Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

Only way to stop downward spiral.

[quote user="Herman "]How many games will you give him to change our fortunes?[/quote]

I think it would be instant because he is a proper football manager. Not someone who is practising at it and thinks it clever to fall out with as many senior pros as possible.

[quote user="Herman "]Yep, it''s all so simple isn''t it.[/quote]

Yes just like crystal palace did last year

We will have a 100% better chance of stopping this spiral without Adams and his useless captain

[quote user="Herman "]Yep, it''s all so simple isn''t it.[/quote]

Yes just like crystal palace did last year

We will have a 100% better chance of stopping this spiral without Adams and his useless captain

"I think it would be instant because he is a proper football manager. Not someone who is practising at it"and where did Neil Lennon ''practice at it'' before he became a proper football manager

[quote user="City1st"]"I think it would be instant because he is a proper football manager. Not someone who is practising at it"and where did Neil Lennon ''practice at it'' before he became a proper football manager

[/quote]Isnt the point that we need experience NOW and that Adams bless him just doesnt have that at this point in time?

I''m nowhere near being a happy clapper and am already a touch nervous about how the season will pan out.

But!

It''s been one game! Please little boys, stop pant wetting so early!

I think we should get Lennon and give him two games. If we are not on six points by the time we play Ipswich then we need to hold our nose and get McCarthy in.

"Blimey, one game in and this is already getting tedious and boring......"

It''s not one game though is it DB? Adams totally failed to impress, IMO, at the ending of last season either and brought nothing to the party.

I defy anybody on here to deny that the the thought didn''t cross their minds that even Hughton might, just might, have rescued us at the time.

All things considered then the appointment of NA was met with disappointment by what seem like an overwhelming majority of City supporters.

He needed to hit the ground running this season. He has done the opposite and everything about the Wolves game, from team selection to performance, was such a massive disappointment that the smouldering fears about his suitability in the first place have readily flared up.

His selections/tactics were quite poor under the circumstances of Sunday''s encounter. The resulting performance was confused, lightweight and unconvincing to the extent that we had one, yes one, shot on target in ninety minutes.

Nobody knows the true circumstances of the Bassong/ Becchio situations but it is entirely unsatisfactory for the Club''s prospects and is now compounded by the Pilkington business.

He needs a win on Saturday. A repeat of Saturday will see unrest within the support and our prospects for the season will diminish even more than they have done since the man''s appointment in the first place.

All the people mocking those with fears are completely right to do so.I mean God forbid anyone should be concerned with how things are going at the moment! There''s absolutely nothing wrong with the management team or the players is there?! I SEE THAT NOW.We put in a fantastic show on Sunday [Y]

This happy clappy lark is easy... all you have to do is ignore what is staring you in the face!!

Despite the fact that I went to Fulham away, Liverpool at home, Chelsea away, Arsenal at home and Wolves last sunday I and many others shouldnt be allowed to be concerned about Neil Adams capabilities.After all... it''s just ONE game!

Cant really comment on United away as I didnt go. Sounded like a fantastic performance though....

I think the fact that if we appoint Lennon we''d instantly stop being crap, that''s what I am mocking. None of us are happy with the team at the moment but hitting the panic button already is a bit sad.

Massive delivery of Tenna Pants (large) arrived at Boots Riverside this morning. Stocks are high in preparation for Watford.

Broadstairs and RVW ''s are both correct here,, it is not just one game . The pre season was another good indication that something was not quite right also .

But there is an element if support ,, who for some reason , refuse to acknowledge that the problems exist . ( I got chucked off the other forum for my questions on this )

It is just as wrong to vilify a poster for his opinion whichever way he leans ,, but discussion seems impossible ,, this manager issue seemingly polarises opinion .

We all want the best for our club . I for one hope that the board do have a plan "b" ,,, I fear that this is not the case and we will be destined to Championship football for a while .

"The problems" plural Jenkins ,, IMO of course , are the apparent lack of cohesive tactics, regardless of the rhetoric suggesting "attacking" football ( we didn''t see much of that on Sunday ) or the ability to change from plan a)to b) or any other plan .

The players do not look committed ,, or maybe they don''t fully understand what they are supposed to be doing ?

Redmond with his " lack of end product" has been endlessly debated ,, Russ Martin out of position ,, Whittaker who is clearly not of adequate quality even for this league , the personnel chosen for matches (some seniors being ignored ,, for whatever reason) etc etc .

You are obviously one of the more literate posters on this forum ,, I question why you even asked this question of me .

But then I feel that you were not truthfully asking for a definition of problems ,, were you ??

Everybody should be allowed to be concerned RvW. Whether they chose to be is up to them. But bottom line is that appointing Neil is a massive gamble. And as you and Broadstairs point out so far it is not showing signs of paying off.

Despite the promises of attractive football we have yet to see any evidence. Not only have we not got results but we are not looking like scoring. Talking the talk as Neil is finding out is the easy bit.

Yes it could pay off yet, it has in the past. Appointing Nigel Adkins from the back room worked for Scunthorpe. But so far all that Neil appears to share with Adkins is his initials.

I am concerned too. But realistically I think the Board will back Neil for a while yet. So the best thing we can do is back him as well and get behind the team.

48/49 "but then I feel that you were not truthfully asking for a definition of problems ......were you? "

Yes I was, I was interested in what it was you were really concerned about and was wondering how serious these problems were and were they something that I should start worrying about as well.

All clubs have have players that are not liked by individual fans, have fans who think they know more about tactics than the manager, have fans who make judgements about players performance and commitment, this is normal and healthy. Its not something that I see as a problem atm.

Further, damning judgement based on one game played, in part, with 10 men is clearly hysterical and certainly nothing for me to get worked up about either.

So for now I will be keeping my pants dry.

I agree with Simmo - Lennon would be the best choice to turn us round and get us out of this division.Just as importantly, his appointment would be a massive statement that we were serious about promotion.And as far as I am concerned Wolves was not game 1, it was game 6.  Neil Adams record stands at played 6, lost 5, drawn 1, won 0.Wolves was the easiest fixture Neil Adams has had so far - they were two divisions below us this time last year and we should have gone there and demonstrated that gulf in class.  We did not.We need a return to winning ways and at the moment I see no signs of that under Adams.I will be very happy to be proved wrong.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]Blimey, one game in and this is already getting tedious and boring......[/quote]

Its not 1 Mark its 7 now.......Fester and Houghton survived too long using that trick.

We lost by one goal, and that scored after we were down to ten men, and in a fixture we knew would be tough, as it always has been.You can''t lose by a smaller margin than one!

On the basis of this pundits on here are forecasting that things will get progressively worse.

It will be a struggle, because Olsson is streets ahead of Garrido, and currently Whittaker looks poor. We have some good players to return - Lafferty - fully fit, Howson, O''Neil, and Fer (if he stays). These should give an attacking edge, but perhaps not fully in the next match.

Adams has some selection problems, clearly, and has a tough decision on the balance of attack and defence. He admitted that at Molineux his emphasis was on making it difficult for Wolves to score. With four of our best central midfielders missing, our attacks were fewer than those of Wolves, but this should improve when the those players are available.

I wanted Lennon before Adams got the job, but forget that. You know who I''d love to see in charge - Frank Underwood. Anyone who watches House of Cards will know how great he''d be as NCFC manager.

I am a Norwich fan so I don''t know if it is our clubs support or general amongst football supporters but I am constantly amazed by the general lack of of intelligence displayed. On one hand with have the sky is falling in apocalypse camp who in this case jump in and panic after one game. On the other hand there is the head in the sand so called happy clappers who think we have the players to "tear up" the league we are in.

For me, we got relegated because we were a poor team. More than Hughton''s tactics it was a lack of pace & commitment that caused our demise. We have kept that team together largely and not added much so those problems remain.

That said, the Champs is a poor league with no outstanding teams and very few quality players. Bare in mind that Derby look about the strongest team and they have an attack led by Chris Martin whom we let go and it all goes into perspective.

It was always going to be like this - 92 points will take us up automatically so we can afford to drop another 43 and still make it. There are a number of teams that will gift us goals and points. That doesn''t make our team world beaters or the manager a genius.

There are problems that need resolving and that will take time. Perhaps talking about those makes more sense. But bleating on about Lennon as the silver bullet is immature in the extreme.

Neil Lennon would be a terrible appointment. I remain optimistic that Adams can lead Norwich to success this season, but if he does depart then I believe replacing him with Lennon would be a massive mistake.