Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Alan Brazil: Is there a bigger tosspot in football "journalism"?

I dont like that he''s an ITFC fan, I dont like what he said about suicide, but playing devils advocate, at what point do we not have free speech?

[quote user="Block E Buh"]I dont like that he''s an ITFC fan, I dont like what he said about suicide, but playing devils advocate, at what point do we not have free speech?[/quote]eh ?who has tried to ban himor stop this ''free speech'' ?

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="Block E Buh"]I dont like that he''s an ITFC fan, I dont like what he said about suicide, but playing devils advocate, at what point do we not have free speech?[/quote]eh ?who has tried to ban himor stop this ''free speech'' ?

[/quote]

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/08/12/robin-williams-dead-alan-brazil-talksport-comments_n_5670941.html

still not a ban on free speechmerely a knee jerk reaction in calling for him to be sackedby who... ?

[quote user="City1st"]still not a ban on free speechmerely a knee jerk reaction in calling for him to be sackedby who... ?[/quote]He''s free to say what he wants, but if he spouts sh*t and causes bad publicity for his employer then they''re free to take him off the air. They won''t, though, because courting controversy is what keeps people listening...

and a said before that''s why he is there - there are far more who want to hear his ill thought out guff, that''s why they are listenerssadly this porcine buffoon always sounds like he is merely regurgitating what the last drunk told him just before kicking out time the night beforeof course any suicide is going to cause huge social problems for those left behind, but had it never occured to this idiot that someone''s mind maybe so much in ''pain'' that all of that is diminished when balanced against trying to find a way to stop that painmany years back I talked to someone with a similar problem, and sparing the cack handed analogies it is something that you can only experience it to know what it does and how it effects your very existencesadly what Alan Brazil does is play to those who are either unable or unwilling to see beyond their own narrow horizons - examples of which have been on here very recently ........ ''slitty eyed" comments, ''monkey'' noises from fans and those crass remarksquestion is - should we treat these people who behave in this way with the same kind of sympathy and empathy as we would someone suffering from problems of mental health ?are racists and bigots ill ?

[quote user="Block E Buh"]I dont like that he''s an ITFC fan, I dont like what he said about suicide, but playing devils advocate, at what point do we not have free speech?[/quote]Nobody on this thread is questioning free speech.However, with "free speech" comes taking responsibility for what you have said.Talksh*te has apologised for Alan Brazil''s comments and presumably that''s that until he has something else mindless to say.If Wiki is to be believed, he may want to start by learning the difference between Guilty and Not Guilty...

"In September 2007, Brazil was arrested near Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk on suspicion of drink-driving.[16]

He was convicted, banned from driving for 20 months, and given a £750

fine, as well as being ordered to pay £470 compensation to the court.[17]

In court, Brazil pleaded not guilty, though at the time of his arrest,

he admitted to having drunk a bottle of wine and being over the legal

alcohol limit.[18]"

Classless fat oaf.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="Block E Buh"]I dont like that he''s an ITFC fan, I dont like what he said about suicide, but playing devils advocate, at what point do we not have free speech?[/quote]Nobody on this thread is questioning free speech.However, with "free speech" comes taking responsibility for what you have said.Talksh*te has apologised for Alan Brazil''s comments and presumably that''s that until he has something else mindless to say.If Wiki is to be believed, he may want to start by learning the difference between Guilty and Not Guilty...

"In September 2007, Brazil was arrested near Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk on suspicion of drink-driving.[16]

He was convicted, banned from driving for 20 months, and given a £750

fine, as well as being ordered to pay £470 compensation to the court.[17]

In court, Brazil pleaded not guilty, though at the time of his arrest,

he admitted to having drunk a bottle of wine and being over the legal

alcohol limit.[18]"

Classless fat oaf.[/quote]
That''s because he was trying to get off on a technicality over the not fully fuctioning breath machine in the nick.  But the plank had already said he''d been drinking.

Trevor Hockey''s beard wrote

AB is a doorknob, and I haven''t heard him say those words, so I can only guess at his intonation and implied meaning, but I can see that , just maybe, he was thinking it through and reflecting on how awful this is for Williams'' family.

If that was the case you would expect he might have made an apology for any hurt caused by his comments when challenged as far as I am aware this has not been forthcoming from him only his employer.

Should the suicide of a successful actor be such headline news?

If this leads to greater understanding for people who suffer from mental illness then it can only be a good thing.