Sign in to follow this  
Buh

Racist abuse again

Racist abuse from our end and scuffles as a result, club is investigating

Is it time we recognised that this is a growing problem within our support and that a brain dead element has infiltrated it?

While I agree it''s awful and the one bloke needs to be kicked out for life. It should also be mentioned that everyone around him was extremely quick to shout him down and get the stewards involved. I wouldn''t call it a growing problem. Racists exist and will continue to do so until people are educated properly.

99.9% of our supporters are fantastic.

This isn''t an isolated incident and it seems to me that there is a real hateful element of our support that needs to be eradicated.

Sometimes that hate comes out in racist abuse but there does seem to be a hateful core of fans that go only to berate and abuse our players, other fans, inanimate objects etc. especially away.

They keep playing the "look how far we''ve travelled" card but that doesn''t give you a pass to say and do whatever you want.

These people need a severe reality check. Is it a generational thing? I don''t know.

I do agree about the hate spewing. It comes out on here quite often too. I think it''s just those with lower intelligence, when faced with problems seem to react angrily rather than rationally.

I don''t know if that''s just Norwich though, I can''t say for sure because I don''t watch other teams play, but surely it''s football fans as a whole rather than just us.

I agree wholeheartedly that it is an intelligence issue.

My guess is it is a football wide problem. Based on my experience watching England this summer. The "sky sports fans" I.e. Plastics reacted violently to England losing of doing badly (ironic as they cheered suarez on all season) the fans around me that I know went to games and had more footballing intelligence (beyond FIFA 2014) were mad sure but also reflective, calm and actually able to laugh at the situation.

It''s like I always say, don''t let the football ruin a good day at the football.

It wasn''t jut one bloke,

Their where a row of wanna be hard boys directly behind us who a. Where looking for a fight with our own fans and b. constantly making racial remarks

This is not the NCFC way shouldn''t be aloud any where near a game

Only going on what I was told Barclay Boy. Two different accounts have said that the incident that involved Bennett''s family was caused by one man.

Not only 1 idiot or just racist abuse, very foul language from several around where I sat, I am no saint but continued stupid foul mouthing in front of kids and women will only drive decent folk away.

I think foul language is something that is always going to happen at football. Always has and always will.

Foul language is one thing but the hate I''ve heard and seen is beyond that.

There seems to be a disturbing trend of going after players families which saddens me greatly.

I really wish these people that can''t hold their load, "clapper throwers" I you like, just didn''t come.

Wish they''d go and have a slightly sub par beer and burger in a wetherspoons, flip the table and have a heart attack or something.

[quote user="Buh"]Foul language is one thing but the hate I''ve heard and seen is beyond that.

There seems to be a disturbing trend of going after players families which saddens me greatly.

I really wish these people that can''t hold their load, "clapper throwers" I you like, just didn''t come.

Wish they''d go and have a slightly sub par beer and burger in a wetherspoons, flip the table and have a heart attack or something.[/quote]

I''ve not seen an y trend of going after people''s families but I think this incident was particularly unfortunate as it was witnessed by the friends/family of some of our black players who became involved. I should hasten to add that contrary to a couple of tweets i have seen on the subject as far as i could see they were not the target of the abuse (not that it makes it any more or less acceptable) but rather they (along with a number of other Norwich fans in the area) reacted to a fan (or possibly two fans) making monkey noises at Van Parra and became involved in a confrontation with said fan(s).

It was perhaps a particularly shocking incident because it was so overt that I think at first everyone sitting nearby thought they must have misheard or that the stewards would just whip the bloke out but they did not do so until it kicked off.

Should also not blow it out of proportion. Was one (maybe 2) fans, they were reported/confronted by fellow Norwich fans and they were removed from the ground as a consequence so presumably the authorities have their details. Just the icing on the cake of a cr*p day all round.

I would hope that NCFC deal with this swiftly and issue a prompt statement of intent concerning foul mouthed and racist abuse. I heard Mick Dennis tell somebody after the game that 2 people were removed and it involved insults towards Benno''s family sitting amongst the Norwich crowd.

"I think foul language is something that is always going to happen at football. Always has and always will".

It''s all part of the problem imo. Idiots get away with one thing, so they they push it a little further. You call somebody a c*** in front of others who don''t particularly want to hear it. Is just as bad as a monkey noise in front of people who don''t want to hear that either.

If a line was drawn under nasty abuse full stop. It would go a long way in shutting the idiot element up.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I would hope that NCFC deal with this swiftly and issue a prompt statement of intent concerning foul mouthed and racist abuse. I heard Mick Dennis tell somebody after the game that 2 people were removed and it involved insults towards Benno''s family sitting amongst the Norwich crowd.[/quote]

Whether or not something was said to them in the melee that ensued I am unsure but my take on it was that Benno''s family reacted to/confronted a guy (possibly two) the other side of the gangway from them who was making monkey noises at Van de Parra. i don;t believe that they themselves were the target of the abuse but obviously they reacted angrily to it as did a number of other fans in the vicinity.

Foul language isn''t as bad as racist abuse, so we can draw a line under that one right away. BUT, I do agree that it''d be preferable that language like that wasn''t the norm and would also probably stop racism as well.

That said, I have no idea how to begin making it happen.

There is a pretty unpleasant group or two in our away support. I suspect a few of them post on here. Its damaging for the club and not great for the rest of our fans. If they can be identified and dealt with, should they be causing trouble, it would be good news.

These elements probably exist in all clubs away support but because we are such a decent bunch they stick out like a sore thumb.

It''s like internal hooliganism

This element of our support are too cowardly to fight or abuse other fans they are only capable of abusing our own players and staff.

Like I said, cowards, basically French. Scum.

well done to the fans who stoppd up against the idiots... we need to make sure we take a stand against racism at Carrow Road and ALL grounds we travel too.

well done all!

It does seem that walking into a football ground brings the worse out in a lot of people. Last season I accidentally bumped into someone in the corridor behind the stand and had a reply of F-this, F-that; had it happened in the high street we''d have both apologised in that very British way! This however doesn''t deflect from the use of racist language/actions, something which goes way beyond the use of abusive language.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

well done to the fans who stoppd up against the idiots... we need to make sure we take a stand against racism at Carrow Road and ALL grounds we travel too.

well done all!

[/quote]Splutch, quite reasonably, states earlier that he has no idea as to how we can get over this problem.Well, what you refer to above, Jas, is a start, certainly . I''m not suggesting that taking the law into your own hands is the answer, but these morons need to have it made crystal clear to them, from their peers, that this sort of behaviour is not acceptable.Then as others have said, the club needs to take a strong stance on this and ban the perpetrators for life.Finally, the Police need to be a lot more proactive. Just removing the culprits is not enough . I know it means extra work for them, but people who indulge in this sort of thing should be arrested, and, where possible, charged. It''s amazing what a stint in the cells, an appearance in court and the threat of a criminal record hanging over your head will do to the ''Billy Big Mouth '' types.

People do it because they''re comfortable doing so. The consequences of racial abuse need to be far greater - let''s have the culprits named and shamed in the media along with where they live and head-and-shoulder photos. 

Racial abuse is so out of step with what is socially acceptable nowadays. Courtesy of these idiots I choose to get angry when my 8 year old asks me to explain what ''racial abuse'' is - the whole thing belongs in yesteryear and these abusive people are preventing progress. Sadly at the moment they''re too ignorant to realise it.

Norfolk mustard that is a huge post mate, absolutely spot on.

This is the kind of fan I want next to me at the football, not some out of step knuckle dragger.

I think foul language is something that is always going to happen at football. Always has and always will. , not talking about the odd four letter word, I was referring to foul abuse , as an example the moron in front of me from the moment he came into the stadium me turned round and started hurling abuse at wolves fans in the stand be hind him, calling them F....ng C..ts

and threatening to gob at them ! , he then turned his attention to the stewards. No place for this in any walk of life for these low life morons.

It''s that type of fan that needs a head check Kidderminster

I swear all the time at the football, I swear during most things that excite or frustrate me (giggidy) but I never take it beyond that my brain has that ability to distinguish between shouting "fu4k!!!" If we miss a penalty and "fu4k!! Your family this your skin colour that" like is said earlier on it''s pure intelligence or lack thereof.

This has just popped on the Beeb I see, never the type of thing we want to hear and pretty embarrassing as well.

I''d be interested to see what sort of ''profile'' the culprits are, ubiquitous Danny Dyre clone all togged out in designer gear bought on the ''never never'' having watched too many football hooligan movies or something else.

Either way they won''t be watching Norwich again which is reassuring to read.

I hate the way the media call them "Norwich fans",

they are "idiot gatecrashers" not there to watch the footy...

same way media blame cheap alcohol for violence - blame the individual idiots who start fights - i like a beer but never start fights!

hope that makes sense! ;-P

I only hope the club dishes out lifetime bans :-)

I heard monkey chants in the Norwich end at the Fulham away game last season and then saw someone being ejected by stewards. It appeared to be for racial abuse although I don''t think it was mentioned in the press.

I''m not sure I would step in if I saw or heard anything, racial abuse or just foul language, as I think alcohol plays a part and I think if someone reckons it''s ok to act like that in a crowd then they could be capable of anything.

Anybody who shouts something racist these days is not worth saving or worth out time trying to solve a supposed problem.As far as I''m concerned these people are just highly developed apes. Some people are just thick as sh1t and have no idea what they''re talking about.There''s nothing wrong with our support as a whole.

"YOUR SKIN IS DARKER THAN MINE, YOU''RE SO MUCH DIFFERENT AND BECAUSE I''M A THICK, STUPID D1CK I CONSIDER MYSELF BETTER THAN YOU..."

Don''t waste your time worrying about these thick, ignorant sub humans