positions has he been asked to play in so far in his young career? Left orthodox winger, right orthodox winger, left inverted winger, right inverted winger, free role up front, part of a two man strike force, lone striker ..........

How about instead of making him making him a Jack of all trades we try to make him a Master of one?

Ask him to play on the right, use his pace, beat his man, hit the line and start pulling a few balls back, something we have been so short of for so long.

[quote user="Holtcantshoot"][quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="Holtcantshoot"]It appears he''s shaping up to be this year''s Robert Snodgrass. Always helps to have someone to blame for a poor team performance.[/quote]

Or he isn''t good and hasn''t improved a single inch in well over a year.[/quote]Not saying Redmond is any good, but after listening in bewilderment to Canary fans last year criticising Snodgrass constantly and saying that he was stopping the great young hope Redmond from having enough of an impact I find it quite amusing to see one game into the season that Redmond is now getting the criticism instead.My own opinion on Redmond is he''s got a lot of pace but right now hasn''t developed the ability to read the game at the pace that he plays it. His legs are too fast for his brain and get him into places where he hasn''t thought about what he''s going to do next. That normally results in speculative 20 yard pigeon frighteners or the sort of cross that could only be converted by Peter Crouch on 5ft high stilts. [/quote]

Spot on. You have to remember though, there has to be a scapegoat for the small minded majority.

And from Wikipedia:

On his return from the U-17 World Cup, Redmond started Birmingham''s first pre-season friendly match, a 1–0 defeat of Cork City. New manager Chris Hughton suggested he had done well, given his youth: "In particular I thought Nathan Redmond did very well. We have to remember he''s only 17 years of age. He showed some good touches although the final bit let him down a little."

So 3 years on...?