Sign in to follow this  
Buh

Racist abuse again

I am not doubting that there was an incident yesterday but I have not heard any racist chanting or monkey noises in over 700 games of watching Norwich and I am very shocked at the reports.

That said there is a minority moronic element amongst our fan base the Tony Martin chant is embarassing at its best for example.

Yesterday was one of the worst days supporting the club i have ever know. The defeat was bad enough, falling out with what appears to be a no of senior players is even worse, the Olsson incident is not good but dragging the club through the mud tops the lot.

you have never heard a monkey noises or racist chanting in 700 games ? were you in the Barclay in the 1980''s it was nearly every game !!

]you have never heard a monkey noises or racist chanting in 700 games ? were you in the Barclay in the 1980''s it was nearly every game !!

No, been going for 25 years, I always thought we had a few iffy fans but I really have not heard anything

"I do agree about the hate spewing. It comes out on here quite often too. I think it''s just those with lower intelligence, when faced with problems seem to react angrily rather than rationally."

Fair point here tbh from @splutcho - reminds me of this article Domestic violence increases 25% because of England''s poor performance in the recent WC; shocking fact really.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/domestic-violence-increases-25-during-england-world-cup-games-9548658.html

Good point by @buh too "Foul language is one thing but the hate I''ve heard and seen is beyond that." Swearing and banter is part of the game, but some seem to have a real hatred injected into it which no-one wants to see or hear. :(

"Last season I accidentally bumped into someone in the corridor behind the stand and had a reply of F-this, F-that; had it happened in the high street we''d have both apologised in that very British way! "

He might be exactly the same in the street tbh! But seeing a bad game seems to cause some to react badly and change character.

"let''s have the culprits named and shamed in the media along with where they live and head-and-shoulder photos. "

I do agree with that though Mustard, just so everyone knows who they are should they bump into them in the street. Also Martin Bryant has a point with papers saying "Norwich fans" which is unfair on all the other supporters here at the club.

"I''m not sure I would step in if I saw or heard anything, racial abuse or just foul language, as I think alcohol plays a part and I think if someone reckons it''s ok to act like that in a crowd then they could be capable of anything."

That is certainly a point to consider and one that a lot do get concerned about when face with such behaviour.

you can simply cut and paste"how on earth does the quote system work on here...

"

there is a ''screening'' system that you may have blocked your profile pic - especially if you are ugly

[quote user="City1st"]you can simply cut and paste"how on earth does the quote system work on here...

"

there is a ''screening'' system that you may have blocked your profile pic - especially if you are ugly

[/quote]

Omar Koroma isn''t ugly!

compare both postswhich is easier to read ... makes more sense etc ?

[quote user="City1st"]compare both postswhich is easier to read ... makes more sense etc ?

[/quote]

you have a fair point.

A shame a post can''t be edited :(

Sounds appalling. And the media wonder why homosexual players refuse to come out...I hope Benno and family realise that this is an incredibly small percentage of NCFC fans.

imagine what it will be like if we sign a player from the far east

It doesn''t bare thinking about

Our fans and this region have always been "intolerant of difference" not necessarily racist but just threatened by difference. Be it a haircut, a funny name, a strange nationality.

"We dunt loike ootsidas buh"

[quote user="Buh"]It''s like internal hooliganism

This element of our support are too cowardly to fight or abuse other fans they are only capable of abusing our own players and staff.

Like I said, cowards, basically French. Scum.[/quote]

One poster hinted at it but I''m gonna come right out and say it. You are complaining about racists, yet it doesn''t get any more racist than the comment you made about the French!

It''s xenophobia, get it right.

It''s my right as a British person to poke fun at the French. They aren''t a race.

[quote user="Buh"]It''s xenophobia, get it right.

It''s my right as a British person to poke fun at the French. They aren''t a race.[/quote]

It''s still a bit of a stupid comment to make on an anti-racist thread.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[quote user="City1st"]imagine what it will be like if we sign a player from the far east

[/quote]

We might not be all that but I don''t think we''ll be raiding the talent at Lowestoft Town just yet.......

[/quote]bit nippy in that part of the worldor so I am told

We dont know exactly what was said, but its not just the club that needs to come down hard on this type of scum, the Police must take a very very hard line and the courts must back them up....it really is very sad to see this happening.

Now, that said....on this general subject....I would also like to see a little less jumping on people, calling them racists, when they make very light weight harmless flippant comments, like one recently on here, not sure who it was by, but it was to do with the Korean player and chinese food......what next, not being able to call my missus a "Norfolk Dumpling"?

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[quote user="City1st"]imagine what it will be like if we sign a player from the far east

[/quote]

We might not be all that but I don''t think we''ll be raiding the talent at Lowestoft Town just yet.......

[/quote]bit nippy in that part of the worldor so I am told

[/quote]
You can''t beat a bit of casual racism.