Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the Pink un Pickers Week 1

A massive thanks to our Nutty for running this brilliant thread again this coming season. Always a difficult week the first of the season but I''m going with a Notts Forest home win please.Good luck Trent and everybody new and old.

Great to be back and a huge thanks to nutty and whoever it is who''s funding the Norwich bet. Thanks to you two and the generosity of everyone who''s donated to this thread, the spirit of Arrdee lives on.I''m starting in the Champs where I expect Middlesborough to beat Birmingham.....Middlesborough v Birmingham.........Home win.Good luck Trent. [Y]

For the Norwich bet, City to win and Grabban to score. Good luck Yellowfuture. [Y]

Back already?  That was quick...Thanks to Nutty for keeping this running, it''s great to have this back once more.The first weeks of a new season are incredibly tricky to call with no form guide to go on so I don''t envy Trent this week.  I will nip over to Scotland and hope Dunfermline see off Brechin City.Best of luck Trent and all PUPs.

Thankyou Nutty for bringing this thread back, The amount of money raised since it started with Ray has been quite unbelievable, hopefully we can have another good season.

Bury to beat Cheltenham for me this week in league 2

For the Norwich bet, I fancy a score draw.

Good luck to Trent and Yellowfuture and all pickers!

Thanks again Nutty!I wanted to avoid the opening days matches, but with Blackpool''s current predicament, Notts Forest look a steal.For the NCFC bet, Redmond to score anytime.

Fantastic to be back - the highlight of this board without a doubt   Notts Forest win for me please        As always, heres hoping for both a PUPs and City win

Thanks for administering this again Nutty, as others have said, best thing about this board by a country mile.

I quite fancied Forest this week, but as it has already been picked, and in the interests of variety, other than an NCFC WIN, the only other result that would give me immense pleasure is a defeat for the binners. So, Ipswich v Fulham AWAY win please.

For the Norwich bet, I too fancy Grabban to score, how about Grabban to score anytime and a Norwich win.

Good luck Trent, Yellowfuture and all pups

Great to see this thread again! Thanks for all your hard work, Nutty!

I''m also going for a home win for Molde v. Stabaek.

Good Luck, Trent!

As for the Norwich bet ~ got to be Grabban to score any time!

I know Trent can see the Facebook page but I''ve rescued two selections from there from PUPs who are unable to access the Pink Un this week.

The Great Drinkell''s selection is : Sheffield United home win v Bristol City

And for the Norwich Match bet Elliott Bennett to score at any time.

DDD''s selection is : Derby to beat the Millers.

Happy new season everybody, the best thread on the board is back in business!

Thanks nutty for taking the time to run it again. I hope you are well rested, because I got a feeling this is going to be a big season!

I''m afraid I can''t find anything original that I like so I''m going with.

Anderlecht v Sporting Charleroi Home Win

For the Norwich bet how about 1-1.

A couple of sites I like are statto.com and the racing posts football bet app. Find the flash score app pretty good for keeping up with the scores.

All the best everybody

I''ve had a look around and I have to say Nuttys pick is probably my favourite this week, so I won''t be able to be origional this week, Anderlexht to beat Sporting Chaleroi.

For the Norwich bet I fancy over 2.5 goals in the first half at 8/1. Think we''ll see goals from both sides this Sunday.

Great to be back, and nice to see some new faces and many of the old ones!

Good luck :)

I make it 38 picks so far, great work guys.Will be sifting through it all in the next hour, so if anyone has anymore picks then get them in quick!

Thanks everyone for all your picks. I asked for a mix of European bankers and Domestic value and you all delivered. My final six, by coincidence, are also six of the more popular choices. Bit wary that some of the teams have been in European games midweek, but at least they have some form to go off which is a big help this time of year. Anyway...Salzburg to beat Grodig (LC, Herman, Swindon,) Zenit to beat Torpedo Moscow (Splutcho, Kathy)Anderlecht to beat Charleroi (NN, Killie, Hector, GP)Forest to beat Blackpool (AJ, Til. Inchy, Mullins, Statto, GregT)Derby to beat Rotherham (feedthewolf, gravy, SDP, Chelle, DDD, Twidio)Molde to beat Stabaek (Sid, Cosmic)Despite the fact I am still bitter that Salzburg ruined my record last season in what I thought was the biggest banker all year, I will have them down as my weapon of choice for the week.For the NCFC bet, I think 1-1 seems a safe bet. Best of luck all.

Sorry for late picks

MMMK - Guingamp -v- ST ETIENNE AWAY WIN

MM - FOREST -v- Blackpool HOME WIN

Norwich bets I''d like Grabban to score anytime and MMMK would like Norwich to win 2-1.

Good Luck everyone and welcome back!!

Good evening fellow PUP''s, it''s great to be one of you and I''m honoured to be asked to make the Norwich Bet selection this week.

Thanks for all your tips, the majority seem to be expecting a Norwich win and that''s my feeling, there''s not much to go on at this stage of the season but I think we have the squad and the management team to overcome Wolves, so it''s £2 on Norwich to win at 12/5.

People are expecting us to score goals this season with the style of play we expect Neil Adams to adopt, I have a few concerns about our defensive strength and suspect we may concede so the second bet is £2 on Norwich to win and both teams to score at 11/2.

For a real punt I have chosen Purples selection, it will be £1 on Half-time / Full-time

Wolves 0 - Norwich 1 / Wolves 1 - Norwich 2, at 25/1.

Finally there seems to be a lot of expectation that Lewis Grabban is going to get off to a flyer, I''m hoping he can repeat his start in the friendly against Celta Vigo and grab an early goal, so for another punt it will be £1 on Grabban to score the first goal in the first 1-20 minutes of the game at 18/1.

I hadn''t realised how edgy I would be placing bets with other peoples'' money and for such a good cause, I hope I can win you some cash.

Good luck to Trent with his selections.

I''m gonna go for a Norwich away win!! I know our record isn''t great at molineux but I have a feeling thats gonna change Sunday. Hopefully i''m right...[:P]

Thank you Trent and Yellowfuture. Superb final selections for our first weekend. I hope you are both enjoying the week. It''s a bit nerveracking for Yellowfuture first time up but you have the power of the PUPs behind you supporting your selections. I thought last season we had our best team of PUPs ever but we are looking even stronger this time. I''ve placed the final six with Bill Hill in the hopes that we get the insurance again this season and if we are successful we will win £42.02 Here are the details : -

Zenit

2/11

2:00 Sat

Forest

1/3

3:00 Sat

Derby

4/7

3:00 Sat

Molde

1/5

2:30 Sun

Salzburg

1/10

3:30 Sun

Anderlecht

2/7

5:00 Sun

And here are the details of the match bets that I placed with Bet365 : -

Norwich to win

£2

12/5

£6.80

Norwich to win and both teams score

£2

11/2

£13.00

Half Time Norwich 1-0 Full Time Norwich 2-1

£1

25/1

£26

Lewis Grabban to score first in mins 1-20

£1

18/1

£19

Good luck everyone. As our friend Statto always says here''s hoping for a PUPs win and a City win.[:)]

Sorry I''m late with pick. I''ll go with a win for Nottingham Forest. Good Luck Trent and Yellowfuture and all PUPs. It''s great to have this thread back, thanks NN for keeping this going and to the mystery benefactor also. This is a very special thread that is supported by very special people long may it continue!!

Celtic vs Partick Thistle - home win please.

Good luck all PUP''s

The Celtic game is showing as postponed on the BBC. Better go for

Derby vs Rotherham - home win