Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

The Board and the Norwich City "way"

given the last few months are the board now looking at enforicng the way they want the club to play?

We have a rookie manager and a bunch of coaches with close links to the clubs... some might say "yes men", others may see it as a gamble. Hughton played it Catiously,  we were the smallest club with the smallest budget in the top flight.. The board said until the end that he was always the man for the job... It was only when he lost the support of the players (allegedly) that the plug was pulled.

This brings me to Lambert, No nonsense, rumours are that he was widely disliked... he wanted everything and he wanted it now! and he was damn well going to get it one way or another!!! He upset the apple cart, he set us out to bully the opposition, show them no respect and become a "nastier" outfit capable of beating anyone... which we did...

the board wanted the "nice guy" Gunn, Grant, Worthington.... all were friends of the club, of Delia, the ones who wouldnt upset the apple cart. "Prudence with ambition" as we play championship football... the fans never expecting much... Family club with the smiles on the faces.

Lambert changed all that, big nasty man going for the top... he didnt care who he upset... the board became Nervous.... Glenn Roeder had peed people off with his arrogance... he couldnt back it up.. Lambert had the chutspa, the walk to go with the talk.. a risky option for the board who want us to be seen a certain way. Suddenly were were the centre of attention, the media took note.. Norwich City were on the map.... but we had to play it safe... we needed "nice" players, "nice managers" and a "nice Ethos".. because thats the Norwich Way...

Look back at the last 20 years of the club, since the depature of Mr Chase..... the term "Happy clappers" was made for Norwich City it seems.

The manager should have just one mantra... win... and win at all costs... we aren''t here to make friends!

time to get nasty Norwich, change the ethos.. a manager who will pee people off and scare the hell out of players but will reap the rewards... a lack of media and news to fans, Hell even if it comes to it banning Sky after a bad interview!... the worst that can happen? you end up the club we all want you to be... "nice guys finish last" they say.... what of nice clubs?

What on earth are you talking about?

I don''t think the club care if we are perceived as a nice club or an aggressive club. You look at the way McNally does his dealings and its far from being a Mr Nice Guy.

The term happy clappers was started by the negative Norwich fans who want to moan about every little detail despite knowing very little themselves about what happens behind the scenes.

Also, what has given you the impression that Lambert was a big nasty man? Looks to be the biggest "Yes man" in football at the moment!

All that was good about the Chase years footballwise was frittered away and the football hasn''t been any good since about 1995. The present board would do well to sit down and watch some old videos of the 1988-89 and 1992-93 seasons before they appoint someone who wants to play hoofball. It would help if our fans were a little bit more discerning instead of clapping and cheering the garbage we''re served with these days.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

given the last few months are the board now looking at enforicng the way they want the club to play?

We have a rookie manager and a bunch of coaches with close links to the clubs... some might say "yes men", others may see it as a gamble. Hughton played it Catiously,  we were the smallest club with the smallest budget in the top flight.. The board said until the end that he was always the man for the job... It was only when he lost the support of the players (allegedly) that the plug was pulled.

This brings me to Lambert, No nonsense, rumours are that he was widely disliked... he wanted everything and he wanted it now! and he was damn well going to get it one way or another!!! He upset the apple cart, he set us out to bully the opposition, show them no respect and become a "nastier" outfit capable of beating anyone... which we did...

the board wanted the "nice guy" Gunn, Grant, Worthington.... all were friends of the club, of Delia, the ones who wouldnt upset the apple cart. "Prudence with ambition" as we play championship football... the fans never expecting much... Family club with the smiles on the faces.

Lambert changed all that, big nasty man going for the top... he didnt care who he upset... the board became Nervous.... Glenn Roeder had peed people off with his arrogance... he couldnt back it up.. Lambert had the chutspa, the walk to go with the talk.. a risky option for the board who want us to be seen a certain way. Suddenly were were the centre of attention, the media took note.. Norwich City were on the map.... but we had to play it safe... we needed "nice" players, "nice managers" and a "nice Ethos".. because thats the Norwich Way...

Look back at the last 20 years of the club, since the depature of Mr Chase..... the term "Happy clappers" was made for Norwich City it seems.

The manager should have just one mantra... win... and win at all costs... we aren''t here to make friends!

time to get nasty Norwich, change the ethos.. a manager who will pee people off and scare the hell out of players but will reap the rewards... a lack of media and news to fans, Hell even if it comes to it banning Sky after a bad interview!... the worst that can happen? you end up the club we all want you to be... "nice guys finish last" they say.... what of nice clubs?

[/quote]This pretty much hits the nail on the head Jas. I think the one thing that you didn''t touch on is the fact that the cook and her printer husband appear to be control freaks and so it seems we will never have a "nasty" attitude as long as they are in control of the club as it would be damaging to their public image and people might stop buying her books.And of course they won''t sell the club, because they don''t want anyone else playing with their train set.So this is what we are stuck with. A repetitive cycle of minor success in the form of the occasional promotion, followed by the inevitable relegation and then years of mediocre football being served up. And why would they want to change it, Delia''s Carvery does a nice trade, the ground sells out every week, the team has some of the best away support in the country, obviously people are quite happy to stomach the dross that we can expect for the next couple of years. Now if 10,000 people were to cancel their direct debit for their season tickets, that would probably make them sit up and think. But that will never happen because of the "waiting list" and the fear of loss that season ticket holders at Carrow Road suffer from. After all, who cares how bad the football is, I don''t want anyone sitting in my seat.

Don''t often agree with you JAS good post . I have said this for a long while get a manager in who has got nothing to do with city and kick ass I would like it to happen because who ever comes in will have to be a puppet a lap dog or whatever to keep the board happy

You do realise that it was Chase himself who dismantled everything that had been built up, leaving us in the wilderness at a time when the Sky money was kicking in?

"The term happy clappers was started by the negative Norwich fans who

want to moan about every little detail despite knowing very little

themselves about what happens behind the scenes."totally incorrectthe phrase as with happy campers has been around for decadesfirst time I heard it being used in respect of fans was in the first season in the PL in 2004 and it was a rather dismissive term for the new fans who had jumped aboard the bandwagon and were more concerned with the ''experience'' than the footballthey were the ones who would clap along with anything, sit down or stand up when told - as being oblivious to any previous behaviour

unfortunately it morphed into being an expression of contempt for those who were perceived to be not overly critical of the club - which in someways does have some kind of synergy ........... and is quite a sharp way of ridiculing your opponent ie to be thought one of those ''happy clappers'' who believe that the running about kicking a football is only one a part of the ''experience''

What delusional and self serving tosh the OP is - "look at me, look at me while I throw my toys out of the pram"........

Professional football is a hard place and even the nice guys must be tough. Perhaps asking Becchio, Bassong, Pilks etc whether Adams is nice might be an eye opener. At the same time Norwich''s most successful managers - Brown, Stringer and Walker - were all considered "nice" while it would be hard to find someone to say the same about McNally.

That is not to say that Adams will be a success. The irony is that Jas would probably tire of the nasty approach and post a similar whine against that if he got it (e.g. an Allardyce or a Pullis, a big lump up front, a niggly nasty midfield spoiler and two full backs who could hoof or throw it 60 yards into an "area of maximum opportunity").

Grow up - you are being truly truly pathetic

[quote user="BigFish"]What delusional and self serving tosh the OP is - "look at me, look at me while I throw my toys out of the pram"........

Professional football is a hard place and even the nice guys must be tough. Perhaps asking Becchio, Bassong, Pilks etc whether Adams is nice might be an eye opener. At the same time Norwich''s most successful managers - Brown, Stringer and Walker - were all considered "nice" while it would be hard to find someone to say the same about McNally.

That is not to say that Adams will be a success. The irony is that Jas would probably tire of the nasty approach and post a similar whine against that if he got it (e.g. an Allardyce or a Pullis, a big lump up front, a niggly nasty midfield spoiler and two full backs who could hoof or throw it 60 yards into an "area of maximum opportunity").

Grow up - you are being truly truly pathetic[/quote]you actually ploughed through itI gave up after about the second paragraph as it was clear by then it was nothing more than some confused and contradictory ramble that told you more about the writer than NCFC

Why is anyone surprised with our board. Today''s events surrounding Pilkington sum it up. It''s everywhere apparently and our club are telling us nothing. I really hope they have something up their sleeves ''re transfers in and surprise us all in the next 17 days or so.

Frustration is the word. Maybe we don''t deserve to be told what''s happening . After all we don''t buy tickets,replica kits and merchandise etc of which the money goes to our club do we ?

Come on board keep us in the loop

Telling somebody to "grow up" and that they are "truly, truly pathetic", simply because their opinion differs from yours.

Who looks the most pathetic? I think its you Bigfish, by a fathom or two.