Sign in to follow this  
cardiffcity

Anthony Pilkington

Hi all, Cardiff fan in peace.

Just seen this:

@BBCWalesSport: BREAKING NEWS: @CardiffCityFC are to sign midfielder Anthony @Pilkington_11 from @NorwichCityFC for an undisclosed fee

Good signing for us do you think? Admit I don''t know an awful lot about him.

Good luck for the season.

If ole has good man management he could be deadly on his day, A little injury prone but a two footed winger with a fair bit of speed. Its good there''s interest too good to rot on the bench.

Good riddance. Arrogant and injury prone waste of space with dreadful hairstyle choices.  UB40 wrote "One in Ten" about being unemployed, but could easily have written it to describe the ratio of Pilkington''s good games.

During the first two EPL seasons he was one of our best players, and him and Snodgrass virtually only midfielders to chip in with goals. His problem as outlined above has always been his inconsistency, if he played well in the first half then he would always be anonymous in the second. On the couple of games he did play well for 90 he was our best player. Disappointed to see him go though and hope ridiculous fee of £1 million a Cardiff friend has just told me is not true - apparently being reported on your forum by folk ''in the know'' - whatever that means.

[quote user="Fakenham Canary"]Disappointed to see him go though and hope ridiculous fee of £1 million a Cardiff friend has just told me is not true - apparently being reported on your forum by folk ''in the know'' - whatever that means.[/quote]The £1m fee isn''t bad news if he was on big wages.  It''s not just about the transfer fee.Anyway, folk "in the know" tend to be the same from site to site, i.e. they read Twitter.

[quote user="Fakenham Canary"]On the couple of games he did play well for 90 he was our best player.[/quote]Unfortunately I couldn''t make either game, the only two I''ve missed in the last few years. [:S]

[quote user="cardiffcity"]Hi all, Cardiff fan in peace.

Just seen this:

@BBCWalesSport: BREAKING NEWS: @CardiffCityFC are to sign midfielder Anthony @Pilkington_11 from @NorwichCityFC for an undisclosed fee

Good signing for us do you think? Admit I don''t know an awful lot about him.

Good luck for the season.[/quote]

£5 million player

injured 4/5 of the time so 1 million a fair deal

If you get him fit and back to where he was 2 years ago he''ll be a great signing. But and it''s a big but he had a terrible career threatening injury before comming to us and to me everytime he played for the last year and a half he''s looked like he''s only got about 60% to give. That''s either injury or bad attitude either way not good. Still worth a gamble IMO.

In the last year of his contract with us, a very iffy injury record and attitude issues, but can be decent on his day - £1m is probably about right as he could really go either way.

As others have said, on his day he is a Prem quality player, but we have not seen much of that in the last year or so.

Whether that is down to injuries, or the fact he doesn''t want to be at the club is another matter, but I think he could turn out to be a great signing for you if the latter.

I''m more disappointed that we''re selling first-team players to a rival club.

[quote user="I.S."]As others have said, on his day he is a Prem quality player, but we have not seen much of that in the last year or so. Whether that is down to injuries, or the fact he doesn''t want to be at the club is another matter, but I think he could turn out to be a great signing for you if the latter. I''m more disappointed that we''re selling first-team players to a rival club.[/quote]

Or if they hadn''t bought Pilkington they might have bought someone who''s good, it''s like the joke that goes ''a crazy man moved from one town to another and raised the intelligence level of both of them''.

As I mentioned on the other Pilkington thread, certainly will not be losing any sleep over this......I can count on the six fingers of my left hand the number of decent games he has had for us..............good business for us, particularly if he is a sulker and has a bad attitude towards fighting for a place in the team........

It''s a good point TCCANARY. I suppose the alternative is that we keep him (but don''t play him depending on the situation behind the scenes), pay his wages for the year and lose him on a free.

I would hope we have someone else lined up.

I find it funny that Pilks attitude is questioned by some fans yet a player who publically criticised the club & supporters and who has been as poor as Pilks over the last two years has just signed a two year contract, now lauded again.

Not sure I''m too bothered but feel we are getting short on wingers with experience. Like I daid not Sure we can rely on Surman.

Absolutely quality on his day, but yeah his day isn''t very often. And he''s had so many injuries even when he''s not injured he finds it hard to get back on form and drifts in and out of games more than any other player i''ve seen.

And Indy, Surman isn''t a winger. He''s a left midfielder, and if he gets played in the same role as Pilks then the manager is making a huge tactical blunder.

[quote user="Indy"]I find it funny that Pilks attitude is questioned by some fans yet a player who publically criticised the club & supporters and who has been as poor as Pilks over the last two years has just signed a two year contract, now lauded again. Not sure I''m too bothered but feel we are getting short on wingers with experience. Like I daid not Sure we can rely on Surman.[/quote]

Is it because Wes Hoolahan (it is him you''re referring to isn''t it, I was curious as to why you couldn''t type his name, I did and nothing bad has happened (yet)) always looks like he''s trying whereas this bloke we''ve just sold to Cardiff looked like he didn''t.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="Indy"]I find it funny that Pilks attitude is questioned by some fans yet a player who publically criticised the club & supporters and who has been as poor as Pilks over the last two years has just signed a two year contract, now lauded again. Not sure I''m too bothered but feel we are getting short on wingers with experience. Like I daid not Sure we can rely on Surman.[/quote]

Is it because Wes Hoolahan (it is him you''re referring to isn''t it, I was curious as to why you couldn''t type his name, I did and nothing bad has happened (yet)) always looks like he''s trying whereas this bloke we''ve just sold to Cardiff looked like he didn''t.

[/quote]

Shame he doesn''t try as hard on the pitch as he did trying to get his move to Villa.

Another player who''s performances for us over the past couple years being questionable.

Just comparing the two as people are using the not being bothered or wanting to be here card.

That said I''m not ar5ed about either and if losing Pilks means we keep Redmond & Fer than great.

If this means we are determined to keep Nathan Redmond then I''ll hold the door open for him.

Was a good player, maybe not as good as he thinks he is, but has an awful injury record and a dodgy attitude.

I am not very bothered to see him go

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]Well one thing we can be certain of. if he plays against us he will be superb (and will probably score aginst us)........[/quote]

Nah...he''ll be injured that week (and most other weeks...)

I can see him being moved out but cannot see why the fee would be around the £1 million mark.Swansea and Hull were sniffing round in January with a £3 million fee being touted

Dear Cardiff City, The sale of Pilks to you comes with no guarantees whatsoever.....except that you can be sure that the hair dressers, car showrooms , tattooists and boutiques of your City will have an upsurge in business.

He has been a disappointing signing for us really, mainly because when he''s on it, he''s really on it....but when he isnt he is the personification of the phrase ''Preening Ninny''.

The fact that only a year and a half ago the words Pilkington, liverpool and £ 10M, were mentioned together in the press, and now he''s worth not a lot,is a snapshot of his last 18 months. If you can get him going, and keep him going , you''ve got a bargain. If not, well..................... at least you havent spent much on him.

Something, maybe more than one thing has led to him leaving, which, given his ability is a shame, but we just havent had enough out of him, and he seems to want to leave, so good luck, except against us.

Please come back in May and gloat if he comes good for ye.

just one more thing, not sure if the red kit suits Pilks complexion...might be a good reason to try another colour, blue, maybe.

Hi cardiffcity. 

Obviously got something and showed it when he first came to Carrow Rd but he''s likely to get to know the treatment table much more intimately than the pitch at Cardiff City Stadium. Fancies himself something rotten with an ego the size of a house so you''ll need to get the builders in to get his head through the dressing room door.

You don''t get a lot for £1m these days so good luck.

Something not right about him for a good season or so, and goes missing more than a Bermudan seaplane or Ronnie Biggs.

You''ll do well to keep his feverish tattooed fingers off the social media pulse.