Sign in to follow this  
Canaries north

Incoming

After relegation and a new manager players leaving is to be expected. But on the other hand so are signings. Yes we have signed 2 forwards and a good but ageing midfielder but we are hardly being linked with anyone. As a man we all know the squad is not as good as we would want it yet still no news. Not even a hint of a few players coming in. Yes as a club you always want to keep it quiet but if they want to appease the fans and get rid of the toxic feeling just give us something to be hopeful about. Please.

Actually, given that we had what wasn''t a bad PL squad last season, for me keeping hold of our better players was more important than signings per se, though of course we always need to replace/strengthen when possible.

Fulham and Cardiff have both lost a number of guys, the sort that we have largely so far managed to hold onto. As we come into the last few weeks of the transfer window we''ll see how able we are to hold onto players we want to keep.

All that said, though, we have been crying out for some defensive strengthening all close-season and I certainly hope we get some movement soon.

One thing I highlighted at the time of Adams appointment was his lack of contacts being a "newbie". I would imagine that the loss of Joe Royle has not helped in that regard. However we do have a full time recruitment bod so I would assume that we are busy behind the scenes identifying targets. But the reality also is that now we are out of the PL we are even less interesting to the media than we were before so perhaps less surprising that there isn''t much noise around this at the moment.

Well if you believe the figures in the press we''ve made just over £8m in player sales and spent £6m. Being as we are supposedly in a very strong financial position we should be flexing our muscles a bit before the window closes, not to mention I expect more money coming in from player sales before the end of the window.