Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Eddie

Adams' contract

This is not intended as fuel for the Adams Out brigade, just passing on what I heard.

Adams'' 3 year contract has many a performance related escape clause written into it, meaning if certain targets aren''t met he can be dismissed without paying off the remainder of the contract. Just in case any are obsessing over how the board will not sack him as they can''t afford to.

Oh and before anyone asks, source: Dave Watson

Ahh, good old Dave Watson.

Who?

Is that our former Liverpudlian captain?

The man on the mike at Carrow Road?

Former England/Man City defender?

Our former goalkeeper coach?

Err, come to think of it, I''m sure there''s a Dave Watson who lives a couple of doors away from me.

Whoever he is, I bet good old Dave is chuffed with you spilling the beans....

Good old Dave the goalkeeping coach and what are the club going to do, sack him? The beans were spilt to someone who knows him who then told me and who knows who else.

I heard it off a mate, off of a mate, who''s auntie''s husband met a bloke down the pub.....

So of course, it must be true then....

Frankly Flecky, I couldn''t care less whether you believe it or not.

You obviously prefer to believe that our board have given a rookie manager a bullet proof three year deal.

Whatever floats your boat

[quote user="Crazy Eddie"]This is not intended as fuel for the Adams Out brigade, just passing on what I heard. Adams'' 3 year contract has many a performance related escape clause written into it, meaning if certain targets aren''t met he can be dismissed without paying off the remainder of the contract. Just in case any are obsessing over how the board will not sack him as they can''t afford to. Oh and before anyone asks, source: Dave Watson[/quote]

;

Well he''s already failed to reach one target........keeping us up!

Only problem I can see with Adams taking an early bullet, as he surely will, is that McNasty has Lennon ready and waiting and primed to take over.That is, of course, unless he gets beaten to the punch by the Smiths who would much rather have that nice Gary Holt.

David McNally and the board are not stupid. There is no way the pay-off will be a full 3 years in the event Adams completely bombs this season.

Similar to Moyes at Man Utd, I am sure there will be termination clauses if certain criteria are not met.